NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

So are you trying to convince us that Tom Brady should be given the award after producing just 4 TD's and 5 INT's over his last 4 weeks?

It’s a season long award it’s not based on 1/2/3 etc games. You know that ... come on let go off your bias and think

The QB is the field general that makes things work for the team. Usually the award goes to a QB unless unless unless a RB has a remarkable year and honestly Todd had a good year not a remarkable year . 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

It’s a season long award it’s not based on 1/2/3 etc games. You know that ... come on let go off your bias and think

The QB is the field general that makes things work for the team. Usually the award goes to a QB unless unless unless a RB has a remarkable year and honestly Todd had a good year not a remarkable year . 

LOL, Patriots traded their best QB weeks ago.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Yeah but in this case the entire Rams offense runs through Gurley not Goff. What Gurley does opens up the entire offense because of his success catching rushing.  Take Gurley out of this offense and I can guarantee you that Goff couldnt win games. Give him another season under his belt and I think Goff will eventually take control but this year it's Gurleys offense.

You shutdown gurley and u shut down the rams offense and guess what only the seahawks were able to shutdown Gurley  early season.  Since then he has been matchup proof. Can you say that about Brady this season?  Come on guy they lost to Miami a couple of weeks back when they were trying to clinch the AFC title.

I will repeat

MIAMI!

Edited by dashoe

On 12/21/2017 at 11:18 PM, Greenpack said:

I don't know where you get this. The Titans have not allowed one single 100 yd rushed this year, home or away. At home they are especially tough against the run, as opposing rushers average about 50 ypg. They have faced elite rushers like Fournette and LVB on the road, who have done very little against the Titans D. Gurley is very good, but fans can really get irrational based on him running like he pleased against no Chancellor, No Sherman, and Bobby Wagner on one leg.. TEN is playing the season. I have a feeling the Rams will be in for a very tough game, which they will most likely lose. I am willing to go out on a limb and say that Gurley will not be the main reason his owners are going to win. I may be wrong, but there are some strong indications that he is in for a major correction from week 15. The Titans Run D is elite.

This guy is very quiet today!

Gurley > Brady for MVP.

When you have a RUNNING BACK in the same conversation as a perennial MVP... you gotta wonder why. Why are they considering an RB over Brady?

Because he was THAT good. Historic.

To the guy who said "He had a good season, not great...", I feel sorry for you.

5 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I will gladly take my medicine.  I was 100% wrong.  While I've always been a TG fan, I just saw a lot I didn't like in 2016.  Again, I cannot emphasize enough, I was totally and completely wrong.   It's not the first time, and I'm pretty certain, it won''t the last.  He's had an absolutely awesome season, and in my eyes, should be the league MVP.

32 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Gurley, DJ, and Bell are threereasons why I will not play FF for money in a PPR league. 

If you draft after the first three picks next year you are already in a big hole" 

That’s not true... Kamara or Zek  or even Barkley can end up being just as dominant. Also injuries happen in football. 

3 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Gurley > Brady for MVP.

When you have a RUNNING BACK in the same conversation as a perennial MVP... you gotta wonder why. Why are they considering an RB over Brady?

Feel sorry? Historic ? lol.  

Todd has only rushed for 1305 yards. That is not historic. That ranks him 207 place all-time. How the hell can you call that historic?

20 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Todd has only rushed for 1305 yards. That is not historic. That ranks him 207 place all-time. How the hell can you call that historic?

So based on your train of thought, I guess it doesnt matter that there is an outside chance that Gurley could finish with over 900 receiving yards and 6+ receiving TD's to go along with all of that game breaking talent.

But lets have some fun with your "rankings". Who is #2 on your list? How many receiving yards did he have? How many receiving TD's?

Edited by nonstopfan

19 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

He is 150 yards short of a top 20 season for rbs in yards from scrimmage going back forty years.  He's about 200 yards short of a top 10 season.   Depending on how he finishes up, this can easily be a historic season for him. 

4 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

So based on your train of thought, I guess it doesnt matter that there is an outside chance that Gurley could finish with over 900 receiving yards and 6+ receiving TD's to go along with all of that game breaking talent.

Looking at the all time all purpose yards Gurley 2017 season is still not historic... 

you guys want to think what Todd Gurley has done this season is historic then so be it?..... 

Gurley has been marvelous for fantasy ... no way can I debate any of you on that. 

10 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Looking at the all time all purpose yards Gurley 2017 season is still not historic... 

you guys want to think what Todd Gurley has done this season is historic then so be it?..... 

Gurley has been marvelous for fantasy ... no way can I debate any of you on that. 

Why does  his production this season have to be HISTORIC  in order for him to be the MVP over Brady?

Last I checked historic wasnt  mandatory criteria for MVP :D

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Why does  his production this season have to be HISTORIC  in order for him to be the MVP over Brady?

Last I checked historic wasnt  mandatory criteria for MVP :D

It doesn’t have to be historic. I think Tom Brady is the MVP. 

Ponzi was the first to write Gurley season was historic I played along with him. ... 

4 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Gurley > Brady for MVP.