NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2017 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

so your telling me roberts woods and whoever the no.2 WR last year was because i cant even name him is >>>> zay jones and jordan mathews to the point shady's production will be negatively affected?

that sir, is asinine and just crazy frankly

yeah I'm telling you a vertical threat wr  who can keep defenses honest does affect the running game but aside from the slicing and dicing i'm telling you a team in dismantling mode and playiing to lose has a bigger negative impact than a team that's playing to win.The message is loud and clear, the Bills players are going to play 16 games with no expectation to win or make playoffs. They are expected to simply show up as far as mgmgt cares.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dashoe said:

yeah I'm telling you a vertical threat wr  who can keep defenses honest does affect the running game but aside from the slicing and dicing i'm telling you a team in dismantling mode and playiing to lose has a bigger negative impact than a team that's playing to win.The message is loud and clear, the Bills players are going to play 16 games with no expectation to win or make playoffs. They are expected to simply show up as far as mgmgt cares.

*facepalm*

4 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

Except the Bills aren't tanking.  You're thinking about the wrong NY team.

Looks like it to me but i could be wrong.  I see them setting up their QB to fail and not return next season

7 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

Except the Bills aren't tanking.  You're thinking about the wrong NY team.

The Bills ARE tanking.  You're thinking about the Giants -- the only NY team who is not tanking right now.  Same colors as the Bills, I understand how it could get confusing.

Edited by Lord_Varys

Shady is still the rb1 on a team that will run the ball and he will see more volume than most other starting NFL rbs. I just think when you make a choice on ur draft pick you need to do so with all the pros and cons. 

Shady is still a 1st rd pick but his risk increases on a team that is trying to fail for the season

19 minutes ago, mwalshy94 said:

I have the 6th pick in my draft today and I was gonna take Shady.  Now IDK cause you're all scaring me away haha

hes the 3rd RB off the board no question unless zeke gets suspension lifted obv.

dont let these xanex needing people scare you off, barring injury shady is a top 5 RB no matter what

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Shady is still the rb1 on a team that will run the ball and he will see more volume than most other starting NFL rbs. I just think when you make a choice on ur draft pick you need to do so with all the pros and cons. 

Shady is still a 1st rd pick but his risk increases on a team that is trying to fail for the season

Shady is the undisputed #1 weapon on the team and making a case for the HOF.   The whole "tanking" is entirely overblown.   This isn't the NBA where there are hundreds of games and only your best 2-3 players matter.   In the NFL, every game you have to put your best effort on tape- that goes for the qb, linemen, down to the kickers.  You slack off and you are out of a job with no guaranteed money.     Shadys only risk is injury- and he's only missed 11 games in 8 seasons.     At #5 overall he's a no brainer imo.   Wr2 and rb1 EVERY WEEK.  Think about that for a minute.  

Edited by Impreza178
22 minutes ago, mwalshy94 said:

I have the 6th pick in my draft today and I was gonna take Shady.  Now IDK cause you're all scaring me away haha

Being in the middle of the pack this year is really rough. If you're 1-4, you get Bell, DJ, Brown, or Julio. If you're 8-12, you can get yourself a nice A- WR (Evans, AJ Green, Michael Thomas) and then turn around and get a solid RB1 a few picks later (or Gronk).

But if you're 5-7? You're looking at a gimpy OBJ, Shady, or Jordy. While I actually like Jordy most of those three, I ended up taking Shady with my 7th pick. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, especially considering I had to take the plunge with Zeke in round 2.

2 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

Being in the middle of the pack this year is really rough. If you're 1-4, you get Bell, DJ, Brown, or Julio. If you're 8-12, you can get yourself a nice A- WR (Evans, AJ Green, Michael Thomas) and then turn around and get a solid RB1 a few picks later (or Gronk).

But if you're 5-7? You're looking at a gimpy OBJ, Shady, or Jordy. While I actually like Jordy most of those three, I ended up taking Shady with my 7th pick. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, especially considering I had to take the plunge with Zeke in round 2.

2 top 4 rbs to start the draft....rejoice!! 

