NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

Thank you for a great season Todd Gurley! You are the man! Won me a Championship. 

Hey, thread is only appropriate ( actually would laugh when I read it every time) but can that guy come in here 1 last time and say it. Please? 

Who was the guy who said Something along the lnes of “ sell high on gurley, they say” and “ he’s got a bad schedule, they say”. 

Was funny and it it would be appropriate for wherever that guy is. 

Anyways, he is the man in that offense. His use catching passes was on full display this year. Mcvay made a difference. 

Edited by PackerBacker555

5 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Thank you for a great season Todd Gurley! You are the man! Won me a Championship. 

Hey, thread is only appropriate ( actually would laugh when I read it every time) but can that guy come in here 1 last time and say it. Please? 

Who was the guy who said Something along the lnes of “ sell high on gurley, they say” and “ he’s got a bad schedule, they say”. 

Was funny and it it would be appropriate for wherever that guy is. 

Anyways, he is the man in that offense. His use catching passes was on full display this year. Mcvay made a difference. 

I said that at one point lol

I think the signs were there though. You should all credit yourselves, it wasn't just luck. Dude was the first, 1st round RB taken in the NFL in like what? a decade? So he was obviously a freak of talent to completely change the popular opinion that RB's weren't actually worth a 1st round pick, which was the way for a long time. Which by the way, we now know, IS NOT TRUE. Also, that team had so many issues last season and if you watched even one game last year, you'd have seen (and I am not exaggerating) 8 man defensive line boxes geared up to stop him (meaning even the LB's were stepping up to focus on Gurley), almost the entire game. The signs were there for a big change this season...if Goff could develop at all and a new coach

Edited by MrPositive

All the analysts said you just had to sell him while his stock was high, that his schedule was too tough and he was due to regress.  Almost 40 pts in standard in back to back weeks in the semi's and finals says otherwise.  This guy won me my ship (almost - not over yet) and so glad I targeted him in the early 2nd round of the draft.  Congrats to all who stayed the course with him on this crazy run, I hope he won you all your championships. 

I want to thank all of the 'expert' fantasy bloggers and their followers who were telling owners to SELL GURLEY HIGH because after week 2 his ROS SCHEDULE IS TOO DIFFICULT and HE WONT WIN YOU'RE TEAM A TITLE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Predicting the outcome of a skills player vs defensive matchups in week 16 after the first 2 games of the season has to be the most irrational basis for analysis I have ever witnessed.

All of these dudes follow the same mindless formula and process of picking the top 12  guys from last season and never tell you to sell them high. 

Same dudes who babbled all preseason about Gurleys YPC numbers from last season never looking at his change in situation. Guess what experts player don't produce their stats in a vacuum. 

Thank you!

:P

4 minutes ago, fakespike said:

League winner, unless you played me! Phew.   1st overall guy in redraft next year?   

Absolutely.

I said Top 3 a couple of weeks ago. But he's my #1 pick next year.

Thank God for the 2nd round Value in Keepers this year. ?

8 minutes ago, fakespike said:

League winner, unless you played me! Phew.   1st overall guy in redraft next year?   

Made a good case for 1st overall...either way if you land a top 4 pick you're set next year with Gurley, Bell, Zeke, and DJ.  But no chance you're getting the value from him like you did this year in the early 2nd round. 

Edited by TheINC

46 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Is he playing next week? Or do the Rams have anything to play for?

I would say he plays for sure. 

They are currently #3 seed, but can’t get any better because of H2H losses. However, if they lose next week, they end at 11-5. 

Saints and panthers are both currently 11-4. 

If the panthers beat the falcons at 12p start, they end at 12-4

If the saints beat Tampa, they end 12-4

Rams play the niners at 3:30 next week. 

So I would say they need a win to secure the 3 seed. However, they will know the outcome of the earlier games by the 2nd quarter. If both the bucs and falcons win, they are locked into the 3 seed regardless because Atlanta would be only 10-6. Best seahawks can get is 10-6 too. 

Please correct if i am wrong on anything. 

Has there ever been a better two-game fantasy playoff performance like Gurley's before?  Not only has he been beasting all year, but he really showed up when it counted.  I bet he's on like  75%+ of fantasy champion squads. 

3 minutes ago, thejosef said:

Favored to win all b/c of this beast.  Even if I lose, this dude was just phenomenal to have on my squad.  Just wish I was in a keeper league.  And they all laughed when I drafted him in the top of the 2nd round.. =D

on draft day i went Gurley-Hyde-Hunt-Miller they all laughed as they drafted zeke,freeman,howard,julip,lesean,jordy,evans,demarco,ajg- obj, etc etc. Dude Gurley is your rb1? Dude did you do any draft homework? Did you see what he did LAST YEAR?

Yes. i did see what he did last year which is why he is my rb1 THIS YEAR!