NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2017 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

It does suck he lost Doug Marrone... and their wr core has been in flux.    They are just much more limited on offense-  still...you are right.   8 carries was it for Shady?  And a few short routes not terribly thought out.   They can do better and i think they will.  Getting Matthews, Clay, and KB integrated should help. 

I hope so. Only a coaching staff can make McCoy 2017 look like Gurley 2016. Ironically, Gurley 2017 is looking like McCoy 2016 thanks to McVay. And while Gordon is not nearly as talented as those 2 guys, he continues to be productive thanks to Bills former OC Anthony Lynn.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Newtown said:

I hope so. Only a coaching staff can make McCoy 2017 look like Gurley 2016. Ironically, Gurley 2017 is looking like McCoy 2016 thanks to McVay. And while Gordon is not nearly as talented as those 2 guys, he continues to be productive thanks to Bills former OC Anthony Lynn.

McCoy was drafted between rb3 and rb6 and he’s currently rb9 in my PPR league.    It could be so much better but it nowhere near the flailing collapse that the Rams were under Fisher.    Buffalo is a playoff contender, in a bit of a funk.   It’s not a big stretch to see them improve from the last few weeks.    Step back from the ledge man...lol

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

McCoy was drafted between rb3 and rb6 and he’s currently rb9 in my PPR league.    It could be so much better but it nowhere near the flailing collapse that the Rams were under Fisher.    Buffalo is a playoff contender, in a bit of a funk.   It’s not a big stretch to see them improve from the last few weeks.    Step back from the ledge man...lol

Lol.

You are right. Currently 13th in my standard league. Could be worse. Just sucks to see him currently ranked below both Ingram and Kamara. Not to mention Chris Thompson. Even DeMarco Murray is creeping up on him. Now that's scary.

24 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is this guy worth trading for? I am curious what you all think..He has not been his normal STUD self.

I think so, buy low window is back open and I’m liking buffalos schedule ROS, NE 2x, Miami and Indy matchups in there

7 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I'm also looking to make a move for Shady. I haven't been watching him at all this year. Has he been getting the GL carries?

Tried to trade Wentz for him straight up last weekend before the game and the owner said to come back after Wentz' bye.

Now I don't know what to do...Buffalo just looks terrible this year and what good is a RB on a bad offense?

10 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Tried to trade Wentz for him straight up last weekend before the game and the owner said to come back after Wentz' bye.

Now I don't know what to do...Buffalo just looks terrible this year and what good is a RB on a bad offense?

Carlos Hyde says hello. Jordan Howard isn't doing too bad either.

tbh Shady himself is still a top 12  RB in fantasy points per game. Not elite, but certainly not a bust by any means.

He could obviously be doing much better in fantasy. But I still think his three TDs are more of an anomaly than anything else at this point. His insanely low TD pace is almost certain to increase ROS with the amount of touches/yards he has.

5 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Carlos Hyde says hello. Jordan Howard isn't doing too bad either.

tbh Shady himself is still a top 12  RB in fantasy points per game. Not elite, but certainly not a bust by any means.

He could obviously be doing much better in fantasy. But I still think his three TDs are more of an anomaly than anything else at this point. His insanely low TD pace is almost certain to increase ROS with the amount of touches/yards he has.

The problem is this is just wishful thinking. There is no written rule in the universe that says LeSean McCoy must have X amount of touchdowns by the end of the fantasy football season.

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

The problem is this is just wishful thinking. There is no written rule in the universe that says LeSean McCoy must have X amount of touchdowns by the end of the fantasy football season.

"written rule"? That's a dumb interpretation of my post. My point is that touches/yards tend to lead to TDs. It's mostly bad luck that other people have been getting the final scoring play. I mean, feel free to disagree with that point. But I never said anything about a written rule.

2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

"written rule"? That's a dumb interpretation of my post. My point is that touches/yards tend to lead to TDs. It's mostly bad luck that other people have been getting the final scoring play. I mean, feel free to disagree with that point. But I never said anything about a written rule.

Trust me, I know what you mean. I've been looking to buy low. The problem is that he isn't getting touches. 12 and 9 carries past 2 games with only 3 receptions in both combined. I'm hoping their is an uptick because I'm pretty sure I will be landing him. He has a pretty great schedule from here on out.

Any team will abandon the run when they're getting pounded like the Bills have the past two weeks. 

If it continues to happen then I'll be nervous, but for now I'm just going to chalk it up to a couple bad games by the Bills. They're not the Browns or Giants, they won't get absolutely blown out each and every week.

2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

His touches have been going down...he is not generating 20+ touches a game because the offense runs through Tyrod and the passing game. And because shady is sitting on the bench by halftime since the bills defense is the worst in the league by far

Everyone must think he's a buy low because I've gotten multiple garbage offers for him the past couple days. No matter what trade I offer to another team, I get a counter offer that includes McCoy somehow. I could offer my kicker for someone else's and get countered at kicker + McCoy for kicker + Abdullah. 

I don't think there's much to gain from selling low now - the past couple weeks have to be rock bottom for the Bills offense, so it can only get better from here. 

3 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Would you guys agree that the benching of Tyrod will be more good then bad for Shady?

I hope it leads to more screens being called and Shady being utilized in the passing game more, get him in space. Also I expect more than 9 damn carries.

4 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Would you guys agree that the benching of Tyrod will be more good then bad for Shady?

Usually when a new/rookie qb gets his first start teams load the box and force him to throw.....Im not a fan, I need shady to start scoring and getting yards asap. My league has 5 teams at 6-4 and one at 7-3 and the rest below. Im in the mix, but shady needs to lift me up.

13 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Didn't see this coming. Just traded for McCoy in my main league yesterday. Honestly have some pretty mixed reactions.

He will be leaned on more as a veteran and to rush the ball, but as @Zekepeak86 said, it could lead to teams stacking the box.

19 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Probably better from an opportunity stand point. If Peterman can convert 3rd downs and extend drives, sure. The benefit of having Tyrod was his mobility, especially in the read option game. It would open up running lanes for himself and Shady. But the Bills abandoned that style of play this season so Tyrod became an ordinary, inaccurate, gun shy player at QB.