NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

ponza88

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, clintrad4 said:

what team is Gordon going to next year?  It's not the Browns unless they decide to shower him with money which is doubtful.  1st instinct is to say Patriots because Gronk seems like a good influence on him ... right?  Luck or Brees could use another target at WR though.

49ers, Colts(If Hilton leaves), Panthers, 

i think colts could use them both, hilton running slot routes a lot, other two, great mentions .. 49ers want to splash and it's a good spot for him with Garcon being the underneath guy if healthy.  Panthers have no one and Cam will lobby for him I bet.  Samuel is a good complimentary piece.

39 minutes ago, clintrad4 said:

what team is Gordon going to next year?  It's not the Browns unless they decide to shower him with money which is doubtful.  1st instinct is to say Patriots because Gronk seems like a good influence on him ... right?  Luck or Brees could use another target at WR though.

This has been discussed before (118 pages, easy to miss), but Gordon isn't a free agent next year. If he plays, he's playing for the Browns (or traded). He's not an unrestricted free agent until 2020. Short explanation: suspensions prolong contracts. Long explanation: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/12/4/16735148/how-long-do-the-browns-control-the-rights-to-josh-gordon.

Edited by Kaytwo

43 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

GOD NO to the 49ers.

They're one of the better options in the league.

No one would be a threat and their coach is extremely offensive minded. Their QB is also solid. Better situation than Carolina where their QB has an over/under of 3,500 yards and 20 TDs.

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

They're one of the better options in the league.

No one would be a threat and their coach is extremely offensive minded. Their QB is also solid. Better situation than Carolina where their QB has an over/under of 3,500 yards and 20 TDs.

I don't think pairing Shannahan (who has a huge ego and a known a**hole) with Gordon (who's in a fragile state right now) is a recipe for success...

I do not think that's a Win/Win scenario.

14 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

I don't think pairing Shannahan (who has a huge ego and a known a**hole) with Gordon (who's in a fragile state right now) is a recipe for success...

I do not think that's a Win/Win scenario.

I don't think Gordon is in a fragile state

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

I don't think Gordon is in a fragile state

He's had an addiction problem dating back to College and just turned it around by going to rehab... yet he isn't in a fragile state?

Okay lol.

Edited by ponza88

Again, due to suspensions and how seasons accrue:

Josh Gordon

2018 -- Exclusive Rights Free Agent: For $790,000, the Browns control Josh Gordon's rights in 2018. No brainer.

2019 -- Restricted Free Agent: Browns try to negotiate long term deal. Failing that, they slap a 1st round tender on him, hope nobody bites.

2020 -- Unrestricted Free Agent: Assuming elite play and still sober, Browns try to negotiate a long term deal. Failing that, they franchise tag. Considering they gave Kenny Britt $10.5m to not play football, giving Josh Gordon ~$16m to play makes (too much) sense.

All of which is to say, Josh Gordon is playing for the Browns in 2018. He's probably playing for the Browns in 2019. And he's probably still playing for them in 2020. So unless he's traded, the only question that matters is how he'll perform on the Browns.

8 minutes ago, Kaytwo said:

Again, due to suspensions and how seasons accrue:

Josh Gordon

2018 -- Exclusive Rights Free Agent: For $790,000, the Browns control Josh Gordon's rights in 2018. No brainer.

2019 -- Restricted Free Agent: Browns try to negotiate long term deal. Failing that, they slap a 1st round tender on him, hope nobody bites.

2020 -- Unrestricted Free Agent: Assuming elite play and still sober, Browns try to negotiate a long term deal. Failing that, they franchise tag. Considering they gave Kenny Britt $10.5m to not play football, giving Josh Gordon ~$16m to play makes (too much) sense.

All of which is to say, Josh Gordon is playing for the Browns in 2018. He's probably playing for the Browns in 2019. And he's probably still playing for them in 2020. So unless he's traded, the only question that matters is how he'll perform on the Browns.

They might sign him but decide to trade him to a team who wants the risk this off season

10 minutes ago, MyDawgggg said:

I can't believe there has been this much discussion on what team he will go to. Go look up his contract or read previous comments, I came here to relish in the outlooks for this weekend and instead a bunch of where will "Free Agent" Josh Gordon go? *face palm*

4 hours ago, Flyers_28 said:

not sure if its been posted since this moves so quick but here are his targets 

which one of you guys made this vid ? 

This was great and nice way pass some time at work too

Hopefully we can ride this guy to a championship! I'm rolling him out there as my flex but he is WR1 level (got green and hopkins)

Hue Jackson described Josh Gordon's return like opening a present on Christmas day. Stay sober, and he has franchise altering talent. If he's going anywhere, it's down the road to Canton in a decade.

Can't wait to watch him explode this weekend.

Edited by Kaytwo