NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

swaggyp

Given Brady's recent struggles and historic issues against Buffalo, I've grabbed Foles and am seriously considering an emergency start in the championship game...not a bench coach question - kinda - but is anyone else considering safer options? I feel like Tom will get his piece but the ceiling is tempered

• Haha 1

Best thing to do with Brady, if he is healthy to start 2018, is use him for the first ten games or so while you hunt for the next Wentz/Goff/Garapolo to use down the stretch.  When it is cold, the Pats get into some tight games and focus a lot on the running game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nap Time said:

I believe the Pats would have scored more points this season with Garoppolo at QB.

Belichick probably does, too.  But he could not get rid of fan favorite Tom Brady 

If Tom Brady wins MVP this year, the MVP race is trash.

In no way should he be the favorite to win MVP, if we're talking football.

But if he wins, it's all just a popularity contest on "Who is the bigger name in Football".

• Like 3

Brady has soured me.  Nothing to do from a real football perspective, but I should have never fallen for him.  He is atrocious in fantasy playoff time.  Burned by Brady this year.  He played excellent this year, but not MVP excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember when Tom Brady was outplayed over a 5 game stretch this season by Josh McGown despite the fact that Brady is on a Super Bowl team and McGown is on, well, the Jets?

Here is another interesting statistical nugget from Brady's 2017 season:

"In December, he completed just 61.3% of his passes and completed a TD-INT ratio of 6-5 for a passer rating of 81.6. Those are Brock Osweiler numbers."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/overlooked-detail-in-espn-story-that-should-concern-pats-fans/ar-BBI7day?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

MVP?

Edited by FreakFries
  • Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Tom Brady 2017 Outlook
  • jbshaw locked this topic