NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jose Abreu 2017 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg90 said:

He hit .319 with 14 homers after the all star break last season. He is the definition of consistency. He has a history of starting slow, but the rewards are worth the wait. He may have been valued above guys who will have better seasons than him, but consistency has value. He is a safe bet. 

I'll agree with that in a roto league where final lines are all that matter, but in a H2H league he's far from consistent. 70% of his production came over the final 2 months. He has brutal stretches, evidenced by a July last year where he hit 0 homers and slugged .361.

Again I think he'll finish around .285/22/90. It's not bad, but it's not close to being worth a 4th or 5th round pick.

God I hope I'm wrong and you guys are right. I'll eat a buffet of crow.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

I'll agree with that in a roto league where final lines are all that matter, but in a H2H league he's far from consistent. 70% of his production came over the final 2 months. He has brutal stretches, evidenced by a July last year where he hit 0 homers and slugged .361.

That's pretty much what you want in H2H.If 70% were to come in the last 2 weeks,even better.

9 minutes ago, frankhoward said:

That's pretty much what you want in H2H.If 70% were to come in the last 2 weeks,even better.

Not if he doesn't help you enough to make the playoffs... I did make the playoffs even though he sucked for 70% of the season. Oh well I'm done arguing this. He's a solid player - no more, no less. He's not worth a 5th round pick.