NBC Sports Edge Forums

Baseball Prospectus t101

fawkes_mulder

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Bellinger comically low-

1b prospect. Real life list.

BP also maybe a little tepid due to AJ Reed flop (and FWIW Bellinger is still ranked higher than Reed was last year).

Still love Bellinger in fantasy, wouldn't worry.

Alcantara at 40 is also really high compared to most lists. Didn't make BA top 100.

I know @fawkes_mulder and I love the guy.

Also there was actually really good discussion about Alcantara vs Junior Fernandez ( a favorite debate of this forum) on the Fantasy Baseball Prospects at Razball podcast with Mike Halpren (IBW guy).  

Still disappointed by lack of kirilloff in BA/BP t100.

It honestly feels to me like the difference between him and rutherford is razor thin...put Kiri on the Yankees and he's getting hype.

Also Romero snubs.

Nobody cares about the twins.

/rant

I actually like Keith Law's t100 the most so far, despite a couple outlier picks like Moncada in the teens.

BP & Prospect361 still have Nick Williams at the 50-60 range while BA & others have dropped him out completely due to that batting approach (atrocious Bb/K). The Philly corners are up for the taking. Will be an interesting year for ol' Nicky.

On 2/13/2017 at 11:17 AM, DropkickAlex said:

No Vlad Jr.

A lot of guys I like on that list.

No Vlad is very disappointing ... But this is the only list with Juan Soto on it and I like how aggressive his rank is. 

Dansby over Beni?  JP over Moncada?  Those seem like they should be obviously in the opposite direction... I wouldn't trade either Beni or Moncada individually for both Dansby and JP in a deep dynasty league.

Guys this is a real life list which favors up the middle defense and downgrades 1B. What I am looking forward to is their fantasy list. That one last year was the best thing they pumped in ages for fantasy guys like us. Think Sayne was the writer. 

5 hours ago, tucker26 said:

Guys this is a real life list which favors up the middle defense and downgrades 1B. What I am looking forward to is their fantasy list. That one last year was the best thing they pumped in ages for fantasy guys like us. Think Sayne was the writer. 

If they have a fantasy list why isn't it out first?  I mean who checks out these lists this time of year except fantasy baseball players?

yeah I think Swanson is going to be a better real life player and not be a big help to us in fantasy. With many of these guys you can really put the names in a hat and draw them out and not really have a wrong order. I don't get too hyped up with many of them especially pitchers.

Archived