Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 Vent & Rant Thread


JSA2422
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:

My league doesn’t have a first round bye and I just lost to the #8 (6-7) seed after putting up the most points in the league all season (10-3) 

That literally almost happened to me yesterday. Most points for by 150, and just squeaked by the 6-7 last seed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

My league doesn’t have a first round bye and I just lost to the #8 (6-7) seed after putting up the most points in the league all season (10-3) 

 

8 teams in the playoffs is unacceptable in any format, even 16 team leagues (which wouldn't even be fun).  I'm sorry, man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

 

That’s rough.  I’m sorry buddy I feel for you. I wish this guy pulled 2 TD’s out of his butt it just doesn’t look like it at all.

Thanks man. Between Howard and BELL I have a chance to win despite this scrap heap... mccown and Kamara combined to net me two zeros. ?

 

The fact I can say I have a chance at winning is basically a damn miracle. 

 

Kamara will play for me again, but frig mccown. I should know better by now than to ever rely on the jets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs to a team to a team that had Gronk and Peterson in their lineup because he had Bell/Keenan Allen and he got more points from Frank Gore and the TEN defense than I got from AJ Green, Lamar Miller, Cameron Brate, Robby Anderson and Dan Bailey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

We have some dumb rule in this league where a 40+ yard td gets an 8 point bonus. 8 whole points!

 

My opponent got two of them in the form of rod smith and dez with long tds. 16 point swing. 

 

Down by 10 with pats D with my opponent still having Julius Thomas. Need a Monday night miracle 

A 40 yarder?  Isnt an extra point these days like 35?  Thats dumb...

We got rid of kickers in my main league a few years ago, but when we had em, I loved the scoring system we used, which was decimal scoring and you got .1 per yard extra everything over 30 yards.  So if it was a 42 yarder you got 4.2 yards where a 35 yarder would be 3.5 a 55 was 5.5.  I thought it was pretty good way to do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

8 teams in the playoffs is unacceptable in any format, even 16 team leagues (which wouldn't even be fun).  I'm sorry, man.

8 teams?  That is just stupid.  Its one of those things where people who run fantasy leagues get confused somewhat by real life.  One of the reasons for Wild Cards and extra wild cards and such in real life is TV revenue and the more teams in wild card hunt, the more tickets you sell the more interest in your product for more teams.  This is Fantasy football, nobody is buying tickets to watch a fantasy game, the league isnt paying you more money to keep your teams interested.   

 

My favorite settings are:

6 teams, with top 2 getting a BYE.  

4 teams, 12-week regular season and the playoffs are 2-week totals.  So 4 v 1 and 3v2 combined total for week 13 and 14  then Championship is combined 15 and 16. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, parrothead said:

A 40 yarder?  Isnt an extra point these days like 35?  Thats dumb...

We got rid of kickers in my main league a few years ago, but when we had em, I loved the scoring system we used, which was decimal scoring and you got .1 per yard extra everything over 30 yards.  So if it was a 42 yarder you got 4.2 yards where a 35 yarder would be 3.5 a 55 was 5.5.  I thought it was pretty good way to do it. 

 

 

The bonus is for a td reception or run over 40 plus yards, not kicks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

We have some dumb rule in this league where a 40+ yard td gets an 8 point bonus. 8 whole points!

 

My opponent got two of them in the form of rod smith and dez with long tds. 16 point swing. 

 

Down by 10 with pats D with my opponent still having Julius Thomas. Need a Monday night miracle 

Gotcha, thought it was kicks....

 

We used to have a length of TD bonus too, but it made TD's just way too valuable and got rid of it.   So take the play your talking about, lets say its a 40 yard reception for a TD.  So TD 6 points, bonus 8 points, 40 yards of reception 4 points, catch 1 point.    That is a 19 point play, is that play really the equivalent of 190 yards rushing?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, parrothead said:

Gotcha, thought it was kicks....

 

We used to have a length of TD bonus too, but it made TD's just way too valuable and got rid of it.   So take the play your talking about, lets say its a 40 yard reception for a TD.  So TD 6 points, bonus 8 points, 40 yards of reception 4 points, catch 1 point.    That is a 19 point play, is that play really the equivalent of 190 yards rushing?

 

 

 

 

My thoughts exactly lol. My opponent got two of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This year has brought me awfully bad luck. In a huge money league: I lost David Johnson week 1, still won the week only for it to be overturned by a score correction 3 or 4 days later (by like a tenth of a point I lost), I drafted Kamara and waited patiently til he became a beast only for him to get a concussion when I needed him most, my kicker got a concussion on the opening kickoff and I lost a week by like 3 points, I had a 21 point lead facing Antonio Brown last night and got eliminated from the playoffs when he got just enough yards to beat me. If Kamara hadn't got hurt or I didn't play Alex Smith I'd still be in it despite losing in comic fashion at least 3 or 4 times throughout the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

My league doesn’t have a first round bye and I just lost to the #8 (6-7) seed after putting up the most points in the league all season (10-3) 

Happened to me before. Will never play in a league without a first round bye again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...