NBC Sports Edge Forums

Melvin Gordon 2017 Outlook

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Should we be worried about his injury?

None of his “listed” injuries have seemed to have affected his play much this year so far so until something changes I wouldn’t worry about it. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

actually, aside from a "gimpy" 87 yard scamper he was putrid. His owners got a HUGE blessing with that play

Oh, you're that guy. There's always one.

He showed toughness. A good quality.

Edited by Squats&Milk
21 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

actually, aside from a "gimpy" 87 yard scamper he was putrid. His owners got a HUGE blessing with that play

It's been that way for all of his touchdowns really. If you discount his league-leading 8 TD's, Gordon is really a bum. He's really not even worth rostering, as he gives owners a huge blessing with those TD's, but sometimes you'd just rather see him get a good pass block and stop getting into the end zone. 

45 minutes ago, Squats&Milk said:

Oh, you're that guy. There's always one.

He showed toughness. A good quality.

If by "that guy" you mean a realist who actually watched every snap with an bias in Gordon's favor then Yeah, I guess I am. He's on my team, I'd love to say he was outstanding and move right along. I never suggested he didn't PRODUCE. To say he looked good is simply not a true statement. He's clearly battling that turf toe. He literally limped his way to the end zone. Was super impressed with his toughness, but he needs this bye week badly. Sorry if those facts hurt your feelings. We can still be friends I hope

25 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

If by "that guy" you mean a realist who actually watched every snap with an bias in Gordon's favor then Yeah, I guess I am. He's on my team, I'd love to say he was outstanding and move right along. I never suggested he didn't PRODUCE. To say he looked good is simply not a true statement. He's clearly battling that turf toe. He literally limped his way to the end zone. Was super impressed with his toughness, but he needs this bye week badly. Sorry if those facts hurt your feelings. We can still be friends I hope

Where is the "literally limping" part?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21213572

Edited by Corleone
1 minute ago, Joe Odam said:

If I have to spell it out for you then I'm better off just leaving it alone. You're right. That was Gordon in full health. Let's all celebrate blindly now :rolleyes:

You can't spell it out because it doesn't exist. You said he "literally limped his way to the end zone". At what point does that happen? How often do you even see a player score an 87-yard touchdown? 

28 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

You must not know what “literally” means. If he literally limped into the end zone , then a fat D-lineman should have tackled him. 

He outran CBs...

2 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

He outran CBs...

did he? Watch again and see if you can identify where Malcolm Butler came from..........many yards behind him.

Look, I'm not about to sword fight online over opinions. I hope the guy is healthy. TO ME, he looked anything but. If that makes you fellas upset in any way.....well, I simply do not care. At all. 

3 minutes ago, Holben said:

I'm guessing it's his left foot that is the problem? He seems to not be allowing that foot to get a full range of motion in each step.

If he can run (not limp) that well with an injured left foot, then by the time he's fully healthy, he will challenge Tecmo Bo Jackson for best running back ever :) 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Melvin Gordon 2017 Outlook