Tom Brady 2017 Outlook

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part was he managed to mis-spell Garoppolo's name 3 different ways.lol

Relax.  He threw a pass 60 yards in the air and dropped it right in Cooks' bucket.  For those that are comparing him to 2015 Manning, did you actually watch Manning that year?  He couldn't throw the b

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

like when Burress predicted the Giants SB win? bulletin board material is tough to read with the other team's defense on top of Brady 

You should bet on Jags ML.

3 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

The most overrated player in NFL history's season ends Sunday - if the refs let the Jags play defense 

he scored 337.3 points (3rd highest) in a 1/2 ppr only behind Wilson & Gurley

threw for the highest yards in 2017---  4577

32 TD's 8 INT's

more like you're just F jealous of his success

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Maybe if they hadn't said out loud they were gonna win. BB and Brady love that. 

I agree. Pats will eat this up internally and do what Brady has done already and down play it in front of media.

With that being said, I was listening to some talk radio and they made an interesting point that I agree with. Some players need to be boisterous and say things out loud as a way of motivating themselves and a way of reminding them that "they are good" or "it can be done". This is so true in a lot of walks of life beyond football. Not saying that they are content or will be content with an AFC Championship appearance, Specifically for Jalen Ramsey and the Jags, it takes the thought of "at least we made it this far" to "lets go out there and back up what we said and prove that we are good".

I am in no means picking a winner here just yet, but psychologically that statement could have helped both teams.

On 1/16/2018 at 2:49 PM, dashoe said:

I think the Steelers tape is more valuable because in my view schematically they are closer to the pats than the Niners with the power run game, use of TE's and 3wr sets. Unfortuntely Cooks is nowhere close to being as dangerous as AB but when you have a Gronk you can hurt any defense.  However hoodie has the QB and players to  change schemes every week and it won't look like anything he did the week before because he tailors it to the opponent they play in terms of personel. 

When u think the pats zig they will zag and when u think they will zag they will zag because hoodie says u cant stop his zag. 

+1 playoff Amendola

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Maybe if they hadn't said out loud they were gonna win. BB and Brady love that. 

I think bulletin board material is a great motivator for practice and running out of the tunnel but after the first play when you get hit or you hit someone it has zero value.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

he scored 337.3 points (3rd highest) in a 1/2 ppr only behind Wilson & Gurley

threw for the highest yards in 2017---  4577

32 TD's 8 INT's

more like you're just F jealous of his success

nah, life's good ... and i never said he wasnt a good fantasy asset, did say he's a ridiculously overrated player in real life [they won with brissett and cassel, for example, because BB and Gronk are what make this team so unstoppable - super sick burn though]

there's also the fact that he was mediocre at best in over half of his SB performances, but whatever he scored more fantasy points than Leveon Bell in your league so he's a demigod 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think bulletin board material is a great motivator for practice and running out of the tunnel but after the first play when you get hit or you hit someone it has zero value.

Disagreed x100.

50 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Disagreed x100.

I don't know guy. When i played for the towns pop warner title our coach would tell us the other team was saying that  they would beat us so bad we wouldnt get ice cream after the game so we were fired up. After the 1st play I  forgot about ice cream and was thinking about did anyone notice  that  I got taken out of the play because i missed my assignment. When we won the game then I thought about the ice cream speech because i was hungry.:mellow:

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

I don't know guy. When i played for the towns pop warner title our coach would tell us the other team was saying that  they would beat us so bad we wouldnt get ice cream after the game so we were fired up. After the 1st play I  forgot about ice cream and was thinking about did anyone notice  that  I got taken out of the play because i missed my assignment. When we won the game then I thought about the ice cream speech because i was hungry.:mellow:

Im assuming from the Ice Cream truck?

Need to know what item we are talking bout. ChocoTacos re delicious. But those red white and blue things with the gumball at the bottom can kick rocks.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

gosh golly I hope Tommy is OK ...  it's brilliant really.  if they win  - omg how heroic of a performance. if they lose - Tommy's hand hurts. 

Dear refs, please let the Jags play football on Sunday. 

My thought exactly.  The Patriots are the best organization I've ever seen at hiding player injuries.  This is all smokescreen media games.

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

gosh golly I hope Tommy is OK ...  it's brilliant really.  if they win  - omg how heroic of a performance. if they lose - Tommy's hand hurts. 

Dear refs, please let the Jags play football on Sunday. 

When the Patriots win this Sunday make sure you have your crybaby tissues stocked up ...

• Haha 1

Stitches only need to be in 5-10 days....they may even be removed by then. Shouldn't be a big deal, especially if they're on the knuckles. Throwing should be fine. Bunch of morons playing up the injury. It's typical New England style, but still annoying.

On 1/18/2018 at 2:39 PM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

if you actually need bulletin board BS to get up for a game, you're already screwed 

He'll  be fine. Dude plays through everything. 

• Like 1

Re: bulletin board material

Jags had plenty of material before playing the Steelers and were clearly motivated by it. Didn’t screw them over one bit.

Re: Brady injury

People bitch when the Pats disclose injuries and people bitch when the Pats don’t disclose injuries. What can you do? Either way Brady won’t make any excuses for how he plays, that’s not his style, he’s not Roethlisberger like that. He’s played through a sports hernia (2005 season) that wasn’t disclosed until after the season. He’s been playing through an Achilles tendon injury since midseason this year, which obviously has been disclosed.

19 hours ago, raltherr said:

My thought exactly.  The Patriots are the best organization I've ever seen at hiding player injuries.  This is all smokescreen media games.

lol. Listen, I hate the Pats as much as anyone on here. But, how do you expect them to hide this one? Please enlighten us. He obviously couldn't practice Thursday due to the stitches. He's going to show up on the injury report with a hand injury. How could they have tried to hide this one? Especially with visible stitches on his hand. 

It's one thing to hide a rib injury (or any part of the body that can be covered up). A visible injury to the hand - that's a different story. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Tom Brady 2017 Outlook
  • jbshaw locked this topic