Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, hype said:

Well his floor for targets is 11. Against the PFF best corner in the league who said that Gordon was his toughest matchup all year. 

 

So 11 targets, 7 catches, 168, 2 TD

 

See you in the semis boys.

You realize you put Kizer’s completion percentage (63.6%) above some potential HOF QBs?

 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/completion-percentage

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Wont matter, doesnt obj draw double teams? Does AB draw double teams?

 

 

AB has a future HOF QB, a solid offensive line, one of the best RBs in the league, and a decent supporting cast of pass-catchers to help keep defenses honest. You can double AB, and then watch Bell go for 25/140/1 and 5/40/1 on you.

 

I haven't watched OBJ much prior to this year (this is my 2nd year in FF and I'm more of a college football guy otherwise), and this year only watched because I've got Engram. But again, while Eli isn't the best QB in the league, he's not a rookie Kizer. He's had other supporting WR around him that helped him produce. He's had better OL in the past than NYG has now, and that's made the running game for the Giants better than it was this year. Had OBJ stayed healthy this year, I think doubling him to contain him would have been the right answer to beating the Giants. I'll bet with the way this year was shaping up, OBJ would have been a bottom-end WR1 or top-end WR2 this year. 

 

Gordon has the advantage of a decent OL (but not as good as it was with Joe Thomas). He's got a mediocre running game around him. He's got a pretty good WR on the other side in Coleman, but he's got a rookie QB that hasn't really had time to develop a strong rapport with either Coleman due to injuries or Gordon due to suspension. I think opposing defensive coordinators may say "sell out to stop Gordon, and we stop the Browns offense."

 

Gordon't an undeniable talent. But that defensive mentality is probably the difference between 5-60-0 and 8-140-1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Wont matter, doesnt obj draw double teams? Does AB draw double teams?

 

 

Both of them have good QB's who can make throws in tight windows or place the ball where they can make a play. What i'm betting on is Hue &Co design some plays to get Gordon the ball that Kizer can't screw up. Even the Giants had to move OBJ around the route tree to create mismatches and get him going. We have seen how the Falcons allow Julio to be a decoy to open it up for other players like Sanu/gabriel or a rb or TE.

We don't have a history of how the browns make in game adjustments with a talent like Gordon.  We do know that they will sit their QB during a game for bad play. I'm betting they make the right adjustments to make Gordon productive when needed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bwarbiany said:

 

AB has a future HOF QB, a solid offensive line, one of the best RBs in the league, and a decent supporting cast of pass-catchers to help keep defenses honest. You can double AB, and then watch Bell go for 25/140/1 and 5/40/1 on you.

 

I haven't watched OBJ much prior to this year (this is my 2nd year in FF and I'm more of a college football guy otherwise), and this year only watched because I've got Engram. But again, while Eli isn't the best QB in the league, he's not a rookie Kizer. He's had other supporting WR around him that helped him produce. He's had better OL in the past than NYG has now, and that's made the running game for the Giants better than it was this year. Had OBJ stayed healthy this year, I think doubling him to contain him would have been the right answer to beating the Giants. I'll bet with the way this year was shaping up, OBJ would have been a bottom-end WR1 or top-end WR2 this year. 

 

Gordon has the advantage of a decent OL (but not as good as it was with Joe Thomas). He's got a mediocre running game around him. He's got a pretty good WR on the other side in Coleman, but he's got a rookie QB that hasn't really had time to develop a strong rapport with either Coleman due to injuries or Gordon due to suspension. I think opposing defensive coordinators may say "sell out to stop Gordon, and we stop the Browns offense."

 

Gordon't an undeniable talent. But that defensive mentality is probably the difference between 5-60-0 and 8-140-1.

 

I understand now. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dashoe said:

 

Both of them have good QB's who can make throws in tight windows or place the ball where they can make a play. What i'm betting on is Hue &Co design some plays to get Gordon the ball that Kizer can't screw up. Even the Giants had to move OBJ around the route tree to create mismatches and get him going. We have seen how the Falcons allow Julio to be a decoy to open it up for other players like Sanu/gabriel or a rb or TE.

We don't have a history of how the browns make in game adjustments with a talent like Gordon.  We do know that they will sit their QB during a game for bad play. I'm betting they make the right adjustments to make Gordon productive when needed.

 

 

We do have an idea of how Hue used AJ Green. 

 

It looked like that last sunday. 11 targets, deep shots, slants, in routes, red zone looks. Not sure what else there is ti see.

 

He could throw josh some bubble screens but his useage last week screams WR1.

 

I get that Kizer is a bad passer but with 12 targets you can get used to 6-8 catches from Josh.

 

1st week back has to have the least chemistry they will have the rest of the season. No where to go but up.

 

Nobodt bringing up this is a home game for the Browns? They will be going nuts when josh scores on sunday....and so will i. He will do better than AJ Green this week, 75% confident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seanismorris said:

You realize you put Kizer’s completion percentage (63.6%) above some potential HOF QBs?

 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/completion-percentage

 

 

 

Those are season-long completion percentages - and not sure the relevance.   Just because his season completion % has not been good, doesn’t mean he couldn’t have one game where one receiver is better than that.  I mean saying Njoku might get 3 receptions on 3 targets doesn’t mean we are saying Kizer will complete 100% of his passes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

We do have an idea of how Hue used AJ Green. 

 

It looked like that last sunday. 11 targets, deep shots, slants, in routes, red zone looks. Not sure what else there is ti see.

 

He could throw josh some bubble screens but his useage last week screams WR1.

 

I get that Kizer is a bad passer but with 12 targets you can get used to 6-8 catches from Josh.

