NBC Sports Edge Forums

Doug Martin 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, the_wolfman said:

If you don't think Quizz will outscore Doug then honestly what is your point?

Quizz eats into Martin's workload enough that a good matchup doesnt make him startable. That or Martin's workload is just reduced to the point of  having the same effect due to the layoff. 

Not advocating starting one over the other. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Quizz eats into Martin's workload enough that a good matchup doesnt make him startable. That or Martin's workload is just reduced to the point of  having the same effect due to the layoff. 

Not advocating starting one over the other. 

Not standing behind your own word either

All we need to know is that he ran with the starters in practice.  That is enough to start him in a good matchup. 

There are no guarantees he blows up or gets a ton of carries.  The only guarantee is that his role will be as the main running back unless that practice report is wrong. 

The rest of this is nonsense.  I do agree that the best bet if u make one is snap count, but even that can be impacted by game flow.

9 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Not standing behind your own word either

I mean if you want to quote it for me sure, but I am pretty sure you have a reading disorder. Don't think I ever said anything to the contrary. 

Edited by Sizzlebshu
14 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Its a one-sided bet. Quizz could rack up 59 cards on 20 carries. Martin negates that if he vultures a TD. I'd be a moron to take that bet

Take the bet you vagina and put your money where your mouth is! lol (just playing around of course)

I'm personally riding the Doug train, choo choo!

Bucs aren't saying much, but I would expect RB Doug Martin to be significantly in the mix tonight coming off his suspension. They believe his return can help spark the offense. They'll monitor him as game goes along, as he could have some rust. But my sense is they wouldn't have activated him just to split carries with Jacquizz Rodgers.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fgraziano_dan.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropDan Graziano, ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0707637680191574204-4

5 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Bucs aren't saying much, but I would expect RB Doug Martin to be significantly in the mix tonight coming off his suspension. They believe his return can help spark the offense. They'll monitor him as game goes along, as he could have some rust. But my sense is they wouldn't have activated him just to split carries with Jacquizz Rodgers.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fgraziano_dan.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropDan Graziano, ESPN Staff Writer

Reporter talk but I will take it.

1 minute ago, Cheese Sandwich said:

Not that it means anything, but the Bucs have not updated their official depth chart. Rodgers and Sims are still currently listed as co-starters. It is at least a little interesting that Rodgers never earned the full starter label in Martin's absence. 

That depth chart was posted before Doug was activated.  I'm sure they see no reason to update it as it just gives the pats more indication of their plans.

Just now, kp96 said:

That depth chart was posted before Doug was activated.  I'm sure they see no reason to update it as it just gives the pats more indication of their plans.

Agreed. The nugget that stood out to me was that the team never fully committed to Rodgers in the first place. Sims has always been listed as co-starter on the first team. Maybe it throws a little shade on the notion that the coaching staff loves Rodgers and will make Martin earn his way back. But then reading depth charts is not much better than reading tea leaves.  

3 minutes ago, Cheese Sandwich said:

Agreed. The nugget that stood out to me was that the team never fully committed to Rodgers in the first place. Sims has always been listed as co-starter on the first team. Maybe it throws a little shade on the notion that the coaching staff loves Rodgers and will make Martin earn his way back. But then reading depth charts is not much better than reading tea leaves.  

They said that there are two starting RB's and two starting DT's. seems to me that is just saying that quizz is early down back and Sims is 3rd down back..

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

They said that there are two starting RB's and two starting DT's. seems to me that is just saying that quizz is early down back and Sims is 3rd down back..

It is normal for the early down back to be listed as the starter, not co starter.  Cheese has a point.

34 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Who is this dude and what makes his opinion worth more than any one of us? Does he have a tie with the team?

37 minutes ago, Cheese Sandwich said:

Good lord, this pissing contest is tiresome. I see one semi-useful post in the last three pages. Let's stay tuned for some actual news. 

But until we see how this plays out tonight, there won't be any actual news.  haha

Assuming the bucs don't get blown out in the first quarter, a 50-50 timeshare is worst case scenario.  He may mix with quizz to start but I expect a fresh Doug to be the bellcow in the 2nd half if it is competitive.