NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kareem gets cultured for TDs, engrams pulling a zero in spite of them losing nearly all skill players ?!!?!!?! Unreal...I think the Beer guy actually came in and got some PPR points... Engram..zero

Edited by jiamm14
11 minutes ago, wolverine_irl said:

I'll never forgive myself for not picking up Desean Watson off waivers 3 weeks ago.

Dude is unreal.

Hard to try and pick up when you've got someone like Brady, Brees, or Rodgers..

I was up over 20 points after Hill return that TD. I think there was 8 minutes left and my opponent had Watson throw 2 more TDs as my defense dwindled away. Now I'm down over 10 points and he still has his kicker left. I wish I could post my text messages here, but I would instantly get banned from the entire internet. My team will be 3-2 now with my worst bye week done, but right this moment I don't even want to log in and set my lineup for next week....smh

14 minutes ago, jiamm14 said:

engrams pulling a zero in spite of them losing nearly all skill players ?!!?!!?! Unreal...

I went on a hike Thursday and missed the Gronk injury news, and left him in the lineup. I was so pissed, since I had Engram on the bench.

welp... turns out it didn't matter either way!  

51GCnpIbO L._SX342_.jpg

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

I was up 54 points at halftime of the Chiefs/Texans game. Opponent had Watson/Hopkins and Diggs tomorrow. Thought I had it in the bag. Over 50 garbage points in the 2nd half, & I'm down 8. No players left.

About to be 1-5. :angry:?

What I'm finding is fantasy is starting to make me not even care about the actual game of football in terms of just enjoying the sport, I sit and stare at numbers and I mean maybe after 15 to 17 years of it I finally am hitting a point where I just need a break, not sure.

The older years felt more predictable, i dont know.. And I am doing decent in my leagues overall but I remember just living for my steelers games and now it all seems so pedestrian as I'm so concerned about other players numbers. Just one of those moments I guess I'm having. I love to draft and that is the best part seeing your teams on paper.. It's the whole playing part where I'm losing some steam lol

12 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

What I'm finding is fantasy is starting to make me not even care about the actual game of football in terms of just enjoying the sport, I sit and stare at numbers and I mean maybe after 15 to 17 years of it I finally am hitting a point where I just need a break, not sure.

The older years felt more predictable, i dont know.. And I am doing decent in my leagues overall but I remember just living for my steelers games and now it all seems so pedestrian as I'm so concerned about other players numbers. Just one of those moments I guess I'm having. I love to draft and that is the best part seeing your teams on paper.. It's the whole playing part where I'm losing some steam lol

I actually stopped watching redzone and would just focus on 1-2 games for this very reason.  

2 minutes ago, Lakers_Fan2 said:

I actually stopped watching redzone and would just focus on 1-2 games for this very reason.  

Yea I haven't been glued to rz like I was, just tryin to enjoy games at a time really.. But it's sad because I used to play fantasy and love my steelers games more than anything but fantasy was sort of 2nd, now it's other way around and I'm finding that I dont like the feeling 

8 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Yea I haven't been glued to rz like I was, just tryin to enjoy games at a time really.. But it's sad because I used to play fantasy and love my steelers games more than anything but fantasy was sort of 2nd, now it's other way around and I'm finding that I dont like the feeling 

Maybe it's because that Steelers/Jags game made you think this could be the end.

Big Ben throwing 5 picks 0 TD's and saying what he said after the game.

In your mind you always had a great team to fall back on in real football - even if your fantasy team wasn't doing well you could always count on the Steelers being relevant.

If you don't have them all you are left with are these stupid numbers.

Just now, wolverine_irl said:

Maybe it's because that Steelers/Jags game made you think this could be the end.

Big Ben throwing 5 picks 0 TD's and saying what he said after the game.

In your mind you always had a great team to fall back on in real football - even if your fantasy team wasn't doing well you could always count on the Steelers being relevant.

If you don't have them all you are left with are these stupid numbers.

Well I think we will bounce back, but yea I'm sort of bummed how Ben has been lately in general, but that jags D is pretty stout so I give them lots of credit.

I am bummed tho because we might not get another Ben for awhile. That pens loss the other night didn't help either, I miss fleury already. 

Evan Engram and Devante Parker both got me 0 points. Brady was very subpar and got me 12. Also Jay Ajayi fumbled and got me 4. Yet I was still up by 20 with his Hopkins, Butker, Kelce, and Murray vs my Houston, Hill, and Howard. Chiefs defense proceeds to let Hopkins score 3 times and Butker decides to go on a kicking spree.

I'm gonna need Howard to have the game of his life while Murray getting bottled up ugh. 

59 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Its ok bro, your team sucks just like some of ours, so you try to heal your wounds with wins from steelers and they aren't winning anymore, Big Ben wants to retire.... I mean yeah....

Have yet to score under 90 points in any match this year (standard scoring) in my 14 team league

Also am the highest scoring team in the league through 5 weeks, awesome

Yet my record is about to be 2-3........................WTF

this week is the newest installment of what can go wrong now?!?!

on this episode the jaguars D decides to go off since thats so much fun

Also the texans decide extra points are for pansies so their kicker got a measly 2 points

Oh lets not forget that a Conley random crazy achilles explosion on what wouldve been a WINNING TD for me on that onside kick was the cherry on top 

all this with me losing dalvin cook this year as well so im just loving life RN!

Going into this season, I've lost the desire to play fantasy football. Dropped down to only 1 league to see if that would help.

Nope. 

In my 14 team league, I'm stuck with this 1-4 roster and cracked 80 points once.

QB - Big Ben, Carson Palmer

RB - DeMarco, Mark Ingram, Derrick Henry, Wayne Gallman

WR - Mike Evans (only decent position player I have), Martavis Bryant, Will Fuller (Just picked him up last week.), Marqise Lee.

TE - Delanie Walker

The best player on my team is Stephen Gostkowski.

Edited by Steve226
8 hours ago, Dharv said:

I was up 54 points at halftime of the Chiefs/Texans game. Opponent had Watson/Hopkins and Diggs tomorrow. Thought I had it in the bag. Over 50 garbage points in the 2nd half, & I'm down 8. No players left.

About to be 1-5. :angry:?

Dude, if I was about to be 1-5 after five weeks I'd be venting too.

I'm HOPING I'm not here later tonight but considering I'm 0-3 already this season when needing to come ahead on a monday night I wouldnt be surprised at all. I hope Deshaun Watson's miracle performance wasn't for nothing. 

I'm now tied with my opponent and its my cohen and howard vs his kyle rudolph