1 minute ago, omnom1337 said:

Zeke in the 2nd round is a safe pick. I did it, and I don't feel like I took a plunge.

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Shady is the undisputed #1 weapon on the team and making a case for the HOF.   The whole "tanking" is entirely overblown.   This isn't the NBA where there are hundreds of games and only your best 2-3 players matter.   In the NFL, every game you have to put your best effort on tape- that goes for the qb, linemen, down to the kickers.  You slack off and you are out of a job with no guaranteed money.     Shadys only risk is injury- and he's only missed 11 games in 8 seasons.     At #5 overall he's a no brainer imo.   Wr2 and rb1 EVERY WEEK.  Think about that for a minute.  

I can't believe people think the Bills are tanking.  There has been no clear indication of that whatsoever.

100% agree with this assessment, shady's only concern is injury.

4 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

I can't believe people think the Bills are tanking.  There has been no clear indication of that whatsoever.

100% agree with this assessment, shady's only concern is injury.

Even if they ARE tanking- which like u said is unproven-  that's an organizational decision NOT a player mindset.    These guys aren't gonna tank their own value as players just to serve some front office goal.   There's a basic misunderstanding amongst some here of what drives players to perform well. 

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Even if they ARE tanking- which like u said is unproven-  that's an organizational decision NOT a player mindset.    These guys aren't gonna tank their own value as players just to serve some front office goal.   There's a basic misunderstanding amongst some here of what drives players to perform well. 

i agree no player wants people to think they stink. lol

27 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

I absolutely hated the #5 spot this year. Took McCoy and it seemed every player I wanted went just before me or I had to reach for a player I wanted. 

24 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

This.  Didn't even think about it that way but makes absolute sense.

I feel much more comfortable taking Shady at picks 5-7 than I do taking an elite WR and taking a chance on most of the top RBs being gone by the time I pick again in the 2nd or 3rd round. Shady is a guy, like others have said, is out to prove he is a HOF'er and is a competitor. The players on this team are not going to give up in any way just because the organization traded away some of their players, especially when one of those players (Sammy Watkins) always seemed to be dealing with injuries. I don't see that as tanking, I see that as the team trying to put themselves in a position to build for the future as well as still remaining competitive by getting Matthews. 

41 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

I don't know why people feel they have to take certain players at certain spots because of ADP which is basically an acronym for what other people are doing.

I would take AJ before anyone not in that top 4. I'd also take Freeman or Gordon over McCoy. 

So who cares who you're 'supposed' to pick at 5-7. Take who you want.

It only gets silly when people way over reach for players they could have easily waited 2-3 more rounds and gotten.

24 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I completely disagree.

Winning is what drives players, winning on a personal level and on a team level. When the organization signals that winning is not the priority that filters down to the playing field. So very simply put if you are not playing for your next contract on a team that does not prioritize winning and you know your market value is high, that nagging groin injury that will keep you out for 1game if you push yourself to return or 3 games to heal properly all of a sudden 2 games is your goal.  That concussion u just sustained and lied to the team doctor about in order to get put back into the game, guess what ur not pushing to get back into the game. You dont lay yourself out to catch a bad pass knowing u will get lit up by the defense to make a meaningless 1st down. You dont push yourself to limits and take chances with your health. Thats the difference when you are not playing to win for a team that doesnt care if you win.

So organizational mindsets do affect player mindsets and performance, some moreso than others. it's proven daily in the NFL wining teams operate swith standards and goals, losing teams usually turn into chaos and breed mediocrity.

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Supporting cast is worse than last season, Tyrod is a vertical passer and zay+jordan are not vertical threats, neither of them stretch the field. So Tyrod now has fewer weapons tat match his strengths and just finished a concussion protocol.  None of this is good for shady to perform at optimal production.  Shady is of course the focal point of the offense and he will have a massive workload however there is a difference between having a workload  where you shovel wet cement vs dry cement.  His workload is looking like wet cement.

who was the vertical threat last season?  Maybe there was one but people act like sammy Watkins being gone is somehow different than last year....when he was gone.