Alshon Jeffrey 2017 Outlook

psygolf

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How we feelin about Jeffrey this week? Seems like he has really hit his stride with Wentz. The chemistry is palpable. Unfortunately he has been the victim of low usage in the second half lately due to their blowout wins. I like him a lot this week against a banged up Sherman-less Seattle secondary. I feel like Wilson will find a way to keep this game competitive so Jeffrey should be busy all game

16 hours ago, Baur10 said:

4 year, $52 million extension with the Eagles.  About $13 million per year puts him around the realm of TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Dez Bryant.  Seems like a fair deal.

Wentz/Jeffrey/Agholor/Hollins/Ertz - unstoppable group here, will scorch the league for the next few years.

let's hope Jeffrey celebrates with a 7/106/1 stat line tonight :D 

Image result for alshon jeffery gif

Also have to keep in mind Roseman is locking him up long term before a 2019 that will reset the standard for WR FA contracts. OBJ, Cooper, Evans, Cooks, Nelson, Cobb, Tate, Benjamin are all going to flood the market. Gotta imagine his price tag is going to look pretty great after that. 

8 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

How we feeling about Jeffrey this week? Good matchup. Likely good gamescript. Looks like Ertz may be out

Not good. It's expected to be a high-scoring game, but it's not a good matchup by any means. The Rams have been great against QBs and WRs (only 2 top-12 WR performances against them all year, and those were to slot receivers Thielen and Fitzgerald), and Trumaine Johnson is one of the best CBs against large-bodied receivers. 
I don't have the intestinal fortitude to sit him for a random FA find, and my bench replacements (Crowder and Shepard) are uninspiring options this week, so I'll be rolling him out there and hoping that volume and gamescript favor a good game for him, but my expectations are very low. Feels like an Agholor and ground attack game, if you ask me.

Long story short, I'm worried.

tenor.gif