Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Really??  I actually never said Palmer wasn't a factor in Zona success.  All I said was Arians offense wasn't the reason DJ had success and mentioned how every other RB in the system was at best a low end flex, in the same offense DJ was the best RB in fantasy. Everything you keep saying enforces what I say.  What does Zona offensive ranks have to do with anything.  Simple as this Arians system was toxic for all RB's in it besides DJ.  Unlike Zeke or Bell.

 

and yet taht so called toxic system  for rb's  was ranked #3 with a rotation of ellington-chris johnson - DJ?  You do know that the cards  always had injury issues with their rb's  during the arinas/palmer era?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

 

and yet taht so called toxic system  for rb's  was ranked #3 with a rotation of ellington-chris johnson - DJ?  You do know that the cards  always had injury issues with their rb's  during the arinas/palmer era?

I'm assuming your talking about when they had the 2nd ranked offense.  Your right Carson and zona passing game was great that year.  But lets not forget in limited time DJ had 8 rushing td and 4 receiving.  Once again I come back to we are talking about what a RB does in that offense.  Lets see CJ0k who started the first 10 games ended up as number 47 overall in ppr.  Dj ended up as number 7 in ppr in 5 starts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I'm assuming your talking about when they had the 2nd ranked offense.  Your right Carson and zona passing game was great that year.  But lets not forget in limited time DJ had 8 rushing td and 4 receiving.  Once again I come back to we are talking about what a RB does in that offense.  Lets see CJ0k who started the first 10 games ended up as number 47 overall in ppr.  Dj ended up as number 7 in ppr in 5 starts.

 

which means a more talented rb will perform better than the avg in that system which is a good offensive system. yes i agree

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dashoe said:

 

which means a more talented rb will perform better than the avg in that system which is a good offensive system. yes i agree

But DJ replacment performed way below average while he performed as the best RB in fantasy.  I don't get the argument.  I could understand if the numbers were close but they are not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of his rookie year, the Cards We're terrible when he had 2100/20. The line was on IR early and Palmer was awful even though he pulled himself together late in the season. He was a pure stallion carrying a bad team and looked amazing doing it. It would behoove the next coach to build around DJ similar to Arians. If not, maybe he finds himself somewhere he will beast in 2019

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess they're talking about Caldwell as OC. I don't feel good about that at all. Ameer Abdullah disappointed largely playing under Caldwell and he's basically a poor man's DJ. Obviously DJ is far more talented but regardless I'll feel much better if they go with anyone else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I guess they're talking about Caldwell as OC. I don't feel good about that at all. Ameer Abdullah disappointed largely playing under Caldwell and he's basically a poor man's DJ. Obviously DJ is far more talented but regardless I'll feel much better if they go with anyone else. 

 

Abdullah is a homeless man's DJ who has always been a chronic fumbler; plus he's made of glass.  

 

Every NFL offense Caldwell has been involved with improved massively under his tenure and dropped precipitously after his departure.

 

I'll be laughing when Patricia leads DET to fewer wins than Caldwell and a year from now they justify why he's not getting fired. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

In regards to the possibility of Caldwell becoming OC for the Cards, here are the Pro Football Reference stats for how Caldwell teams (where he's been head coach or offensive coordinator) have done...with key rushing stat rankings (out of 32 teams) highlighted in red below. Pretty shabby rushing numbers across three different teams, so it's a bit scary for David Johnson. Hopefully Caldwell would realize he has a special talent in DJ and use him accordingly.

 

  Overall Offense Rushing Off Passing Off Defense Rushing Def Passing Def
Year Tm Role Tms WL% T/G Pts± Yds± Yds Pts GvA Att Yds TD Y/A FL Att Yds TD Int NY/A Yds Pts TkA Att Yds TD Y/A FR Att Yds TD Int nY/A
2009 IND HC 32 1 13 9 14 9 7 10 31 32 12 30 1 2 2 1 23 4 18 8 18 25 24 7 19 17 30 14 10 15 4
2010 IND HC 32 8 19 11 8 4 4 12 28 29 12 27 6 1 1 2 18 8 20 23 28 22 25 20 25 13 17 13 9 30 16
2011 IND HC 32 31 26 30 32 30 28 23 29 26 26 18 29 21 27 29 12 28 25 28 30 32 29 30 17 19 7 15 20 31 27
2012 BAL OC 32 9 8 11 15 16 10 2 12 11 6 12 3 15 15 18 6 15 17 12 14 29 20 23 8 8 16 17 2 19 16
2013 BAL OC 32 14 22 20 23 29 25 22 18 30 28 32 2 8 18 25 31 30 12 12 19 16 11 5 5 23 15 12 14 15 16
2014 DET HC 32 6 6 13 5 19 22 6 25 28 17 29 9 11 12 17 8 19 2 3 8 2 1 5 1 23 28 13 11 3 6
2015 DET HC 32 17 22 18 17 20 18 17 30 32 24 26 18 4 9 8 19 18 18 23 25 20 19 30 20 14 6 15 18 26 21
2016 DET HC 32 11 20 21 24 21 20 5 31 30 26 27 3 11 11 16 10 15 18 13 28 9 18 2 20 29 12 19 31 23 27
2017 DET HC 32 11 5 13 19 13 7 14 31 32 21 32 22 10 6 4 9 8 27 21 3 16 18 31 21 2 27 27 10 4 22

 

Edited by Corleone
Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as Caldwell goes, I'm reading that he may have been an Arizona OC candidate if Pats LB coach Brian Flores had been hired as head coach. But they went with Carolina DC Steve Wilks today, so perhaps that will squelch the possibility of Caldwell going to AZ. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Abdullah is a homeless man's DJ who has always been a chronic fumbler; plus he's made of glass.  

DJ and Ameer both came in to the NFL in 2015.

 

Abdullah career fumbles: 7

Johnson career fumbles: 11

 

Abdullah games missed: 17 of 49

Johnson games missed: 15 of 50

 

While I 100% agree that DJ is lightyears beyond Ameer in regards to NFL success thus far and the foreseeable future, it's rather foolish to use fumbles and injuries as your foundation for that argument.  I'd stick with production and talent, in which DJ has been head and shoulders above Ameer.

 

Predictable response: Yes, even on a per touch basis, DJ still has a higher fumble rate. 1:52 vs 1:60 for Ameer.

Ameer: Career Touches 426, Career Yards 2,908

DJ: Career Touches 573, Career Yards 3,844

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 5:01 AM, FFCollusion said:

DJ and Ameer both came in to the NFL in 2015.

 

Abdullah career fumbles: 7

Johnson career fumbles: 11

 

Abdullah games missed: 17 of 49

Johnson games missed: 15 of 50

 

While I 100% agree that DJ is lightyears beyond Ameer in regards to NFL success thus far and the foreseeable future, it's rather foolish to use fumbles and injuries as your foundation for that argument.  I'd stick with production and talent, in which DJ has been head and shoulders above Ameer.

 

Predictable response: Yes, even on a per touch basis, DJ still has a higher fumble rate. 1:52 vs 1:60 for Ameer.

Ameer: Career Touches 426, Career Yards 2,908

DJ: Career Touches 573, Career Yards 3,844

 

Good luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...