Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook


FlashGordon401
 Share

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Sell High? Schedule only gets tougher and I think Defense's will stack the box more.

 

Everything has its price but I'm not worried in the slightest!  Jags next week are giving up the highest ypc.  Giants are terrible against the run.  He is a receiving threat as well as a rushing threat.  Love having this man on my team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McVay turned into McFisher today. He took Gurley out of this game way too much. I'm sure he will say something that he needs to get Gurley more opportunities after losing this week. Sell high if you want, but it better be a good deal.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

McVay turned into McFisher today. He took Gurley out of this game way too much. I'm sure he will say something that he needs to get Gurley more opportunities after losing this week. Sell high if you want, but it better be a good deal.  

This right here. His output did not worry me a bit......but his usage did. Saw way too much M Brown on third downs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Vegemite2 said:

Even if you wanted to sell high who would you trade him for? The RB position this year is all over the place with injuries, RBBCs etc. No way I'd trade Gurley.

 

I've been thinking about trying to sell him for Evans and DT.  Really depends if you need depth, if you don't then yeah, I give Gurley chance to be #1 non-qb ROS and an awesome stud to have.  There isn't a 1 for 1 trade I'd take for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

 

I've been thinking about trying to sell him for Evans and DT.  Really depends if you need depth, if you don't then yeah, I give Gurley chance to be #1 non-qb ROS and an awesome stud to have.  There isn't a 1 for 1 trade I'd take for him.

youd turn down hunt/zeke/bell for him? wow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CrastersCreep said:

youd turn down hunt/zeke/bell for him? wow

you'd be crazy to take zeke for him imo with the suspension looming and even with that aside I wouldn't consider him at the level of hunt/bell/gurley this year.  hunt I like his situation a lot better, he is always springing big runs.  before tonight I'd have given it more thought but he gave up some passing work and goaline play.  Overall though I think of Hunt, Bell, and Gurley in that competition for #1 but I have been cheering Gurley on to this point and he seems like a good character individual so I have no reason to sell and ride another horse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

youd turn down hunt/zeke/bell for him? wow

RB for RB those are probably the only ones that even will be consider. Zeke I don't think I will want to take the risk. Hunt and Bell 9 outta 10 owners will not want to trade. So you are pretty much "stuck" with Gurley.

 

Looking at it more I will consider Fournette also.

Edited by socra7es
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watch the game, the team turned the ball over 5 times against the seahawks . .you can't do that and expect a brilliant fantasy outing. Gurley is not a bust or a sell high. The entire offense failed even though the defense kept them in a position to win.

Losses like this are when the coaches  and players dig a little deeper and focus on excecuting  better to win the next game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

This right here. His output did not worry me a bit......but his usage did. Saw way too much M Brown on third downs

Likely saw a bunch of M Brown because of Gurley fumbling at the end zone. It pretty much ended up costing St. Louis the game, in the end. Don't read much into it. He will continue to maintain a heavy workload.

 

Every year Seattle-St. Louis has fluky games. I remember the stupid fake punt or whatever St. Louis did to beat Seattle a couple of years ago. For whatever reason, these games always turn into weird mixes of defense and special teams performing and the offenses doing nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Likely saw a bunch of M Brown because of Gurley fumbling at the end zone. It pretty much ended up costing St. Louis the game, in the end. Don't read much into it. He will continue to maintain a heavy workload.

 

Every year Seattle-St. Louis has fluky games. I remember the stupid fake punt or whatever St. Louis did to beat Seattle a couple of years ago. For whatever reason, these games always turn into weird mixes of defense and special teams performing and the offenses doing nothing.

He'll stop reaching that ball out with defenders around.

He's got a real shot to be RB1.  He should get it in standard (1200+ yards, 16+ tds), Bell might edge him out in ppr.  He's got by far the most TD potential of the big 4.  I think he'll have a big game again next week.

Edited by SadFaceHappy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...