NBC Sports Edge Forums

Melvin Gordon 2017 Outlook

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon might not be the most explosive or flashy RB. However hes extremely talnted and effective running behind an average oline at best.  The role he has in that offense plus has him locked in as a RB1 just outside the elite tier of Bell + Zeke imo. Couldn't have asked for a better timed bye week. 

17 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Would you rather have this guy or some bum who sits out games

That all depends. If he sits out a week or two, does he come back healthier and perform better and if he stays in each and every week, does he end up missing drivers or being slow on plays and under performing?

There are up-sides and down-sides to playing every week and sitting a week or two. The concern with Melvin Gordon is how much time will he eventually miss if he keeps trying to play through injuries considering he's yet to play a full season.

I’m actually just kinda pissed they didn’t use him more considering the big run he had.  But still very grateful for what he gave me.

RW said it was a result of negative game script and pats playing keep away but I don’t really comprehend that considering they weren’t getting much from any of their other players.

32 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

The Chargers looked their best when Gordon was getting those 6 and 7 yard passes on 1st or 2nd down to keep Rivers out of 3rd and long. 

Agree. Only 2 catches last 2 games, had 15 catches the previous 2. Haven't gotten to watch the Chargers last few weeks, so no clue why he's getting so few looks in the passing game. Still, happy to see the long run.

Who would u guys rank ahead of Gordon the ROS? I am worry about his turf toe that it could linger through out the season. His 80+ yard TD was nice but he got caught up by Malcolm Butler who ran 4.62 and Gordon 4.52 so maybe the toe is slowing him down cuz he look kinda slow all the way through the side line to the endzone

17 minutes ago, jpmvg3 said:

The rotoworld blurb actually got it right for once. The fact of the matter is that Melvin Gordon simply is not a good running back. He survives on volume and TDs, not efficiency.

I've heard the same. So much analytics out there these days. 

14 hours ago, jpmvg3 said:

The rotoworld blurb actually got it right for once. The fact of the matter is that Melvin Gordon simply is not a good running back. He survives on volume and TDs, not efficiency.

Agreed. I'm a Gordon owner but it is pretty clear that he's a mediocre RB that gets enough volume to remain relevant. I don't think I'll touch him with a ten foot pole next season with what he's gonna cost.

Yeah, I'm also hoping this guy holds it together for the rest of this season, and then I'll never draft him again. That being said, he was coming off his best game of the season before this one, and there's a low probability Ekeler is that good again unless we're seeing some sort of breakout, which seems very unlikely.

Edited by LongBalls
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Melvin Gordon 2017 Outlook