NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Vent & Rant Thread

12-team keeper league, 0-3 record with this roster...

Derek Carr / Andrew Luck

LeVeon Bell / Melvin Gordon / Tevin Coleman / Marlon Mack / Matt Breida / James Conner

Antonio Brown / Odell Beckham Jr. / T.Y. Hilton / Devante Adams / Jeremy Maclin / J.J. Nelson

Evan Engram / Tyler Eifert

Broncos D/ST

(no kickers)

HOW??????

hqdefault-1.jpg.e9b735e910ba2b800b4581c63e219abc.jpg

Edited by hellagoode
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream last night that Terrance Williams would get me 14 points this week and lead me to the promise land. Turned out to be nothing but a false prophecy in a valley filed with lies.

To Quote Morpheus:  “I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me.”

crying-indian-o.gif

Edited by metalmat
Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Lost by 8. Lost to 2nd highest points, when I was 3rd.

Lost because his kicker outscored mine by 8 points. And Henry had 0.

SCREW KICKERS SCREW TIGHT ENDS SCREW DEFENSES SCREW ALL THIS VARIABLE GARBAGE @#$@$^%#$

I won money every year for a decade ... won 4 leagues in a year once ...

i just lost to a girl who doesn't know a waiver add and trade are different things 

Next up: Woman who just gave birth and had injured Cobb / Reed in her lineup still - no doubt they go off this week. No doubt.

6 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Looks like it's time to employ the "play opponents lineup in DraftKings" strategy 

ya know, because everyone just goes off on me 

I hear ya. Played Russell Wilson and Fitz this week in one league. 

Lol I learned years back it's nothing but an adult version of Guess Who. It's all there is to it... Having a little knowledge is fine but fantasy is about the biggest game of luck chance you name it, that there is. A toddler can set a lineup and have a chance to win each week 

Up 22 going up against his Fitz tonight. I knew it was gonna be over after that first quarter. Shame on me for thinking I had a chance.

I bet I am the only 0-3 team with Kareem Hunt.....and I got him in the 11th round the day before the Ware injury happened. 

35 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I won money every year for a decade ... won 4 leagues in a year once ...

i just lost to a girl who doesn't know a waiver add and trade are different things 

Next up: Woman who just gave birth and had injured Cobb / Reed in her lineup still - no doubt they go off this week. No doubt.

The way you explain your league(s) i'm not shocked you win money every year...

Wanted to start Chris Carson over Jacquizz Rodgers all week and had I did, it wouldve given me +10.7

Talked and listened to some here about how Minn with Keenum at QB, game flow should favor the Bucs...

LOVED the false hope Arizona DST gave me tonight before half time (up 17 at one point) till Dak did his Cam impression, plunging into the endzone. Was fun watching my points drop every few minutes during each Cowboy possession.

Lost by 4.62...

Special thanks to Miami's "offensive" showing...Parkey with the big fat donut.

Additional thanks to Kendall Wright with another big fat donut.

Edited by Gryfter
2 hours ago, hellagoode said:

12-team keeper league, 0-3 record with this roster...

Derek Carr / Andrew Luck

LeVeon Bell / Melvin Gordon / Tevin Coleman / Marlon Mack / Matt Breida / James Conner

Antonio Brown / Odell Beckham Jr. / T.Y. Hilton / Devante Adams / Jeremy Maclin / J.J. Nelson

Evan Engram / Tyler Eifert

Broncos D/ST

(no kickers)

HOW??????

Damn that team being 0-3 shows fantasy is all luck.

44 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Damn that team being 0-3 shows fantasy is all luck.

Most of which is self made. The most proactive waiver wire and knowledgeable owners win sig more than they lose. Need some breaks along the way, but generally cream will rise to the top

4 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Lol I learned years back it's nothing but an adult version of Guess Who. It's all there is to it... Having a little knowledge is fine but fantasy is about the biggest game of luck chance you name it, that there is. A toddler can set a lineup and have a chance to win each week 

Once you accept this, it takes the frustration out of fantasy. I mean come on, your really going to get all pissed off on a game that centers around luck and chance?

17 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Get lobbying to change your league to FAAB. It's the only way to fly.

We dont do FAAB, but the ww order starts in reversed draft order, 12-1. But it doesnt reset every week based on standings. If you use your waiver priority, you go to the end of the line.

Don't know if cool story or for this tread so I post in both :

MAson Crosby, my opponent kicker, outscore my Kelce, Ajayi, Carr and Ravens defense.

Going 1-2 with a team that I was thinking was pretty good. I love fantasy football still.

Over the last two weeks I've lost by a combined 4 points. 

I'm 0-3. If things go ever so slightly different, I'm 2-1. Now, my season is probably over. I won "best draft" too.

Do you know how hard it is to sleep at night, laying there, scrutinizing every play to get those extra 2 points?! 

It really comes down to Tarik Cohen. In week 2, he fielded a bouncing, hopping punt surrounded by the other team... AND FUMBLES. Last week, DID HE STEP OUT OF BOUNDS?! 

Also, Terrell Pryor has been booty. So, yeah. It's his fault.

Just now, omnom1337 said:

Would like to hear an update on this

After having to hear my opponent gloat all day about his assured victory (he has zero wins and I'm 1st place so far), Larry came through and got me the win!!! So so sweet. I then trolled the s--- outta the guy for counting his chickens before they hatched.