NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, FreakFries said:

All due respect, NOT having Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods is not "THE SAME OFFENSE."

Second, no one is saying Shady is going to be a bust, I am just looking for some reasons to draft him over other first round options like M Gordon, D Freeman, J Nelson etc.

23-16-15-32-injured-injured-bye week-10-11 are shadys points in weeks without watkins and the 10 point game gileslee AND tyrod rushed for 1 yd and 3 yd TD's guess who is gone? GILESLEE

so yea losing sammy is irrelevant and really robert woods? big loss there so yes same offense besides the coordinator who impreza pointed out is different

and as shown the 2 injured games are his ONLY red flag which is a red flag with EVERY RB

and you take shady over melvin freeman jordy for the fairly obvious reasons, melvin one year of doing it how many busts have we seen?

WR-RB in first round cant compare you either going one way or the other

freeman has coleman there and offense could regress after the crazy year they had or could regress but be more efficient with new coaches we will see on that freeman is the closest RB to shady however 100% besides spd elliot

shady on pure workload and talent needs to be taken over jordy freeman and melvin no question if you have to dig any deeper and make some of these concerns ive seen up step away and wait for the draft because youve analyzed everything relevant lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Knicks2689 said:

Sammy Watkins was injured all of last year.. Shady 5.4 YPC

and Robert Woods? :lol:  Freeman and Shady are debatable. You're over thinking McCoy

Watkins played 9 games last year. That's 9 games where, at minimum, the D had to account for him. Who does the D have to account for now? Laugh all you want about Robert Woods but I'll take a healthy Woods over an injured perennial-disappointment Jordan Mathews.

Also consider that Week 1 is days away and Tyrod Taylor - a running QB - is still in concussion protocol. What happens when he gets his bell rung and misses 5 games?

As Dashoe pointed out, there are schematic changes as well.

I do think Shady will be an RB1. I would just like to hear why I should draft him over other options in round 1 which have, what seems to me to be, less risk and more redzone potential.

Yea it's fine to bring up new coaching etc... But please, leave Watkins out of any arguments... Shady did his work without Watkins and to act as if Watkins had something to do with shadys performance couldnt be any more wrong 

Edited by Savatage79
6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm not sure why you keep repeating this when it is factually false. new coach, new offensive scheme(west coast) and  new personnel in some key skills positions. For example the passing game will be more West coast which means tyrod has to be a better decision maker with regards to his reads; you will probably see the runnign game use more zone blocking. I speculate u will see Shady catching more passes  than he did last year which makes him a better ppr player than other rb's with his volume

It's not the same offense as you keep stating.

the offense is built around shady, the linemen will not forget how to block like they did last year regardless of scheme, "West Coast" with tyrod at QB yea......no theyre gonna run it a ton with a bunch of drop off passes as you said which helps his case even more so

and lastly yea the skill positions are different in that the no.1 WR will actually be on the field more than half of the games so thanks for pointing out yet another upgrade for shadys prospects  

5 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

the offense is built around shady, the linemen will not forget how to block like they did last year regardless of scheme, "West Coast" with tyrod at QB yea......no theyre gonna run it a ton with a bunch of drop off passes as you said which helps his case even more so

and lastly yea the skill positions are different in that the no.1 WR will actually be on the field more than half of the games so thanks for pointing out yet another upgrade for shadys prospects  

You are very welcome! No need to take fantasy choices personally; i can downgrade a player today and in 3 weeks be willing to trade for him. What I care about is looking at all pros and cons for a player. One of my leagues we actively trade players so I tend to not fall in love with picks, I just assign a buy, sell or hold to them and i never end up at seasons end with the team I draft even my #1 stud will trade for the right price.

Edited by dashoe
1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

The hesitation I have with Shady is TDs. I don't think the Bills are going to score many of them. If they don't and Shady ends up with, say, 8 then how much different is that really thanK Howard? 

Plus, for my #1 pick I want a guy who can blow up and win my matchup any given week. Shady doesn't feel like that type of player on suck a lousy offense.

I would bet on more tds this season for shady. He got vultured so many times last season.  If he hadn't people would be looking at him as number four pick off the board real easy.

Just now, dashoe said:

You are very welcome! No need to take fantasy choices personally; i can downgrade a player today and in 3 weeks be willing to trade for him. What I care about is looking at all pros and cons for a player. One of my leagues we actively trade players so I tend to not fall in love with picks, I just assign a buy, sell or hold to them. 

i never do i just am animated like that

I just dont understand the nitpicking with shady over things like losing an injured watkins which shady did fine when he was out, or coach/scheme change when regardless he is going to get fed like crazy as the only guy they have

maybe on the tyrod injury front that i recently saw brought up is a semi valid concern depending how the rookie peterman looks but other then that injuries is the only other valid concern

if you need to dig into scheme, coach, watkins excuses to convince yourself to take melvin gordon after 1 year of doing it that owner needs to step back and realize to stop digging lol freeman is the only RB i could understand trying to defend taking over him but even then id go shady 100% no question

he was a stud last year + lost his TD vulture TWICE with the williams cut and gileslee gone + more short passes = SAFE PICK IN FIRST ROUND

if healthy of course but guys dont take melvin gordon or any non super stud WR over him, just my recommendation so take it as you will 

16 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

23-16-15-32-injured-injured-bye week-10-11 are shadys points in weeks without watkins and the 10 point game gileslee AND tyrod rushed for 1 yd and 3 yd TD's guess who is gone? GILESLEE

so yea losing sammy is irrelevant and really robert woods? big loss there so yes same offense besides the coordinator who impreza pointed out is different

and as shown the 2 injured games are his ONLY red flag which is a red flag with EVERY RB

and you take shady over melvin freeman jordy for the fairly obvious reasons, melvin one year of doing it how many busts have we seen?

