NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thumbs down    Mods, can we get unlike buttons yet? 

Thats pretty much what I figured. That they had some vendetta or score to settle. I'm all for players having critics and naysayers because that's what creates discussion around here. But if you're gon

Posted Images

3 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Almost 100 total yards and a touchdown = Trent Richardson?

Did you bother to read my quote? He is decent in PPR! Standard? He rushed for 40yds on 19 carries. Is the comparison running the ball that far off? 

Edited by 77georgec

Let me get this straight, after playing his first two seasons under the worst, most ancient offensive mind in modern football, we are ready to downgrade the kid after one game of the 2017 season. Boy have things changed. I'm not anointing him the generational back many touted him to be when he came out, but let's see what he can do under this new regime this year or at least 6 games or so. Lol. 

10 hours ago, CamNewton said:

Should have taken Fournette, Hunt, Rodgers over him.

Rodgers? The guy who just posted 1 TD? Or Rodgers, the guy who didn't play week 1 and will be relegated to a back up position once Martin is back?

I'm so happy I don't take advice on this forum cause it's laughable how people react. 

7 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Rodgers? The guy who just posted 1 TD? Or Rodgers, the guy who didn't play week 1 and will be relegated to a back up position once Martin is back?

I'm so happy I don't take advice on this forum cause it's laughable how people react. 

I think he meant Aron Rodgers over him as a 2nd rounder. 

14 hours ago, 77georgec said:

Did you bother to read my quote? He is decent in PPR! Standard? He rushed for 40yds on 19 carries. Is the comparison running the ball that far off? 

I forgot in non-PPR you don't get points for yards through the air.

I have him in a standard league and he got me 15.4 points. What's wrong with that? 

Funny , that so many are commenting on his speed or box score but not a mention of how Gurley was actually BREAKING tackles. Now for many that may not seem pertinent but it's a very important indicator on what yards the rb creates on his own  at the point of contact.  Ove the course of a game a rb who breaks tackles eventually breaks for long runs and td's

3 hours ago, Travis C. said:

trent richardson 2.0

Are you serious? A lot of overreaction in this thread. In full 1pt PPR, dude scored 20 points this week. I think the improved passing game should open up things for Gurley as coaches start respecting Goff more. Some good matchups in the immediate future will allow owners to access just how balanced and good this offense can be.

48 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I forgot in non-PPR you don't get points for yards through the air.

I have him in a standard league and he got me 15.4 points. What's wrong with that? 

Against, arguably the worst defense in football. It will get worse unless they fix that line and give him a new set of eyeballs. Volume is the only thing that will keep us afloat with him.

1 hour ago, 77georgec said:

Against, arguably the worst defense in football. It will get worse unless they fix that line and give him a new set of eyeballs. Volume is the only thing that will keep us afloat with him.

Whatever it takes, as long as he gets me points similar to week 1, I have no problem.

2 hours ago, svtballa said:

guy had 96 total yards and a TD in 3 Qaurters!  You guys are hard to please.

The big thing keeping me from getting excited was the defense he did it against. I'm a "hater," but last game screamed good match-up (and I liked him enough to play in daily as a result). I want to see how he does against a competent defense before I come around to him in season long. I think trying to sell to an overactive owner would still be best way to get season long return of you can.

Got some weird folks up in here. He was drafted outside the Top 10 RBs, yet will receive massive volume this year, including passing game for PPR folks. And some of yall still find a way to bitch. If you drafted him as a top 3-5 RB, then that's on you. He had a terrible year in 2016 and still finished as an RB2.

I love the armchair scouts out there. No one gives a s--- about talent in fantasy football. It's all about production. 

31 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

The big thing keeping me from getting excited was the defense he did it against. I'm a "hater," but last game screamed good match-up (and I liked him enough to play in daily as a result). I want to see how he does against a competent defense before I come around to him in season long. I think trying to sell to an overactive owner would still be best way to get season long return of you can.

Against an incompetent defense that completely played 1 dimensional football to stop the run, he pulled off 15 points in standard. Now that teams realize Goff can throw the ball, they will need to scheme for both. Add in the fact that he can catch the ball out of the backfield, you've got a recipe for success.

Any owners down on Gurley probably lost this week and need a scapegoat, because he is a solid option.

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

Funny , that so many are commenting on his speed or box score but not a mention of how Gurley was actually BREAKING tackles. Now for many that may not seem pertinent but it's a very important indicator on what yards the rb creates on his own  at the point of contact.  Ove the course of a game a rb who breaks tackles eventually breaks for long runs and td's

Yea, the guy was consistently breaking multiple tackles deep in his own backfield turning potential 8 yard losses into just 2 yard losses. Obviously not ideal for fantasy purposes but he is at no risk for losing volume and the individual ability is clearly there.

Edited by MJJ28
3 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Todd Gurley will outscore this season:

Crowell, Fournette, Miller, Murray, Howard, Ajayi. 

Agreed with all of the above with the exception of Fournette. That guy is a monster. They're  going to get him 25-30 total touches per game. He could finish as a top 5 RB.

On 9/11/2017 at 5:04 PM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Let me get this straight, after playing his first two seasons under the worst, most ancient offensive mind in modern football, we are ready to downgrade the kid after one game of the 2017 season. Boy have things changed. I'm not anointing him the generational back many touted him to be when he came out, but let's see what he can do under this new regime this year or at least 6 games or so. Lol. 

You mean the worst, most ancient offensive mind that coached him during his breakout games?  Give me a break.  How long is Jeff Fisher going to be blamed for Gurley plodding around?