NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

ponza88

4 hours ago, clintrad4 said:

what team is Gordon going to next year?  It's not the Browns unless they decide to shower him with money which is doubtful.  1st instinct is to say Patriots because Gronk seems like a good influence on him ... right?  Luck or Brees could use another target at WR though.

browns have him locked up cheap thru 2019

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, whadeeb said:

Your being conservative

12-280-3

Last week being his floor, he'll turn those 11+ targets into 7-180-2, in a potentially high scoring game. Somewhat conservative and that's only because I think the Browns will find some success on the ground, too.

16 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Last week being his floor, he'll turn those 11+ targets into 7-180-2, in a potentially high scoring game. Somewhat conservative and that's only because I think the Browns will find some success on the ground, too.

Really though, if he gets 7-180-2 ill be ecstatic

Edited by whadeeb

Im just going to throw this out there so you guys keep your expectations in check. This game is huge for the packers. As much of a none threat they are on defense. If I had to bet money. McCarthy is going to do everything he can to take gordon out of the game. The packers need to win this for rodgers to come back and get a shot at the playoffs. I wouldn't expect a monster game. Maybe something like last week is reasonable. But to expect a blowout isn't. 

2 hours ago, TTo34 said:

Guys, I know it's cool to dream and all.  But there's literally not a snowball's chance in hell that the Browns trade Gordon.  It would take a peach of a deal for the thought to even be entertained.

Well the Brows don't exactly have the best history of personnel decisions...

If the Browns don't believe in his newfound sobriety they should trade him and his team friendly contract during the off season while he is sober, healthy and un suspended. They can get a 1st round pick for this guy and that's the low end of what they can get. 

46 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Im just going to throw this out there so you guys keep your expectations in check. This game is huge for the packers. As much of a none threat they are on defense. If I had to bet money. McCarthy is going to do everything he can to take gordon out of the game. The packers need to win this for rodgers to come back and get a shot at the playoffs. I wouldn't expect a monster game. Maybe something like last week is reasonable. But to expect a blowout isn't. 

Mccarthy is not Belichick who always seems to take the other teams top player out of the game.  Not saying Gordon will go crazy but Green Bay secondary is in shambles.  Unless you have 3 top 10 options don't know how you can sit Gordon.

18 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Mccarthy is not Belichick who always seems to take the other teams top player out of the game.  Not saying Gordon will go crazy but Green Bay secondary is in shambles.  Unless you have 3 top 10 options don't know how you can sit Gordon.

Im not saying to sit him. I don't own him. Im just saying my opinion is he will be somewhat limited to the best ability of mccarthy and the packers. Im starting the packers D for now. And I'm thinking twice about it myself. But I just think theres so much on the line for the packers. To let the browns run them would make mccarthy look like a huge idiot.

Edited by StevenSC400

5 hours ago, youngrice said:

Top corner added to the list of inactives this week.

Edited by this guy right here

6 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Im not saying to sit him. I don't own him. Im just saying my opinion is he will be somewhat limited to the best ability of mccarthy and the packers. Im starting the packers D for now. And I'm thinking twice about it myself. But I just think theres so much on the line for the packers. To let the browns run them would make mccarthy look like a huge idiot.

Way too late for that.

7 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Doubt it. That defensive backfield is a liability

9 hours ago, TTo34 said:

Guys, I know it's cool to dream and all.  But there's literally not a snowball's chance in hell that the Browns trade Gordon.  It would take a peach of a deal for the thought to even be entertained.

Probably best to state it as no team would pay the amount of capital required to get Josh Gordon. This way people may stop positioning it as what the browns would or wouldnt do. 

7 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

I think it's easier for the pack to scheme a way to take Kizer out of the game. He is the weakest link and you can confuse and rattle him into making mistakes. The pack can win the game by forcing him to turnover the ball or go 3 and out

6 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

If the Browns don't believe in his newfound sobriety they should trade him and his team friendly contract during the off season while he is sober, healthy and un suspended. They can get a 1st round pick for this guy and that's the low end of what they can get. 

You've definitely been drinking too much of the Kool-Aid. There isn't a team in their right mind giving up more than a 3rd, let alone a 1st as the "low end." He's one test away from being out of the league for life. No team is going to take that risk and no team is going to give him a huge contract knowing that. He's a WR, perhaps the least important position on the field. Brandon Marshall in his prime went for two 2nds, and he didn't have near the issues Gordon does. Gordon doesn't have the value you think he does, and he will be staying in Cleveland.  

11 hours ago, itschief33 said:

San Fran would be a cool fantasy landing spot. Jimmy G looking more than competent with no weapons other than Goodwin. Hyde probably out. They’ll be looking to surround Jimbo w some talent. JG to JG

I don't think any team residing in a Legal Weed state could possibly trade for Gordon.  He's one strike away from permaban and when you can get killa herb delivered to your door faster than a pizza....its just not a good fit.

P.S. it is awesome though!!

3 hours ago, smetana34 said:

You've definitely been drinking too much of the Kool-Aid. There isn't a team in their right mind giving up more than a 3rd, let alone a 1st as the "low end." He's one test away from being out of the league for life. No team is going to take that risk and no team is going to give him a huge contract knowing that. He's a WR, perhaps the least important position on the field. Brandon Marshall in his prime went for two 2nds, and he didn't have near the issues Gordon does. Gordon doesn't have the value you think he does, and he will be staying in Cleveland.  

No way anyone is giving up a first for Gordon. Maybe someone would swap picks like a 17th for 20th but no way anyone would give up the 15th pick outright for a guy with his track record. 

3 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

NYG 2018 ... please?

I like your thinking..OBJ and Gordon....insert Vince McMahon gif

Unfortunately, a few issues will prevent this:

1. Giants will look to get back to the traditional way of doing business. John Mara basically said this in his own unique way. That will be getting leaders and captains with clean records on board especially since the organization took a beating this year both on and off the field.

2. New GM, new Coach will look to make a big splash, but I don't think a controversial one based on the above.

3. Organization still cant get their hands wrapped around Odell. They still haven't even signed him to a long term contract yet because of the worry of how volatile he can be. There's a chance new GM will sign him right away or there is a chance they wash there hands. It all depends on who they pick.

4. As with any situation, Gordon is one and done and I think that will play more heavily with a team like the Giants than any other organizations. Going back to #1.

Do I wish it will happen though. Damn right! LOL!