NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alshon Jeffrey 2017 Outlook

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

interesting that Jeffrey's biggest play of the year (his 55 yd TD vs. 49ers) featured some vintage technique.

under thrown pass, he had to reach back and wrestle the ball from the defender, then - POOF!  he was gone.  

tell me that wasn't some old skool Jeffrey schtick ... man, maybe Wentz needs to under throw this cat more often.

On 19/10/2017 at 1:40 PM, CrastersCreep said:

All of you jeffrey owners are in denial. I am one of you and also havewatched every snap. It’s not going to get better and he still has some name value you’ll thank me or moving him before he loses that even. 

Agholor is a mich better player and Wentz looks his way more often then Jeffrey. I’m sure the Agholor owner would gladly ship him out for Alshon.

SMH

On 10/30/2017 at 4:05 AM, CrastersCreep said:

Yeah I’ve been beating the sell Jeffrey drum in here louder then everyone. If you can sell to the Nelson Agholor owner that would be the move to make. Barring injury he will be a much better player for fantasy purposes this year (and beyond). 

As mentioned by another guy Jeffrey and Wentz aren’t on the same page. It’s hard to throw to a guy that simply can’t seperate, at all. He had what is likely to be his best game of the season vs the softest game on the schedule. Sad when his best game is 2/62 on 8 targets. He’s simply so inefficient with his targets it’s a matter of when not if Wentz starts to distribute them to Agholor, Ertz, and Mack Hollins. 

The one good thing he still provides this offense and it’s other fantasy players is he still gets covered by the opposing teams best corner and takes some pressure off the other pass catchers. Unfortunately that doesn’t result in any fantasy points. 

If youre selling him for a RB I’d try and get a guy like Dion Lewis, Alex Collins, Marlon Mack. 

See you in a couple weeks when Agholor scores a TD and not Alshon and you come to gloat again.

2 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

I’m right here - did you even watch the game or are you just watching boxscores?

He had 80 yards and 2 TDs it was a good game. Yeah he made some mistakes, I know he dropped a ball right before halftime that would of allowed them to get a field goal and had a stupid holding penalty but besides that what was bad. If your arguement is he got lucky that's a pretty stupid arguement. His first TD was on an extremely well designed play, they knew Talib is one of the most agressive CBs in the NFL so they ran a RPO to his side and he bit on the run so jeffery got a TD out of it. The 2nd TD was pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things and anyone could of gotten it but Jeffery got open so Wentz threw it to him. I'm not going to lie if Ertz was active that 2nd TD probably would of went to him but he was inactive so it went to Jeffery, so please tell us why we shouldn't be impressed with this game.

1 minute ago, No1Statistican said:

I keep hearing his schedule is hard and sell now, but his only really hard matchup is week 13 aganist Sherman. He was one drop away from a 100 yard 2 td game against Talib. He still is getting chemistry when Wentz which is the top offense right now. I'm thinking he is a low end WR1 right now.

Agreed. He looked pretty comfortable yesterday, and he was getting plenty of targets. Can't wait to see him ROS.

Just now, oresteszero said:

Or you hate the fact that you're impatient lol.

You could make that case but here is a tale of two players:

A Jeffery is on a new team and from what I have seen of him this season, he has not been comfortable in running his routes and his timing has been off. Wentz consistently overthrew him or would miss him yet has been white hot with all his other receivers. After 8 games that isn't a Wentz problem its a Jeffery problem. Dud after dud, you have to do something. I chose to not be patient with Jeffery because I have seen talented guys go to other teams and it just not work. Guys like....

Demarco Murray. I DID choose to be patient with D Murray because he, like Jeffery, has plenty of talent but is on the same team and HAS looked good when given the rock. Unlike Jeffery, he has a track record of being top fantasy asset on his current team. He has had a hamstring bother him, noticeably at times, for a few games but I thought with the bye week, that would clear up and when it did, he would click. Especially since they keep feeding him. Instead, it turns out the Titans, for some reason known only to the most depraved coaches football, are running a high school offense (https://sports.yahoo.com/expect-corey-davis-ff-075134053.html) and Murray still sucks despite practicing in full. (He got dinged up during the game yesterday but I don't think that made the difference. The Titans just suck.)

As you can see, you can be patient and it still won't work out sometimes. You just never know.

In conclusion: Jeffery clearly did this on purpose to sink my fantasy team and he can suck a bag of lollipops.

2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

You could make that case but here is a tale of two players:

A Jeffery is on a new team and from what I have seen of him this season, he has not been comfortable in running his routes and his timing has been off. Wentz consistently overthrew him or would miss him yet has been white hot with all his other receivers. After 8 games that isn't a Wentz problem its a Jeffery problem. Dud after dud, you have to do something. I chose to not be patient with Jeffery because I have seen talented guys go to other teams and it just not work. Guys like....

Demarco Murray. I DID choose to be patient with D Murray because he, like Jeffery, has plenty of talent but is on the same team and HAS looked good when given the rock. Unlike Jeffery, he has a track record of being top fantasy asset on his current team. He has had a hamstring bother him, noticeably at times, for a few games but I thought with the bye week, that would clear up and when it did, he would click. Especially since they keep feeding him. Instead, it turns out the Titans, for some reason known only to the most depraved coaches football, are running a high school offense (https://sports.yahoo.com/expect-corey-davis-ff-075134053.html) and Murray still sucks despite practicing in full. (He got dinged up during the game yesterday but I don't think that made the difference. The Titans just suck.)

As you can see, you can be patient and it still won't work out sometimes. You just never know.

In conclusion: Jeffery clearly did this on purpose to sink my fantasy team and he can suck a bag of lollipops.

:lol:, you win some, you lose some I guess!