NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

Crazy overreaction in this thread...again. It's well documented the Patriots struggle in Miami. This also looked like every single game Brady struggles in when the pass rush is dominant, so those saying it's the Achilles injury or him being "washed up" need to reevaluate and perhaps didn't see the first 3/4 of last year's Super Bowl, the AFC Championship game the year before or the either Super Bowl against the Giants, etc.

I fully expect a bounce back game against the Steelers next week, Gronk will be back and it's a defensive scheme that Brady has shredded for years

• Like 3
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part was he managed to mis-spell Garoppolo's name 3 different ways.lol

Relax.  He threw a pass 60 yards in the air and dropped it right in Cooks' bucket.  For those that are comparing him to 2015 Manning, did you actually watch Manning that year?  He couldn't throw the b

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

Crazy overreaction in this thread...again. It's well documented the Patriots struggle in Miami. This also looked like every single game Brady struggles in when the pass rush is dominant, so those saying it's the Achilles injury or him being "washed up" need to reevaluate and perhaps didn't see the first 3/4 of last year's Super Bowl, the AFC Championship game the year before or the either Super Bowl against the Giants, etc.

I fully expect a bounce back game against the Steelers next week, Gronk will be back and it's a defensive scheme that Brady has shredded for years

+1.  Last night was a clear cut look ahead spot you could see coming a mile away.  

Sexy Tom will reward those who were fortunate enough to survive that stinker

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MoonBlaster said:

Overreaction isn't simply tied to this last game...it is historically shown that Tom has some duds during fantasy playoffs so a dynasty owner like myself certainly is going to have worrying thoughts of being burned, again, in week 15 in back to back years.  See Andy Behrens Twitter post mentioned in a post above.

The Superbowl game has zero to do with where he is RIGHT NOW, 14 games into the season.

Edited by Rizzle630
19 minutes ago, Rizzle630 said:

Overreaction isn't simply tied to this last game...it is historically shown that Tom has some duds during fantasy playoffs so a dynasty owner like myself certainly is going to have worrying thoughts of being burned, again, in week 15 in back to back years.  See Andy Behrens Twitter post mentioned in a post above.

The Superbowl game has zero to do with where he is RIGHT NOW, 14 games into the season.

My reference to the Super Bowl and the other games is a response to those who are saying this is a result of him being "over the hill" or his Achilles injury playing a factor which is simply not the case. Anytime there is a constant pressure on him he looks exactly like he did last night, skittish and inaccurate with a fair amount of desperation heaves down field.

You also need to look at those games listed on that tweet.. in 2016 they played the Broncos still rather dominate defense in Denver, in 2015 they played the over achieving Jets in NY who also put a lot of pressure on Brady (Edelman and Amendola both missed this game as well), in 2014 it was again the Jets in NY who had 4 sacks on Brady and were chasing him around all game.. It's easy to look at the stats in a vacuum but the matchups are what matters, we've known for a long time that the Patriots struggle in Miami. Not saying that people should know to bench him but it's important to tie expectations to the matchup like you would any other player.. Now looking at the history the Patriots have against the Tomlin Steelers it is fully understandable to expect a big game from Brady, if he falters then I would consider that a huge letdown.

5 hours ago, MoonBlaster said:

It's well documented the Patriots struggle in Miami.

It's well documented the Patriots dominate the Bills.  Except for last week.

When a QB plays poorly two weeks in a row against poor defenses, it's alarming.

25 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

They beat the Bills 23-3.  That's not domination?  Brady was 21-30 for 258 yards.  Not outstanding, but not exactly playing poorly.  I'm not alarmed.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

The Pats won convincingly. Tom played a good game he just didn't need to do a whole lot and unfortunately the Pats scored their TDs via running plays.. There is a huge difference between "playing poorly" and having a bad fantasy outing..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Tom Brady 2017 Outlook
  • jbshaw locked this topic