 

1st week back has to have the least chemistry they will have the rest of the season. No where to go but up.

 

Nobodt bringing up this is a home game for the Browns? They will be going nuts when josh scores on sunday....and so will i. He will do better than AJ Green this week, 75% confident.

75% confident??  Your not a true Gordonite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, patsspytech said:

 

GET THIS MAN JOELIOLI A BEER!!!

Well... it’s true Savage is almost as bad a Kizer, but he’s also averaging 40 passes a game in the last 5 games.

 

The game plan for Kizer seems to be 32.

 

My point is don’t expect 10 catches for Gordon.  Also Savage is somewhat accurate when given time, Kizer isn’t.

 

All I’m saying is the ceiling for Gordon is lower than Julio, Green, Hopkins, AB, etc.

 

I do expect a top 10 performance for Gordon this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

We do have an idea of how Hue used AJ Green. 

 

It looked like that last sunday. 11 targets, deep shots, slants, in routes, red zone looks. Not sure what else there is ti see.

 

He could throw josh some bubble screens but his useage last week screams WR1.

 

I get that Kizer is a bad passer but with 12 targets you can get used to 6-8 catches from Josh.

 

1st week back has to have the least chemistry they will have the rest of the season. No where to go but up.

 

Nobodt bringing up this is a home game for the Browns? They will be going nuts when josh scores on sunday....and so will i. He will do better than AJ Green this week, 75% confident.

 

There's no rationalizing with dashoe. He just spent all day arguing with me that Chicago is an equally difficult matchup for Gordon and that we should expect worse things from Gordon vs. the Bears........lololololol

 

Gordon is legit and we all know why, ELITE TALENT!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

 

There's no rationalizing with dashoe. He just spent all day arguing with me that Chicago is an equally difficult matchup for Gordon and that we should expect worse things from Gordon vs. the Bears........lololololol

 

Gordon is legit and we all know why, ELITE TALENT!!!!!

 

 

Sorry buddy I never stated anything of the sort but given your comprehension level I can understand why you would make a misleading statement about me. I gave you a alternative perspective from your overly simplistic rationale based that you based on a flawed premise. Nice try attempting to create a false narrative. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna try and predict the final line, but I’m calling this right now:

 

Gordon will have two highlight reel, gif worthy touchdowns this week, with at least one going for over 50 yards. He’ll finish as this week’s WR1. 

 

 

RouteMin.gif

 

BalanceCin.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MBarbarian said:

Not gonna try and predict the final line, but I’m calling this right now:

 

Gordon will have two highlight reel, gif worthy touchdowns this week, with at least one going for over 50 yards. He’ll finish as this week’s WR1. 

 

 

RouteMin.gif

 

BalanceCin.gif

Those were some nice passes.  Kizer just needs to put it where Gordon can catch it.

 

It must be a strange feeling in the locker room, where everyone (including the placekicker) is looking at Kizer and thinking “I can throw better than this guy”.

 

Some people are projecting the Browns will beat the Packers... fingers crossed, it’s not by a bunch of field goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joelioli said:

If Hopkins can be a WR1 with Savage, Gordon can as well with Kizer. 

 

If Gordon got the 12-16 targets per game that hopkins gets he would be the overall wr1

Link to post
Share on other sites

http://m.packers.com/news/article/damarious-randall-ready-to-play-wherever-the-team-needs-me-c799687b-e9fc-4f18-b4e1-bd9786b48068

 

The Packer’s secondary is a mess right now. They just put their top corner on IR today, and now their best corner, Damarious Randall, happens to be one of the worst graded cornerbacks in the NFL per PFF...and he’s coming off injury. 

 

Josh Gordon has a diary. It’s called the NFL Record Book. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What amazes me is that Gordon had these incredible, athletic performances while drunk. Imagine what he can do sober? 

 

I’m so excited about this kid.  Feels like we won the lottery. ?. Can’t wait to watch him this weekend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From this weeks Start ‘Em or Sit ‘Em... 

 

 

“Gordon is one of the closest things we have to Randy Moss right now and is a threat for overall WR1 status anytime he takes the field. Kizer is even in play as an ultra-cheap DFS streamer. The Browns could win this one outright.”

 

 

finally roto wrote something I can agree with 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MBarbarian said:

Not gonna try and predict the final line, but I’m calling this right now:

 

Gordon will have two highlight reel, gif worthy touchdowns this week, with at least one going for over 50 yards. He’ll finish as this week’s WR1. 

 

 

RouteMin.gif

 

BalanceCin.gif

YES!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Sorry buddy I never stated anything of the sort but given your comprehension level I can understand why you would make a misleading statement about me. I gave you a alternative perspective from your overly simplistic rationale based that you based on a flawed premise. Nice try attempting to create a false narrative. :lol:

Gordon is elite and that's that. Julio just proved over the last 2 weeks how much an elite talent's point totals can still fluctuate. I definitely believe Gordon is a top 10 talent without a doubt in his current state. Pair him with an elite QB and we are talking top 2 or 3, F it, he would be numbero uno. Book it.

Regardless, he is a great asset and I love having him on my teams in the playoffs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reflecting back on his return, it's pretty dam inspirational. Granted he's gifted af, but how often do guys turn themselves around like this and come back looking [dare I say?] better than when they had left?

 

Not to mention it wasn't just months or a year later, but threeee years. He could have just as easily gone the way of Leaf, Jamarcus, or Blackmon, but he figured it out. Even checking himself into rehab right before his suspension was up last year. Whether or not he was pressured by the Browns, it's that he actually did it.

 

I really hope he makes the naysayers eat their words the rest of the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...