NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thumbs down    Mods, can we get unlike buttons yet? 

Thats pretty much what I figured. That they had some vendetta or score to settle. I'm all for players having critics and naysayers because that's what creates discussion around here. But if you're gon

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Damn Trent Richardson had an incredible transformation.

If Gurley really is the second coming of Trent Richardson, then I'm picking up Trent and holding him. 

That guy is gonna be big, soon.

9 hours ago, dashoe said:

I tell you that Gurley is just a terrible runner, he has no vision, no burst, he only gets what's blocked, he's such a plodder, no atleticism. 

Did I forget anything?:rolleyes:

strictly a two down back - horrible in the pass game, so much so that he made Benny Cunningham relevant for awhile.

AVOID IN PPR!!1!!!1! 

Gore had 80 yards and almost 4 YPC against the Seahawks in Seattle, I might add. I have no worries about what Gurley can do against this offense in LA. Also a fun fact they shared last night during the game is the Seahawks are 1-14-1 (don't quite remember the exact record) average 12 points and give up 20 points in games that are played on normal grass. Gamescript may be in his favor once again this week because of this.

Lol @ this thread. 

You know when you have a phone/tv that gets burn-in because you left it on in a frozen state for too long? That's Gurley in lineups. Gurly should have burn-in in everyone's lineup meaning you should set him and forget about him. Spend your energy on that TE or DEF.

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

I mean the scoring wont be this high every week, but he's very good and an easy RB1.

Haven't we been saying that about his scores every week and we are still wrong? I'm beginning to think we have yet to see his ceiling. . :lol:

The only thing that hurts Gurleys floor is if the coach decides to go pass heavy and for some reason Goff  chooses to not include Gurley. . which I would bet does not happen at all. Gurley has made it vocally known and through his play that he has to be included in every aspect of the offense and he won't accept anything less. The only other thing is if a defense sells out completely to stop him on every down and force the other players to beat them , which is a higher probablilty in my view.  Similar to Denver shutting down zeke but they have the personnel to pull that off other teams don't.

I will take  happily that 1 or 3 games  Gurley puts up 10-15pts.

Edited by dashoe
21 hours ago, atrium said:

Man, I don't think even those of us who believed in Gurley's talents expected him to bounce back like this...

and @dabeesta17 has zero problems calling other posters like @Iron-cock out about being wrong about DJ last season. Yet he spends an entire offseason comparing Gurley to Trent Richardson, and now that he couldn't be more wrong, he's nowhere to be found. Admit you were wrong, it's slightly less embarrassing than hiding away with your tail tucked between your legs like you've been doing.

The most "wrong" thing I said about DJ is that I wouldn't draft him in the first round last preseason.  But I never said DJ was "Trent Richardson"  or not talented.  In fact, I compared DJ to Arian Foster and Matt Forte (in his prime) last preseason.  My sole crime in the eyes of Dabeesta was not wanting to draft DJ in the first round since I felt he had a limited track record, and wanting to draft other RB's in later rounds like Lesean McCoy.   For some reason Joshua and Dabeesta were deeply offended by this and decided the best way to take out their frustration was to troll the Gurley thread at the end of 2016 and in 2017.   Dabeesta at least has the excuse of being an ASU fan & loving DJ, Joshua has no excuse.

2 hours ago, ZChronicNebula said:

He's a running wide receiver. Game-script doesn't matter. Rams line is one of the best in the league right now. Id say buy if you have an owner still uneasy about his schedule RoS.

I'd disagree about his offensive line.  From what I've seen the LT looks good, maybe the center...a lot of it is hit or miss.  They barely get any push on the goal line, based on the SF game (haven't watched the DAL game yet).  

All that said, as you mention he is immune to Gamescript at this point and teams can't load up the box since the Rams have some semblance of a pass offense this season.    

Gurley is on pace for 2384 yards from scrimmage and 28 TDs.  478.4 points in PPR, 398.4 in standard.  Both would be the most points by a running back, probably going all the way back to Tomlinson.

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

The most "wrong" thing I said about DJ is that I wouldn't draft him in the first round last preseason.  But I never said DJ was "Trent Richardson"  or not talented.  In fact, I compared DJ to Arian Foster and Matt Forte (in his prime) last preseason.  My sole crime in the eyes of Dabeesta was not wanting to draft DJ in the first round since I felt he had a limited track record, and wanting to draft other RB's in later rounds like Lesean McCoy.   For some reason Joshua and Dabeesta were deeply offended by this and decided the best way to take out their frustration was to troll the Gurley thread at the end of 2016 and in 2017.   Dabeesta at least has the excuse of being an ASU fan & loving DJ, Joshua has no excuse.

Thats pretty much what I figured. That they had some vendetta or score to settle. I'm all for players having critics and naysayers because that's what creates discussion around here. But if you're gonna pollute a player's thread with your trolling and hyperbole all summer, you deserve to get called out.

Thats my last word on the matter.

• Like 1