NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Johnson 2017 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Chances are he was going to be pretty trash any way with Palmer at the helm. He looked bad running the ball. Didn't have "it".

I for one, am glad he's injured. I can find a better RB somewhere else. facts.

Watch out, you might cut someone with all that edginess.

4 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

I'm not pretending anything. I bolded the statement I was responding to.

"Unless DJ owners hit waiver wire gold, they're likely to not make the playoffs, let alone with the whole thing."

That is hyperbole and not how I look at the stated situation. I'll say this: DJ jumped out of a swimming pool eight weeks after what looked like a completely torn/dislocated knee in Week 17 last season; an injury that looked like a 8-12 month rehab. I wouldn't put it past him to play next week. But if he doesn't, my bench simply has to step up. I like a lot of the guys sitting there, so now they get a chance.

What's your bench look like? Cause I dunno about you, but my RB backups are about 20 tiers below DJ (that's a 14 team league for you). Suddenly what was my team's biggest strength is now it's biggest weakness.

Edited by atrium
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

I'm not pretending anything. I bolded the statement I was responding to.

"Unless DJ owners hit waiver wire gold, they're likely to not make the playoffs, let alone with the whole thing."

That is hyperbole and not how I look at the stated situation. I'll say this: DJ jumped out of a swimming pool, submerged to his waist, eight weeks after what looked like a completely torn/dislocated knee in Week 17 last season; an injury that looked like a 8-12 month rehab. I wouldn't put it past him to play next week. But if he doesn't, my bench simply has to step up. I like a lot of the guys sitting there, so now they get a chance.

I also have Allen Robinson out. I can recover on my 10 man league but in my 12 man where I took Johnson second overall and Robinson in the 5th or 6th it's damn tough. 

5 minutes ago, atrium said:

Watch out, you might cut someone with all that edginess.

What's your bench look like? Cause I dunno about you, but my RB backups are about 20 tiers below DJ (that's a 14 team league for you). Suddenly my team's biggest strength is now it's biggest weakness.

I'm in a 16-team league with 17-man rosters, and will be fine. Won't derail the thread with the details, but like you, I'd rather DJ come back sooner rather than later.

EDIT: winning cures all. Right now I'm up 29 with two vs. one on Monday Night. So I feel good despite the injury, at least right now. If i turn out 0-1, then yeah, I'll feel worse.

Edited by dabeesta17
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Everyone in this ******** thread since you know...It's the Johnson thread.

My issue isn't the Johnson discussion. It's the crying about whether or not your season is ruined if Johnson is down. 

These forums used to be above that sort of trash. For the record, it isn't. 

Just now, Gandalfthecat said:

My issue isn't the Johnson discussion. It's the crying about whether or not your season is ruined if Johnson is down. 

These forums used to be above that sort of trash. For the record, it isn't. 

That's all it is here. The golden age of RW forums was 2007-2009.

You will all be fine without Johnson. Relax and play the wire. You won't find equal value but you can get by. There will be other injuries.

1 minute ago, theantishere said:

What kind of value are you DJ owners looking for if you were to sell. I'm looking to take a gamble but Idk what to start off with.

No one's gonna sell until they get clarity on the injury timetable

16 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Chances are he was going to be pretty trash any way with Palmer at the helm. He looked bad running the ball. Didn't have "it".

I for one, am glad he's injured. I can find a better RB somewhere else. facts.

LOL, the Cardinals offense was garbage and DJ still 9.1 standard points not including the fumble.  Plus Williams vultured the TD right after he went out so he would have had 15.1.

Edited by Chwf3rd

Sure I'm not going to just give up, but you can't tell me if he misses 8 weeks it's not putting you in a tough spot if you own him.  Yes, there will be other injuries, but man sucks when your #1 pick or the 2nd most expensive player in the auction gets hurt the 1st week.  

9 minutes ago, atrium said:

No one's gonna sell until they get clarity on the injury timetable

Right, but risk takers like myself might want to pounce on the opportunity, and the risk averse may want to sell now while they could get a good haul while the timetable is murky. A gamble on both sides kind of thing. 

1 hour ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

DJ was a consensus top 2 pick. So now DJ owners are essentially starting their teams with the 24th overall pick in a standard 12 person draft. I would like to see the percentage of teams that still make the playoffs when losing a top 2 overall pick. It's a massive disadvantage.

Maybe they should just abandon their teams 

So from everything I have gathered here is how it goes:

Johnson may be out a few weeks to over half the season. However, he may also be out zero weeks because those x rays our inconclusive. He can also be out one week if the MRI shows it's not all that bad. Some sources also say he's some lizard mutant that heals quick so who knows.

Hope that information helps.

Edited by Gohawks

As a DJ owner in a huge money league of course I'm pissed. But it seems like most of you aren't confident in your drafting skills. Just because DJ might be out it doesn't mean your season is over. It's football and anything can happen with any damn line up. Now stop being a bunch of babies and figure out what the hell you need to do to win your match up next week. 

2 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

DJ got hurt in week 17 last year.

he got hurt again in week 1 this year. 

How long till we say he is injury prone? 

A long long long time.

One more thing, just because there isn't a break does not mean there isn't a fracture in one of the bones. The x-ray won't pick up a smaller fracture. Also, there is the possibility of a serious tear in the ligaments that would require surgery which is where the much longer time line comes from. The half a season plus is a realistic opportunity because there is a chance he will require surgery. However, the huge swelling can also be just from bruising and he can be day to day.

The reality is the spectrum of injury is extremely wide. With Robinson it was yeah he is done for at least half the year if not the entire year. For Johnson you can have him next week or get him back just in time for the fantasy playoffs if not at all. Panic? Maybe not yet but I am definitely worried out of my mind. This really is just a wait and see and like mentioned above not much to discuss at this point. Tomorrow this thread should be extremely interesting. Hopefully in a turn up sort of way.

Edited by Gohawks
  • tonycpsu changed the title to David Johnson 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic