NBC Sports EDGE Forums

My Jimmy Butler for his Chris Paul [10 Cat (+DD), punt 3s/Pts/FT%] WHIR!

I think I gotta do it. I've been trying to trade Butler all year because he doesn't fit my punt strategy. The rest of my team is organized around punting points, FT%, and 3s. I'm last in the league in FT% and 3s and 2nd to last in points.

My team is already pretty strong in double doubles, semi-strong in assists...and I'm currently in 2nd place. Top 4 make playoffs.

I figure I can still make the playoffs without Butler, because he honestly doesn't help my team that much as it is. And in the playoffs, I can REALLY use CP3's assists and double doubles. With punting 3 cats, the pressure is really on winning all of the other categories, so I want to be the best in the league -- or as close to it as possible -- in DD and assists.

LINK TO MY TEAM

I think this is a good move in the grand scheme of things. Especially if you think you're going to make playoffs. HOWEVER heres what i propose.

Do your best to make it a 2:2 trade. You have to assume he's coming ahead in the short term by getting Butler. So you can spin it that you need to come out a little. Perhaps upgrade a position on your squad from someone on his team. Nothing drastic. Think... Robin Lopez turning into Gorgui Deng.

1 minute ago, chillychill said:

I think this is a good move in the grand scheme of things. Especially if you think you're going to make playoffs. HOWEVER heres what i propose.

Do your best to make it a 2:2 trade. You have to assume he's coming ahead in the short term by getting Butler. So you can spin it that you need to come out a little. Perhaps upgrade a position on your squad from someone on his team. Nothing drastic. Think... Robin Lopez turning into Gorgui Deng.

Thanks for the advice. I tried to do a 2 for 2 with minor upgrade, like PJ tucker to Thad Young. He wouldn't go for it.

In the end I didn't want the guy to get cold feet, I pulled the trigger on 1 for 1.

Archived