NBC Sports EDGE Forums

LeSean McCoy 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

On 9/5/2017 at 11:10 AM, FreakFries said:

Yes, should have qualified: I play in standard leagues.

The lack of TDs in standard is a major concern for me when it comes to making McCoy my #1 pick. In standard, I don't see a huge difference between Shady and J Howard and most of all I want a #1 pick that has the potential to blow up and win my matchup any given week. Don't see that with Shady in standard. I HATE M Gordon, but I am seriously leaning towards taking him over Shady because the guy is a red zone target machine on an offense that can move the ball. Even if I miss on MG and am left with McCoy, not sure I wouldn't take, say, J Nelson over him because he seems to have more blow up potential>

Buffalo scored 48 rushing TDs in the last two years.  There's no Gillislee, no Karlos Williams, no Jonathan Williams, nobody to compete for rushing TDs other than Tygod (who will get his 4 or 5) and three career JAGs (one a fullback) who basically as old as Shady or older.  If Shady's healthy it would be stunning if he doesn't score double-digit rushing TDs.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

HFqujAh.png

Just got a notification about an injury designation.

Any reason to panic? He's not even on the injury report for Wednesday, what happened? We about to read breaking news about how he tweaked his hammy during practice?

Lol

he called in sick today.    

McDermott said yesterday Shady could play "every snap" this season.   probably an overstatement but this will be a fun year to own McCoy 

Looking good guys.  Pessimists on here talk about the organization pulling the plug this season.  This is more proof they don't have a clue what they are talking about...as usual.  

They are committed to winning:

The Bills have added $2.5 million in incentives to LeSean McCoy's contract.

The Bills have made it clear they're going to give 29-year-old McCoy all the work he can handle this season, and now he has more incentive to handle it. McCoy's 2017 base salary is $6 million. It's similar to the Band Aid the Panthers recently applied to Greg Olsen's contract. McCoy will be a weekly top-five fantasy back in 2017.

11 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Looking good guys.  Pessimists on here talk about the organization pulling the plug this season.  This is more proof they don't have a clue what they are talking about...as usual.  

They are committed to winning:

The Bills have added $2.5 million in incentives to LeSean McCoy's contract.

The Bills have made it clear they're going to give 29-year-old McCoy all the work he can handle this season, and now he has more incentive to handle it. McCoy's 2017 base salary is $6 million. It's similar to the Band Aid the Panthers recently applied to Greg Olsen's contract. McCoy will be a weekly top-five fantasy back in 2017.

You do realize that contract incentives to motivate a player and tanking can be mutually exclusive events?

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

You do realize that contract incentives to motivate a player and tanking can be mutually exclusive events?

Sammy Watkins has been consistently injured and had very little impact in his time in Buffalo.

Ronald Darby was terrible last season and gets pushed around.

EJ Gaines (from Rams Watkins deal) has been outstanding and looks to be an easy upgrade at corner over Darby.

Jordan Matthews has been in the NFL just as long as Watkins, he has more catches, yards, and TDs than Watkins because he actually plays. So just by being healthy and playing as a good not great WR he can have a bigger impact. 

What about those two moves signals packing it in for the year? 

12 hours ago, dashoe said:

Pay the man extra money if he plays well is purposely tanking?  Because they'll spend extra money on him and have less available for mid-season trades?  Or because they want him to try extra hard and maybe hurt himself?  Or because.... I don't even know I just can't follow that train of logic.

I don't know the incentive conditions though... I guess maybe if the stipulations are something like stay under 75 rushing yards per game, score no more than 5 TD's on the season, and drop every pass thrown to you.  Then maybe I could see how they could work hand in hand.

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

McCoy is going to have 2,000 yards this season and 4 TDs.

It's not any different from last year. He was getting vultured last year too. McCoy is too capable of breaking off 20+ yard runs to not score double digit TDs, he was less than a yard away from scoring one today

5 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

McCoy is going to have 2,000 yards this season and 4 TDs.

That's a top three rb in today's landscape regardless.  Tds are just gravy.  But honestly i just can't imagine Tolbert coming into the field when the points are on the line... i just can't believe it will happen like that. 

6 hours ago, atrium said:

This dude is immune to the ineptness of the Bills' offense. He'll produce no matter. Congrats to those who bought in, and pray for good health

i echo this, con mucho gusto!!

one game in, but the kid looks like he's gonna pick right back up - saw an innerview with him on that ghastly NFLN tabloid-like show, and he certainly came off as very focused and relaxed coming into this season.  appears to have adapted to a self imposed attitude adjustment, and looked as pumped as could be to go get some.

i didn't have the chance to pass on him in any of my drafts, but, gotta be honest - i prolly would have.  c'est la vie, non?

gl Shady nation, i hope the injury is minor.