WR-RB in first round cant compare you either going one way or the other

freeman has coleman there and offense could regress after the crazy year they had or could regress but be more efficient with new coaches we will see on that freeman is the closest RB to shady however 100% besides spd elliot

shady on pure workload and talent needs to be taken over jordy freeman and melvin no question if you have to dig any deeper and make some of these concerns ive seen up step away and wait for the draft because youve analyzed everything relevant lol

Thank you for the analysis. 

Agree in the M Gordon one-hit wonder. That does worry me. 

As far as Colman goes, I heard a stay on the last CBS podcast I believe that of ALL players, including QBs, that had the same number of touches or less thanT Coleman with the TD to touches ratio he had, only 11 players were able to match their TD total the following season since 1987. D Freeman also gets almost all the red zone looks. Their schedule is easier than most and I'm far less worried about the Falcons offense and scoring opportunities than the Ills. 

Want to make especially sure I get my #1 right this year given what a s--- show the later RBs and rounds are. 

Appreciate the analysis rather than the hyperbole and hysterics.

Yes, should have qualified: I play in standard leagues.

The lack of TDs in standard is a major concern for me when it comes to making McCoy my #1 pick. In standard, I don't see a huge difference between Shady and J Howard and most of all I want a #1 pick that has the potential to blow up and win my matchup any given week. Don't see that with Shady in standard. I HATE M Gordon, but I am seriously leaning towards taking him over Shady because the guy is a red zone target machine on an offense that can move the ball. Even if I miss on MG and am left with McCoy, not sure I wouldn't take, say, J Nelson over him because he seems to have more blow up potential>

Wait let me (us) get this straight here. You HATE Gordon (in caps) but will still draft him over SHADY?

Thanks to those above for the analysis posts. This is what I needed. I think I'm in on Shady. 

Welcome to the TEAM!!!  

Now don't hate us later if things don't turn out right but Shady is ELITE, the ENGINE of the offense.  Less vultures and very few to match his volume or track record.  

Gurley, Howard, Gordon, Ajayi can't compete with his statistical production.  

Another thing to keep in mind is his ceiling. What other RB has the potential to match DJ, Bell, and Zeke on a per game basis? I can't see Freeman, Gordon, Howard, Ajayi, or Murray doing it. McCoy when healthy was on par with Zeke in per game scrimmage yards last year--and this year McCoy likely will get more touches.

6 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Welcome to the TEAM!!!  

Now don't hate us later if things don't turn out right but Shady is ELITE, the ENGINE of the offense.  Less vultures and very few to match his volume or track record.  

Gurley, Howard, Gordon, Ajayi can't compete with his statistical production.  

Well, I wasn't given the chance to draft Shady or M Gordon. They were gone and I got Zeke instead. So, ironically, after all my discussion about safety, I went with a big gamble. We'll see. Thank you for the advice!

LeSean McCoy - RB - Bills

Asked about LeSean McCoy's workload, coach Sean McDermott said the offense will feed McCoy "whatever it takes to win."

"If he has to play every snap, and he feels good, that's what we'll do," McDermott continued. Ace beat writer Joe Buscaglia came away from Wednesday morning's presser convinced "will get a big workload" against the Jets in Week 1. It further confirms the belief that the Bills will run McCoy as hard as they possibly can in his age-29 season. He's a high-end RB1 with big volume upside.
2 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Asked about LeSean McCoy's workload, coach Sean McDermott said the offense will feed McCoy "whatever it takes to win."

"If he has to play every snap, and he feels good, that's what we'll do," McDermott continued. Ace beat writer Joe Buscaglia came away from Wednesday morning's presser convinced "will get a big workload" against the Jets in Week 1. It further confirms the belief that the Bills will run McCoy as hard as they possibly can in his age-29 season. He's a high-end RB1 with big volume upside.

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

4 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Seeing this coupled with the Dolphins losing their bye week today has made me fade Ajayi and hope that LeSean is there for my pick tonight. Love to hear this kind of stuff from coaches. 

6 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Seeing this coupled with the Dolphins losing their bye week today has made me fade Ajayi and hope that LeSean is there for my pick tonight. Love to hear this kind of stuff from coaches. 

When I read that kind of coachspeak, I immediately think, time to add the cuff. a high workload means alot of hits across 16 games; which make the Bills backup rb situation even more puzzling, u dont go thin at the position u add quality depth

34 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

see people stop nitpicking lol

but you HAVE to get his handcuff as said injury is the only concern since hes going to get run into the ground