NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you guys rather have Dougie Martin or Mccoy ROS?

I think basically you have to factor in Dougie might be on the better offense and his team can get him inside the 5 much more consistently? and if BUF makes it somehow inside the 5, what are the odds he gets vultured by big mike Tolbert?

Edited by dannyz6969
14 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

I think basically you have to factor in Dougie might be on the better offense and his team can get him inside the 5 much more consistently? and if BUF makes it somehow inside the 5, what are the odds he gets vultured by big mike Tolbert?

Martin, gets in the end zone

18 minutes ago, Novaray said:

18 minutes ago, Novaray said:

This. Shady gets vultured by Tolbert no matter what

Shady is in for an epic second half ...  that Buffalo remaining sched is the most magick foosball friendly in the game.  

when the TDs come, and they will, he will be nipping at Bell's heels, and right there with Zeke and MGIII and Gurley. 

making a successful play for Bell will be an Herculian task, but, judging from this thread, swingin' a deal for Shady will be much easier - if you can, do so before he rips the Yucs for 200 total yds and 2 scores this week.  

?????

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Shady is in for an epic second half ...  that Buffalo remaining sched is the most magick foosball friendly in the game.  

when the TDs come, and they will, he will be nipping at Bell's heels, and right there with Zeke and MGIII and Gurley. 

making a successful play for Bell will be an Herculian task, but, judging from this thread, swingin' a deal for Shady will be much easier - if you can, do so before he rips the Yucs for 200 total yds and 2 scores this week.  

?????

This...I would trade shady suck for any wr in the top 10. He will be hurt for the easy games

Overvalued: LeSean McCoy (BUF):

vs. TB; ECR – RB7
Shady has been a bust so far, but a lot of that has to do with his inability to find the end zone, which is bound to change eventually. His luck may have to wait to turn for one more week however as he faces off against a stout Tampa front seven that’s only getting healthier. Even after being gashed by Adrian Peterson

last week, the Bucs are still in the top-half of defenses against fantasy running backs; a testament to how good they’ve been up to this point.

Oh, and while much ado was made about the health of left tackle Cordy Glenn and how his absence has contributed to McCoy’s struggles, the Bills might not even utilize him going forward, healthy or not. Don’t assume the bye-week will mean things are any different in the run game.

listening to "expert" magick foosball prognosticators now, are we? 

hmmmmm. 

i combed through quite a few "start/sit" type of columns this last week, and they were all pretty much in agreement across the board about sitting Carr and Coop on Thursday night ... yeah, those "experts" sure know their ish, amirite?

it's all a guessing game, we know about as much as they do. 

?

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

listening to "expert" magick foosball prognosticators now, are we? 

hmmmmm. 

i combed through quite a few "start/sit" type of columns this last week, and they were all pretty much in agreement across the board about sitting Carr and Coop on Thursday night ... yeah, those "experts" sure know their ish, amirite?

it's all a guessing game, we know about as much as they do. 

?

Not sure why u bother with Dr Troll.    Shady is a must start and its just a matter of time before he starts finding the EZ.   He looks really explosive still.    

Never be too quick to write off proven talent in marquee roles.  

On 10/21/2017 at 8:23 AM, Dr. Whom said:

vs. TB; ECR – RB7
Shady has been a bust so far, but a lot of that has to do with his inability to find the end zone, which is bound to change eventually. His luck may have to wait to turn for one more week however as he faces off against a stout Tampa front seven that’s only getting healthier. Even after being gashed by Adrian Peterson

last week, the Bucs are still in the top-half of defenses against fantasy running backs; a testament to how good they’ve been up to this point.

Oh, and while much ado was made about the health of left tackle Cordy Glenn and how his absence has contributed to McCoy’s struggles, the Bills might not even utilize him going forward, healthy or not. Don’t assume the bye-week will mean things are any different in the run game.

????????

On 10/21/2017 at 8:23 AM, Dr. Whom said:

vs. TB; ECR – RB7

Good call!

In a 16 team Dynasty league, do I consider trading McCoy for Trubisky and a 1st round pick (likely pick 8-16), or Trubisky and Michael Thomas WR - Saints?

Worried about McCoy being 29.  Not sure what he does rest of season and beyond.

I am sort of contending.  My only other RBs are Kareem Hunt, Jalen Richard, Wayne Gallman, Austin Ekelar, Clement on philly and Ken Dixon on IR.  2 RB starting positions.

However, my QBs are Roethlisberger and Sam Bradford.  With the way Roethlisberger is playing it really hurts my chances of winning the league.

My WR are Fitzgerald, Demaryus Thomas, Maclin, Stills, Smith-Schuster, Kev White on IR.  

Tried to trade Fitz and Roethlisberger, but no one wants them.  

Currently i'm in 7th place.

Do I move McCoy for either of those deals?  Do I keep him and try to contend even though its unlikely I would win this season given the production of other key players?

Edited by brakeyawself
17 minutes ago, brakeyawself said:

In a 16 team Dynasty league, do I consider trading McCoy for Trubisky and a 1st round pick (likely pick 8-16), or Trubisky and Michael Thomas WR - Saints?

Worried about McCoy being 29.  Not sure what he does rest of season and beyond.

I am sort of contending.  My only other RBs are Kareem Hunt, Jalen Richard, Wayne Gallman, Austin Ekelar, Clement on philly and Ken Dixon on IR.  2 RB starting positions.

However, my QBs are Roethlisberger and Sam Bradford.  With the way Roethlisberger is playing it really hurts my chances of winning the league.

My WR are Fitzgerald, Demaryus Thomas, Maclin, Stills, Smith-Schuster, Kev White on IR.  

Tried to trade Fitz and Roethlisberger, but no one wants them.  

Currently i'm in 7th place.

Do I move McCoy for either of those deals?  Do I keep him and try to contend even though its unlikely I would win this season given the production of other key players?

Cool.

Edited by 1st DownSyndrome
On 10/20/2017 at 6:16 AM, dannyz6969 said:

Butter defense is limiting Doug to his 15 ish touches a week, and he has a much tougher upcoming schedule. Shady is the man everywhere on the field, other than when Tolbert comes and occasionally snags a TD. I'd take Shady no matter what man. Better schedule, better floor, roughly the same chances of scoring TD's. I'm not sure how anyone could value Doug over Shady at this point..

On 10/20/2017 at 10:09 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

?????

right on track, as expected - wish i could've snagged him somewhere, but other owners wisely held.

enjoy the latter half of the season, Shady owners - gonna be a hell of a ride 

Image result for lesean mccoy gif

295 yards and 3 TD's in 2 weeks since the bye (oh and 11 catches for those PPR folks).  Oh and Tolbert has 0 TD's in that stretch.... Just in case anyone in here said something like "Shady gets vultured by Tolbert no matter what"