NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Completed Trades Thread

decided to add up all my trades from this season and see if it was net profit or face palm:  6 trades total 

sent: Bogaerts, Wood, Severino, Moncada, Upton, J.Turner, Franco, R.Zimmerman, Dahl, Zimmer, Broxton, six future draft picks (highest was a 7th rounder)

received: Rizzo, Pollock, Braun, Darvish, Lester, Carrasco, Jansen, Desmond

no ragrets!!

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

decided to add up all my trades from this season and see if it was net profit or face palm:  6 trades total 

sent: Bogaerts, Wood, Severino, Moncada, Upton, J.Turner, Franco, R.Zimmerman, Dahl, Zimmer, Broxton, six future draft picks (highest was a 7th rounder)

received: Rizzo, Pollock, Braun, Darvish, Lester, Carrasco, Jansen, Desmond

no ragrets!!

No ragerts, my man. Looks good.

12 Team H2H redraft 13x13 

i gave: Stroman + E.Diaz 

i got: Wood 

i gave: Tanaka, Braun

i got: Marte Herrera 

After looking at my season as a whole I've made a few trades which boil down to

Given Up: CarGo, M.Taylor, Allen, Tanaka, Braun, Stroman, E.Diaz

Received: Harper, Wood, Marte, Herrera 

I like it 

Edited by tristan0823

In 15-team redraft:

Gave: Khris Davis, Danny Salazar, and Jose Berrios

Got: Aaron Judge and Jeff Samardzija

I grabbed Salazar off the wire after he was sent down, so he didn't cost me anything.  Love what he did last time out, but I think that'll be his best outing of the season, so a great time to sell high.  Shark's ERA is unsexy, but the Ks and WHIP are there, and I think he'll come around and at least be in the 4 ERA range ROS with lots of innings.  Berrios has been up and down and I think he'll be top 40 ROS, but I've got pitching depth with MadBum, CarMart, Wood, Faria, Nola, and Duffy, which is pretty solid for a 15-teamer.

And what can you say about Judge that hasn't already been said.  His average will come down, but he'll still finish ahead of Khris, and he'll pick up way more R/RBI in a better lineup.

8 hours ago, Call me Red said:

12 team keeper league.

Traded my Felix Hernandez, Kenley Jenson and Mark Trumbo for Julio Teheran, Anthony Rizzo and Anthony Swarsak.  Have enough closers to afford the loss of Jenson.  

Felix, Jansen, and Trumbo for roughly a top-15ish overall player? I'd take that all day!

Traded Schebler and Fisher for Mookie in a 5x5 12-team keeper. Both guys I traded can be kept for the next two seasons, while Betts cannot be kept next year. We agreed on the deal before Fisher got called up. The other owner is out of the money race, and he's building for next year. He really likes Fisher. 

Flipped my Darvish and Rizzo for Arenado.  12 team league and can only keep 3.

Already have MadBum and Kershaw for keepers.  I'm out of it for this year so I figured I'd make the move to get a premier bat.

flipped Carpenter+Bogaerts for Rizzo, then flipped Taillon + 14th for Jean Segura.

still a vacant spot at 2B, so I'm eager for an Albies/Kingery callup.

Also working hard to snag Jonathan Schoop before the 31st deadline. Seems that Schoop has quietly become a star level player. 

how many .900 OPS 2nd basemen are there? 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

12 team Keep 6 h2h

Traded Benintendi for Danny Salazar and Chris Taylor

In first place by 7 points looking to secure the bye. Was not going to keep Benintendi and needed at SS with Correa going down. Salazar is the gamble but adds to my already top of the league pitching staff. Guy I traded to out of it auditioning young keepers. 

Edited by Mickey Donovan

7 trades on the year

I gave: TTurner, Chapman, Harvey, Kemp, Zimmerman, Altuve, Bellinger, Villar, Berrios

I Got: Votto, Cargo, Felix, Rizzo, Gordon, Villar, JD Martinez, G Gonzales, A Sanchez, Lindor, Bregman

10 team roto league and traded some big names but got a few in return. Overall think I am behind but in 1st place

new name should be "art of the 3 for 1"

