NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thumbs down    Mods, can we get unlike buttons yet? 

Thats pretty much what I figured. That they had some vendetta or score to settle. I'm all for players having critics and naysayers because that's what creates discussion around here. But if you're gon

Posted Images

On 12/27/2017 at 1:24 PM, Nyblazer11235 said:

You could just as easily pose that same argument with Brady, hoodie and Gronk

Without Gronk lost to Miami, looked terrible barely beating Tampa Bay and lost to KC when Berry locked down Gronk for the game 

Ummm... did Gronk play in the Super Bowl?

Anyway, back on track.  Gurley HAS to regress next season, right?  Meaning he'll get drafted as the 1st or 2nd back, but perform like the 5th-8th?

8 minutes ago, biggquis said:

Anyway, back on track.  Gurley HAS to regress next season, right?  Meaning he'll get drafted as the 1st or 2nd back, but perform like the 5th-8th?

anything could happen, could produce just as well, I think it depends on their defense and how well Goff keeps developing. The balance of the team helped him a lot this year (coaching of course helps).

21 minutes ago, biggquis said:

With McVay coaching, I doubt it?  Who knows I guess, but I have to imagine it will somewhat close to this year.

19 hours ago, biggquis said:

He doesn’t have to regress, but he probably will at least in the TD department. 

4 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

He doesn’t have to regress, but he probably will at least in the TD department. 

Agreed - I actually expect him to do better next year, leaving the TD variable aside.

On 12/29/2017 at 1:22 PM, biggquis said:

Many elements broke perfectly for Gurley.  Every year, someone has a magical season.  It was Gurley's turn.  It will likely be someone else's turn next season. 

That is not to say a talented all down RB on what promises to remain a good offense does not have significant value.  He should be highly valued next season.  Right now though, I definitely would take Bell and Zeke ahead of Gurley.

28 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Many elements broke perfectly for Gurley.  Every year, someone has a magical season.  It was Gurley's turn.  It will likely be someone else's turn next season. 

That is not to say a talented all down RB on what promises to remain a good offense does not have significant value.  He should be highly valued next season.  Right now though, I definitely would take Bell and Zeke ahead of Gurley.

I think it's a coin flip amongst the 3 however right now I prefer Gurley because this offense and defense are trending up and should remain that way going into next season. They have so many of the right pieces on both sides of the ball i just see them becoming more efficient next season particularly as Goff takes that leap to the next level of QB play. 

Bell has some contract and team risk in the sense we have no idea if  mgmt lets him walk or Big Ben returns . Say what you want about his road game performance  but if he leaves every player on that team gets downgraded.

Zeke is on a Dallas team I think is trending downwards overall. their passing game is terrible and their defense gets picked apart by good QB's. 

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think it's a coin flip amongst the 3 however right now I prefer Gurley because this offense and defense are trending up and should remain that way going into next season. They have so many of the right pieces on both sides of the ball i just see them becoming more efficient next season particularly as Goff takes that leap to the next level of QB play. 

Bell has some contract and team risk in the sense we have no idea if  mgmt lets him walk or Big Ben returns . Say what you want about his road game performance  but if he leaves every player on that team gets downgraded.

Zeke is on a Dallas team I think is trending downwards overall. their passing game is terrible and their defense gets picked apart by good QB's. 

It goes without saying that the rankings will get shuffled if negative off season changes are material enough to negatively affect the prospects of any of the top RBs.  That goes for Gurley too.  

The early pages of this thread are littered with my posts responding to a tital wave of negativity directed at Gurley.  I took alot of flak for arguing that Gurley was a prime rebound candidate.  By contrast, in the early pages of the 2018 Gurley Outlook thread, I bet I will be posting in favor of pumping the brakes on Gurley.  LA is the only team in the league that was fortunate enough to start the same O-line for all 16 games.  That won't happen next year.  That is just the first of several inevitable factors that will make a repeat of Gurley's 2017 unlikely IMO.

That said, lots folks will have to draft someone in the top 5, and Gurley may very well end up as worthy as anyone to serve that purpose.

6 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

It goes without saying that the rankings will get shuffled if negative off season changes are material enough to negatively affect the prospects of any of the top RBs.  That goes for Gurley too.  

The early pages of this thread are littered with my posts responding to a tital wave of negativity directed at Gurley.  I took alot of flak for arguing that Gurley was a prime rebound candidate.  By contrast, in the early pages of the 2018 Gurley Outlook thread, I bet I will be posting in favor of pumping the brakes on Gurley.  LA is the only team in the league that was fortunate enough to start the same O-line for all 16 games.  That won't happen next year.  That is just the first of several inevitable factors that will make a repeat of Gurley's 2017 unlikely IMO.

That said, lots folks will have to draft someone in the top 5, and Gurley may very well end up as worthy as anyone to serve that purpose.

Similar for me. Gurley was a huge steal candidate but next year he isn't a top 3 pick in my opinion. This year has been perfect and Cinderella like for the Rams.