NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

1 hour ago, tpat30 said:

Was gonna mention that the Cowboys are gonna slow this Gurley train down, but Sean Lee will be questionable and I think will sit.

If Lee sits, Gurley has another big day.

So far the Cowboys have played the giants who probably have the 2nd worst set of RBs in the NFL right now and the Cardinals who probably have the worst set of RBs in the NFL right now, not to mention an offensive line missing 2 starters. The one decent RB they played absolutely destroyed them, I believe CJ had 150 and 2 total TDs. The Dallas defense isn't intimidating and that's especially true if they are without their best defensive player. Start with confidence and expect 120+ total yards with a really high chance to get in the redzone. The rams have been in the redzone a lot already this season and when they get there they feed Gurley continuously, he will get chances he just needs to convert one.

Edited by Ddam2013

1 hour ago, Ddam2013 said:

So far the Cowboys have played the giants who probably have the 2nd worst set of RBs in the NFL right now and the Cardinals who probably have the worst set of RBs in the NFL right now, not to mention an offensive line missing 2 starters. The one decent RB they played absolutely destroyed them, I believe CJ had 150 and 2 total TDs. The Dallas defense isn't intimidating and that's especially true if they are without their best defensive player. Start with confidence and expect 120+ total yards with a really high chance to get in the redzone. The rams have been in the redzone a lot already this season and when they get there they feed Gurley continuously, he will get chances he just needs to convert one.

Dallas usually plays the run well. I wouldn't be surprised if Gurley was held in check some. I think he'll do some damage in the passing game. Rams usually play the Cowboys tough too and are usually high scoring.

Edited by tpat30

On 9/11/2017 at 11:53 AM, dabeesta17 said:

Nobody in this thread wants to hear this. Trent Richardson had three 15+ point PPR games (one 20+) in his third NFL season too; his final NFL season of significance. Selling high right now to a sucker in a PPR league (no way anyone bites in standard) who sees "20 points" is the absolute best fantasy-savvy move to do right now.

Richardson (also a 1st round pick) got three seasons and two coaching staffs of chances with his 3.3 yards per carry before vanishing from the NFL. I suspect this will be Gurley's final season in the NFL as well. 19 carries for 40 yards is even worse then 2016 Gurley, with an alleged better running scheme and offense overall. Goff was only sacked once, so the O-line played well against the JV Colts. Every RB has big gains called back on holding penalties, but that seems to be the prevailing excuse now for Gurley's 2 yards per carry yesterday.

I'd trade him for Cohen and another high-upside player now. Someone will bite in PPR. Do yourselves a favor and go for the championship with a move like this.

Win a championship with a move like that. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by MJJ28

1. "Sell him high" they said...

"He faces a gauntlet of tough D's" they said...

"He won't have a bigger game this year" they said...

Edited by ponza88

33 minutes ago, ponza88 said:
  1. "Sell him high" they said...

"He faces a gauntlet of tough D's" they said...

"He won't have a bigger game this year" they said...

yes i was one of them and i was severely mistaken. i grossly underrated him, his usage, and just how good of a receiver he is.

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME TO SELL GURLEY HIGH BECAUSE OF HIS ROS SCHEDULE!!!!!!   :rolleyes:

yeah i was saying that and i clearly under estimated him, his situation, talent, line, usage, coaching, pretty much everything. the aspect i most under estimated was just how good of a receiver he is and the teams ability to utilize him there. 

i think he'll definitely remain an elite rb1 ROS. i also expected him to do well versus Dallas and its his remaining schedule that i was/am concerned over. he definitely looks to be pretty match up proof and has as high of a floor as any player in FF.

Man, I don't think even those of us who believed in Gurley's talents expected him to bounce back like this...

and @dabeesta17 has zero problems calling other posters like @Iron-cock out about being wrong about DJ last season. Yet he spends an entire offseason comparing Gurley to Trent Richardson, and now that he couldn't be more wrong, he's nowhere to be found. Admit you were wrong, it's slightly less embarrassing than hiding away with your tail tucked between your legs like you've been doing.