NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

10 minutes ago, Panthor said:

like i said, what are you going to sell him for?  right now his value is  Bell/DJ.  are you going to get that value?  probably not.  so why not ride it out like you would if i was Bell or DJ. 

His value is not DJ and Bell right now. I play in 40 leagues, the majority of them I've found through this forum, I own 10-12 shares of him and I can tell you without a doubt that's no where near his value.

1 minute ago, CrastersCreep said:

His value is not DJ and Bell right now. I play in 40 leagues, the majority of them I've found through this forum, I own 10-12 shares of him and I can tell you without a doubt that's no where near his value.

How many points does DJ have so far?:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

How many points does DJ have so far?:rolleyes:

Right got me there - insert DJ for elite RB (gurley is not one). We'll see what happens when his schedule gets tough. Again I'm not rooting for him, I like him, want to see him succeed but I'm also realistic about his value and how good I think he'll be.

Just now, CrastersCreep said:

Right got me there - insert DJ for elite RB (gurley is not one). We'll see what happens when his schedule gets tough. Again I'm not rooting for him, I like him, want to see him succeed but I'm also realistic about his value and how good I think he'll be.

Yeah i'm just looking at the current pool of every down rbs and it's rather thin so it's irrelevant to go on about his talent vs bell/dj or ypc when volume and opportunity  are there.

A rb who is on the field for 80% of the snaps gets points

Points are points in fantasy. 

7 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

You're deluded. I own multiple shares of Gurley and If you think his talent + situation mimics that of Bell then I don't know what to say. He's done great vs 3 terrible defenses. I've watched closely and haven't come away very impressed. He looks stiff and hesitant. His ypc reflects that. I'm not going to be rooting against the guy but the notion that you wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league is simply silly. I don't care what he did his rookie year or last year. He's on an an average/below average team with an average/below average line and QB. Again I'm not suggesting the sky is falling or saying he's "not good". The notion that he's an elite top 3 option ROS is what I don't buy.

why are you changing the discussion to fit your narrative?  you're the one who used ypc as some trump measuring stick, and i simply showed you how mistaken that was, now you're going to go off on some other tangent talking about talent?   so what about Bell's ypc for those games last year and 2014, does that mean he is stiff and hesistant.  your points make no sense

are you an nfl scout do you have years of experience evaluating players? it doesn't matter if he impresses you or not, there was a time when people weren't that impressed with Bell either, and there was definitely a time when people weren't impressed with Forte either.  all that matters is how he is being used on the field.  and he is being used on the field plenty and in the same manner as what you would want and expect from the top RBs, 3 down running back involved in the passing game.

no one said don't trade him, there you go again changing what people are saying to fit your own narrative. 

so your last point, is i don't care what he has done or what he has done, if it doesn't fit what i think it isn't relevant... wow

1 minute ago, phegotgame14 said:

We will see what Gurley and Goff next week against an above average team and defense. LA Rams looking like greatest show on turf against those three awful teams. Im predicting 15-40-0 for Gurley and <200 yards with 3 picks for Goff

Oh I see, just noticed ur bottom sig. . . YOU HAVE RAWLS AS YOUR RB1. . .:ph34r:

13 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

O.o 40 leagues,  what does that have to do with anything.  i'm in 50 league,  see i can do that too  :)

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

why are you changing the discussion to fit your narrative?  you're the one who used ypc as some trump measuring stick, and i simply showed you how mistaken that was, now you're going to go off on some other tangent talking about talent?   so what about Bell's ypc for those games last year and 2014, does that mean he is stiff and hesistant.  your points make no sense

are you an nfl scout do you have years of experience evaluating players? it doesn't matter if he impresses you or not, there was a time when people weren't that impressed with Bell either, and there was definitely a time when people weren't impressed with Forte either.  all that matters is how he is being used on the field.  and he is being used on the field plenty and in the same manner as what you would want and expect from the top RBs, 3 down running back involved in the passing game.

no one said don't trade him, there you go again changing what people are saying to fit your own narrative. 

so your last point, is i don't care what he has done or what he has done, if it doesn't fit what i think it isn't relevant... wow

I'm the one with an agenda yet you're telling me hes untradable? Ok dude. At least the other guy is reasonable. Are you an NFL scout? 

I dont think hes an elite RB. He has averaged over 5.0 ypc in his last 19 starts. He plays in a mediocre offense with average to below average talent around him. He has a very tough schedule upcoming. Based on the eye test (which is what we're all using), he doesn't look particularly impressive, when comparing him to other elite RBs. His numbers moved the past 19 games reflect that. 

Again there's a lot to like, his usage, durability, he has a high floor, and it's definitely encouraging to see him get involved in the passing game.

But because I don't buy him as a top 3 player ROS I have an agenda, ok bud.

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Would you losers stop bickering and realize that Gurley is a stud this year? Jesus you people are sad. Sorry you don't have any shares or he destroyed you this week in one of your league's you're probably doing awful in. Get over it and go to a different forum. 

I will agree with this if Gurley rushes for over 100 yards next week

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Would you losers stop bickering and realize that Gurley is a stud this year? Jesus you people are sad. Sorry you don't have any shares or he destroyed you this week in one of your league's you're probably doing awful in. Get over it and go to a different forum. 

No ones doing that moron..were owners of him discussing what his value or perceived value is because we don't rest on our laurels and just consider it a foregone conclusion he's a stud ROS because of 3 good games

When the Cowboys played the Broncos, they put 8+ men in the box for 1 of CJ Anderson's 25 carries and kept extra help in the backend to help stop the WRs of the Broncos, since the Rams established a semi capable passing games these previous 3 weeks maybe just maybe they won't load up the box on every play. This week Gurley faced 8+ men in the box over 40% of his carries and still had 100+ yards rushing. If the Cowboys defense does the same thing next week against the rams  I would consider 100 rushing yards very obtainable because CJ Anderson absolutely destroyed them on the ground.

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think its hilarious people are nitpicking a rb that has given 90pts over 3 games as if they had better options the last 3 games. . .:rolleyes:

Oh yeah when Gurley gets a magical 9.5 ypc then he is worthy enough to start on your team. . .:lol:

I'm very grateful for the 90 points, a big reason I'm 3-0 in most of the leagues I own him.  That being said its healthy to wonder about  ROS outlook and weigh options.

it is worth noting he's been over 5.0 ypc in his last 19 games.

Edited by CrastersCreep

1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:

We will see what Gurley and Goff next week against an above average team and defense. LA Rams looking like greatest show on turf against those three awful teams. Im predicting 15-40-0 for Gurley and <200 yards with 3 picks for Goff

One of those awful teams put the clamps down on Seattle last week.

The Rams are not going to get shut out by the likes of the Giants who just got ran on by the Lions last week or the Seahawks who just got annihilated by Hyde last week. They're not going to get shut out by any of the teams on their schedule. Maybe they won't put up 41 points but they're going to score touchdowns, and Gurley is going to be getting most of them.

People are so focused on Gurley's running when this is entirely about Goff's passing. This offense has a passing threat now - something Bell and Zeke and DJ have always had while Gurley has not.

I don't know if Gurley is particularly good. Or at least his situation is not particularly good. But he gets crazy volume, both in the running game and passing game.  So its pretty much impossible for him not to put up good numbers. And very few running backs can match that type of volume and diversity. That's easily a Top 10 guy, probably Top 5. I think anyone that has him should be happy.

Made a trade last week, i give up Cooper for Gurley and Sander.

Then this before thursday game in another league, traded McCoy and Martin for Gurley and D Thomas.

Very excited to own him, even though I had to cheer against him since I had to face him before he traded to be for week 4.