NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

ponza88

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, smetana34 said:

You've definitely been drinking too much of the Kool-Aid. There isn't a team in their right mind giving up more than a 3rd, let alone a 1st as the "low end." He's one test away from being out of the league for life. No team is going to take that risk and no team is going to give him a huge contract knowing that. He's a WR, perhaps the least important position on the field. Brandon Marshall in his prime went for two 2nds, and he didn't have near the issues Gordon does. Gordon doesn't have the value you think he does, and he will be staying in Cleveland.  

Good point

Josh Gordon out-scores Julio Jones in the fantasy playoffs. Sure, it’s trendy, but it’s also a very possible outcome considering Jones has to face the Saints twice in the next three weeks. That means he’ll likely see shadow coverage from standout rookie CB Marshone Lattimore in both contests. Meanwhile, Gordon is coming off double-digit targets in his debut and should continue to get the rock from the big-armed DeShone Kizer.”
– Jeff Ratcliffe (Pro Football Focus)

Josh Gordon will be a top 7 WR through the playoffs. Many will look at his schedule and shy away considering he plays BAL and CHI weeks 15/16, however, the Ravens just lost Jimmy Smith for the season and Gordon was able to produce in his first game back against one of the top corners in the league (Casey Hayward). Look for a top 5 finish from Josh in Week 14 against the Packers and for him to be on a healthy percentage of fantasy football championship rosters this season.”
– KJ (Fantasy Team Advice)

30 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Gordon top 5 WR in drafts next season?

Depends on how the offseason plays out. If he were to meet the "realistic" projections that people have for him over the next few weeks and everything remains relative with other fantasy players, I would say emphatically yes.

Edited by nonstopfan

37 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Gordon top 5 WR in drafts next season?

i think he should be top 5 but I think people are going to find a reason why he should slip namely addiction risk, shortened 2017 season, QB issues and it's the Browns.

11 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

In the discussion. Probably goes AB, OBJ, Julio, AJG, Hopkins, Evans, Thomas, Gordon, Allen, Jordy for me 

hmmm....you don't think more along the lines of...

AB, OBJ, Julio, Gordon, Hopkins, AJG, Allen, Evans, Thomas

I would easily put him ahead of the inconsistent AJG. Hopkins target share and a returning Watson would give him a run for his money at 4, but that's about it. I personally don't like the way Julio gets utilized, so Gordon would sneak in the top 3 for me. No way would I take Evans nor Thomas over Gordon if everything plays out they way that we expect it to. And this is ONLY if Big Ben and Eli are returning. Again, it's not hard to fathom a scenario where Gordon could be top dog.

Edited by nonstopfan

14 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

In the discussion. Probably goes AB, OBJ, Julio, AJG, Hopkins, Evans, Thomas, Gordon, Allen, Jordy for me 

AB, Hopkins, OBJ, Thomas, AJG, Gordon, Julio, Allan, Evans, Jordy, T. Hill, Hilton.

Gordon could move up or down depending on the QB...

Edited by seanismorris

7 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

I would place it AB-Hopkins-Gordon-Allen based purely what I think target volume will be not who i think is the better wr or has the better QB,team, system etc.

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I would place it AB-Hopkins-Gordon-Allen based purely what I think target volume will be not who i think is the better wr or has the better QB,team, system etc.

You could move these guys all over the place, I (for example) favor reliability.  That’s not true for everyone...

Julio may put up more points than Gordon, but I find his boom bust annoying.

Gordon in the top 3 is a reach, at least I don’t think he’ll be drafted that high even if the QB situation improves.

Edited by seanismorris

51 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

You could move these guys all over the place, I (for example) favor reliability.  That’s not true for everyone...

Julio may put up more points than Gordon, but I find his boom bust annoying.

Gordon in the top 3 is a reach, at least I don’t think he’ll be drafted that high even if the QB situation improves.

I hope he isnt drafted that high because i wlll take him in the 2nd and draft rb's rest of the way, looking for my wr2 end of draft or off the waiver

Just now, Gohawks said:

Enjoy Julios one 30+ point game followed by single digits for the rest of the reason.

Don't get how, after this season, anyone can rank Julio in the top 10, let alone top 5. 

OBJ, Gordon, AJG, Allen, Jordy, Brown, Hill, Hopkins, Hilton and Thomas I would all take over Julio next season. Especially if they keep the same OC.

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Don't get how, after this season, anyone can rank Julio in the top 10, let alone top 5. 

OBJ, Gordon, AJG, Allen, Jordy, Brown, Hill, Hopkins, Hilton and Thomas I would all take over Julio next season. Especially if they keep the same OC.

The position is insanely inconsistent. That's why I can say Gordon top 3 with a straight face. A part of me wants him to slow down this season so he can drop outside the top 20. Then with an entire off season and potential new QB he will put up RB like consistency. 

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

1. Brown 2. Gordon 3. Hopkins 

Everyone else

2 and 3 are interchangeable. 

I like hopkins but Gordon is a better Wr across the board. hopkins is unquestionably an elite wr but creates alot of his separation like a power forward does he pushes off and then he out jumps you to make his catch. Gordon breaks the press with ease and he can either out quick , out jump, over power or outrun  you. There are so many ways he can create separation and then his ability to run after the catch is right theres with AB.  Give Gordon the same volume  from a decent QB that AB and hopkins get and he would be the statistical #1 wr in the NFL and fantasy

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I won’t be drafting Julio in the 1st round either.  Even before his year I’ve gotten tired of owning him.

RB in the first round, Gordon in the 2nd (hopefully).  

If he’s not still available Hill, Hilton, or Thielen (this was a good addition to the list made by another poster).

I still like the WRs available in the 2nd.  Gordon though has the most upside, is the most likely to fall, and most likely to become an extreme bargain.

I like the Watson/Hopkins stack...  the more I think of it Hopkins should be the first WR drafted.  There is quite a bit of QB risk with the others in the top 10.  I don’t see how anyone can rank Gordon first without QB clarity.

That’s enough for me commenting on rankings.  Have fun, and I hope Gordon blows up this week!

47 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I like hopkins but Gordon is a better Wr across the board. hopkins is unquestionably an elite wr but creates alot of his separation like a power forward does he pushes off and then he out jumps you to make his catch. Gordon breaks the press with ease and he can either out quick , out jump, over power or outrun  you. There are so many ways he can create separation and then his ability to run after the catch is right theres with AB.  Give Gordon the same volume  from a decent QB that AB and hopkins get and he would be the statistical #1 wr in the NFL and fantasy

I agree but the difference is Watson is one hell of a QB. Kizer is a bum. We will see this offseason how things unfold.

Tough to pass Brown though. His consistency is otherworldly