NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

5 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Brady is the most overrated player in NFL history 

That team won games with Brisset and made the playoffs with 10+ wins with Cassel 

Brady being the 2017 MVP would be a joke - it should be Gurley, unanimously 

The patriots missed the playoffs the season cassel took over

2 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

In my big money league, the owner that has Gurley(also has Hopkins), finished 11th out of 12 teams. I’m still scratching my head at that one.

Wow how is that even possible was he just inactive with a lot of injuries? I'm in the finals in both leagues I own both. And in my 3rd league I might have the most inconsisten WR core and still made it on the heels of Gurley 

17 minutes ago, nbafan_123 said:

Wow how is that even possible was he just inactive with a lot of injuries? I'm in the finals in both leagues I own both. And in my 3rd league I might have the most inconsisten WR core and still made it on the heels of Gurley 

Definetly not inactive, big money league. Only injury was freeman for a few weeks. Mind boggling. Guarantee Gurley got more teams to the playoffs than not. What a bounce back year.

9 hours ago, mmacys1 said:

This guy is very quiet today!

I was out yesterday and could not comment. I made an assessment based on the running game and I own to it. Obviously Gurley is very talented and overcame those challenges - worth pointing out that what got it going was the passing game though. Nevertheless, a wonderful performance from Mr Gurley and obviously won many people a lot of championships this week. He also finished with over 100 rushing yards for the game as the only 100 YD rusher TEn d has allowed this year, which further evidence of great season. I have nothing for or against Gurley as I neither own nor faced this week, just an honest assessment of his assignment, which as predictions go, came up way short. Good luck to LAR in postseason and his owners this and next year.  

7 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

how quickly we forget that Alex Smith is the best overall statistical qb in the league. He really should be mvp this year, but there are 3 things holding him back from winning the award. He's alex smith, the chiefs at best will finish 10-6, and he plays for KC

3 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

They also went 11-5,  proving my actual point - I’m sure Brady’s magic pixie dust would’ve gotten them in 

That's 5 more losses with essentially the same supporting cast. Take 5 wins away from any playoff team this year and it's pretty likely they're not in the playoffs. I didn't think Brady deniers still existed after ring #5 but then again flat earthers still exist. Essentially the same company.

That being said I think Gurley should win MVP. But he probably won't because he isn't a QB on a top 3 team.

Edited by sSektor

11 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Brady is the most overrated player in NFL history 

That team won games with Brisset and made the playoffs with 10+ wins with Cassel 

Come on keep it real.  They didn’t go to the playoffs with Cassell. 

5 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Did anyone with Gurley not win their league? 

I didn't. If I made playoffs I easily would but I missed by one game.

I also had DJ, Cook, and a few others that I missed. That team was absolute god mode in the making. Kelce at TE Michael Thomas. Problem is Johnson and Cook make me have to juggle flex and RB2 all season with absolute bums. That and it wasn't my big money league so me not being as active on waivers probably bit me in the a** the most in the end.

13 hours ago, Chippa said:

how quickly we forget that Alex Smith is the best overall statistical qb in the league. He really should be mvp this year, but there are 3 things holding him back from winning the award. He's alex smith, the chiefs at best will finish 10-6, and he plays for KC

Smith was also extremely up and down. He was either miraculous or horrendous, which isn't good for winning a Super Bowl where you have to win consistently week after week. Gurley was a freak from day 1 against the Colts and never let up. He guided a team that was possibly the worst in the NFL last year to maybe a 1st round bye. He's the MVP period.

5 hours ago, Beerdown said:

Is Gurley top pick next year?  What about in a 2 QB/Superflex league? 

How is he not top pick is the better question. Bell could still be, but that depends on if Big Ben Returns and he stays in Pittsburgh of course. Brown might have been until the injury, wrecking many teams chances. So  yes, he's the top pick. In high 2-QB point leagues? Of course not, haha Still will be the QB freaks like Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, and Russel Wilson.

Edited by MrPositive

37 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Smith was also extremely up and down. He was either miraculous or horrendous, which isn't good for winning a Super Bowl where you have to win consistently week after week. Gurley was a freak from day 1 against the Colts and never let up. He guided a team that was possibly the worst in the NFL last year to maybe a 1st round bye. He's the MVP period.

Rams problem last year was that they had a bad o-line, with a coach and qb that were ill prepared. Rams defense was always a top 10 unit since Donald came along. 

The pick up of Andrew Whitworth from Cincy was HUGE. HE is a large reason why both Goff, AND Gurley have had so much success this season. A shutdown Left Tackle does wonders for a team.

I dont agree that gurley should be MVP. David Johnson had a better year last year than Gurley had in 2017, and he didnt win mvp because his QB was garbage last season, and they ended up missing the playoffs.

I really do think that if you take Smith away from KC, they're a team with a losing record. If you take Gurley away from LA, they still end up with a winning record, especially considering how bad the NFC west is. Call me crazy, but that's what  I think. 

Edited by Chippa

5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Rams problem last year was that they had a bad o-line, with a coach and qb that were ill prepared. Rams defense was always a top 10 unit since Donald came along. 

The pick up of Andrew Whitworth from Cincy was HUGE. HE is a large reason why both Goff, AND Gurley have had so much success this season. A shutdown Left Tackle does wonders for a team.

I dont agree that gurley should be MVP. David Johnson had a better year last year than Gurley had in 2017, and he didnt win mvp because his QB was garbage last season, and they ended up missing the playoffs.

I really do think that if you take Smith away from KC, they're a team with a losing record. If you take Gurley away from LA, they still end up with a winning record, especially considering how bad the NFC west is. Call me crazy, but that's what  I think. 

We're going to have to agree to disagree then. As you can see right above us in that graph, Gurley is going to blast past Johnson this coming week in fantasy points at least. And Palmer threw for over 4000 yards last year with double the TD's, so I don't see how he was 'garbage'. And Matt Ryan went berserk last season, there isn't that guy at QB this year. Wentz would have been....And I definitely don't think the Rams have a winning season without Gurely. He literally beat the Seahawks in Seattle without even needing the QB. lol