12 team h2h redraft

11 total trades-

gave - springer, sale,  scherzer, bellinger, rendon, mark renyolds, trumbo, donaldson, marte, salazar, b ham, dee, knebel, edwin diaz,  trienan, heris, giles, bedrosian, bud, archie bradley, arrieta, tailon, duffy,

got-  trout, arrenado, kershaw,  trea, rizzo, jdm, bum, thor, napoli

added tailon back when dropped

8 total trades-

gave- bellinger, lamb,  braun, lindor, moose, thames, k seager, scooter, happ, archie bradley, archer, melancon, giles, grienke, maeda, addison russell, franco, betances, 

got- trout, blackmon,  inj correa, donaldson, berrios, pujols beltran, buxton

10 team weekly standard points mixed league

First trade I made was trading Matt Bush and Andrew McCutchen for Nomar Mazara. WOOF. McCutchen was playing terribly for months so I tried to unload him as soon as he could warm up and appear to recoup some value. The only problem is that he still hasn't cooled down. LOL. Lesson learned there.

Second trade I made was trading DJ LeMahieu for Corey Knebel. It opened up a hole of sorts at second base for me but helped with what was a depleted staff of relief pitchers (think: a soon to be obsolete Brad Brach, a seemingly directionless Cody Allen, and an admittedly great Felipe Rivero). Thus far I have filled the second base void with the likes of Chris Taylor, Paul DeJong, and Scooter Gennett. Hopefully they can give me production for the rest of the year. Been chilling with Alex Wood in my third RP slot for weeks now, with Cody Allen acting as a paperweight on my bench until just recently.

7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Traded Abreu for Donaldson. Abreu is having the better season, but Donaldson has the higher ceiling. 

Does he? Abreu is a 30HR/100RBI hitter with a .300 average, and he's not been hampered by an injury... I don't like this trade unless you needed a 3B.

Hello, i am in a bit of a pickle with my closers. kintzler and reed both lost their closing roles due to trades, i have knebel as well. my starters are greinke, archer, cole hamels, king felix, sonny gray, robbie ray, Johnny Cueto, danny duffy, and parker bridwell. I have been either cody allen or herrera for archer. i am mulling over this treade, what do u think? 

just pulled this trade, dynasty, 16 team

I sent: Yoan Moncada and Chris Archer

for

Received: Michael Kopech, Alex Reyes, Kevin Maitan

What do you guys think? Did I give up too much or just about right? Moncada is scaring me with the lack of hits so I figured I'd move on to the next "sure" thing in Maitan.

Edited by Dark Kn19ht
20 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

just pulled this trade, dynasty, 16 team

I sent: Yoan Moncada and Chris Archer

for

Received: Michael Kopech, Alex Reyes, Kevin Maitan

What do you guys think? Did I give up too much or just about right? Moncada is scaring me with the lack of hits so I figured I'd move on to the next "sure" thing in Maitan.

I followed this up with the trade below:

Sent: Trevor Story, Matt Carpenter, Brad Peacock, AJ Reed

for

Received: Ozzie Albies, Kyle Barraclough, Eduardo Nunez

would love some feedback on both trades.

Busted out two trades yesterday to try to aquire some keepers for next year....

Trade 1: My: Marwin Gonzales, Rivero, Rosenthal, Faria, Godley 

For His: Jose Ramirez

His team is on the cusp of the playoffs and is starving for pitching....I am looking for cheap keepers for next year and Jo-Ram only costs $4...

Trade 2: My: Molina, Reynolds, Diaz, Greene

For His: Flowers, Headly, Kennedy, and T. Walker

Obviously I was only after walker here, but gave up 4 guys I wouldn't keep anyways for a $6 Walker...Trying to build a solid pitching foundation for next season with Thor, Keuchel, Berrios, Walker so far....hopefully I can ditch a few more guys as rentals and lock up one more solid SP...

On 7/31/2017 at 6:31 AM, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Does he? Abreu is a 30HR/100RBI hitter with a .300 average, and he's not been hampered by an injury... I don't like this trade unless you needed a 3B.

Looks like it has worked out wonderfully. I honestly believed that JD would pick it up, and he has been en fuego. Two homers and 4 RBI tonight and it's only the third inning. 

In my 12-team 5x5 roto league, keep 8. 

Traded Devers/Inciarte/Ian Happ for Hamilton/OHerrera. The three I traded can be kept two more years. Ham and Odubel can be kept once more if I choose. 

Two minutes later, traded Bour and Villar for Adam Jones. Jones is a rental who cannot be kept again. 

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic