NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Vent & Rant Thread

Just now, helmholtz_watson said:

I’m still pissed about last week. 

I was up 120-119 against the team that had Gurley and then that Jesse James td was overturned. I end up losing the game 119-116. 

Here’s a few other things that went wrong for me:

1) what was a clear touchdown catch by Kareem Hunt was ruled incomplete 

2) Devantee Adams missed most of the second half with a concussion. 

3) Olsen picked that week to go Bananas against me 

4) 6 points from Julio and Funchess combined for me 

It's been a week bud, move on for your own good. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate my team rallying together and showing unity by screwing me over against the Gurley owner whose team is doing fantastic. 

From first place to my team doing f**k all when it mattered most. What an aggravating loss. 

I score my lowest points ever during the championship. Of course. 

Oh, and Happy Birthday to me. Thanks Fantasy Gods for the gift :lol:

What in the hell. Couldn't check my phone because was out of service. 

My two players in the afternoon combined for ZERO points. That's the #4 TE in fantasy and the #1 D. 

I never want to read ever again to "start your studs". Start the damn matchup. FML. 

14 team league $1000 for 1st and $200 for second. I run into what I thought last night was a typo or a joke, anyways Matty Ice, Cj Anderson, Jamal Williams, Dion Lewis at flex, Larry Fitz, Kelan Cole, Kelce, Lutz and Ravens D. After subpar performances by Williams and Ravens D I was loving my chances but it was not meant to be.

Respect to my opponent though David Johnson rnd 1, Matty Ice rnd 3, Davante Adams rnd 4 and Emmanuel Sanders round 5 and he still battled and won.

Just now, Yardage33 said:

Jax D is not getting credited with a blocked extra point on ESPN league. Need every point I can get.

It will definitely be adjusted.

I wish they could also adjust for the 2 points they scored off of it, but I don't think that will happen. I checked scoring from last season when the Chiefs picked off Matt Ryan's 2-point conversion attempt and ran it in for 2 points. They didn't get credit for that in ESPN league.

I could never get my WR position fixed once I lost OBJ. Two of my promising replacements lost their QB (Fuller and Anderson). The receivers I played in championship both put up duds (Gordon and Goodwin). 

4 minutes ago, nb009 said:

It will definitely be adjusted.

I wish they could also adjust for the 2 points they scored off of it, but I don't think that will happen. I checked scoring from last season when the Chiefs picked off Matt Ryan's 2-point conversion attempt and ran it in for 2 points. They didn't get credit for that in ESPN league.

Our league awards 2 pts for a blocked PAT and 2 pts for a returned 2 Point Conversion so I’m looking for 4 points on that play. Currently getting credited with zero.

Hi guys. I'm back.

I have to post an update. When I last left here and vowed to quit for good, Markus Wheaton had just beat me with the last catch of MNF.

I was 1-4 and I was done with it. The week after was even worse as I lose 180-140 and dropped to 1-5.

But then a young rookie by the name Alvin Kamara stepped up to the plate and he along with Todd Gurley put me on a 7-game winning streak to get into the playoffs at 8-5. This includes scoring a record 234 points in Week 12 against the best team in the league (who scored almost 160).

It's funny because I stopped caring and simultaneously started having fun because my team was hot.

So in Week 1 of the playoffs, what happened?

EaXd0XT.png

I lost by under 9. I had Kamara get hurt right away on TNF, Ertz was hurt and I grabbed Burton but chose to play Olsen who was held out the week before so he would be fine. Olsen gets hurt and gets a donut while Burton put up 2 TD. That was all before Russell Wilson threw 2 hail marys at the end of the Jacksonville game. Then on SNF, I was down 27 with Ben vs his Boswell. Of course Ben threw for over 500 yards but Boswell had a ton of FGs.

Fast forward to the next 2 weeks and if I had won this game above...I would be the champion for the first time in my life.

It was almost like the fantasy gods wanted to rub it in. I scored over 200 last week and Tod Gurley combined for almost 100 pts. over the last 2 weeks.

Damnit.

But almost like if there was a sacrifice, "Luckbox" is actually going to lose the Toilet Bowl.

As long as the Eagles D doesn't get 21 pts. tomorrow night.

If that happens then wow there is no hope.

Edited by JP1119
1 hour ago, Yardage33 said:

Our league awards 2 pts for a blocked PAT and 2 pts for a returned 2 Point Conversion so I’m looking for 4 points on that play. Currently getting credited with zero.

Are you on ESPN? I really really need this stat correction. 

3 hours ago, sott3 said:

I could never get my WR position fixed once I lost OBJ. Two of my promising replacements lost their QB (Fuller and Anderson). The receivers I played in championship both put up duds (Gordon and Goodwin). 

With you on that.  Cooks, Diggs and Tate had a ton of letdown games for me.

1 hour ago, Yardage33 said:

Yes ESPN. The 2 pt conversion return has been credited, but nothing for the blocked kick yet.

Check your settings. I believe most standard leagues (including mine) have +2 points for a blocked PAT. For whatever reason, ESPN is currently not crediting Jaguars DST with a blocked PAT. I'm 100% certain this will be adjusted by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. The good thing is you got +2 points for the conversion return. I checked my league settings and we never turned this on post the new rule a couple years ago. :angry::angry:

3 hours ago, Yardage33 said:

Check your scoring settings. Per my note above, it is likely you receive +2 points for the blocked PAT. I think your commissioner would have had to manually change settings to add +2 points for conversion return at some point after the rule change.