NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

ponza88

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

This thread is going to be hilarious when Capers throws a double on him and kizer is throwing into 20 mph winds when he can barely make a throw in 0mph wind 

Wasn't Kizer the QB when Gordon became the only player other than OBJ to hit 85 yards against the Chargers?

NlWGQ.gif

4 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

Wasn't Kizer the QB when Gordon became the only player other than OBJ to hit 85 yards against the Chargers?

NlWGQ.gif

Key word 20 mph winds in freezing temperatures.  That will surely end well.  He caught 4 of 11 targets in perfect conditions.  The hell you think is Gona happen tomorrow in dreary Cleveland with the wind whipping. Kizer is an absolute bum in perfect weather 

everyone here is ignoring that bc OMFG OMG GORDON OMG GOAT OMG HES SO COOL The complaining after this game is going to be hilarious 

Edited by NyMetsfan5

3 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Key word 20 mph winds in freezing temperatures.  That will surely end well.  He caught 4 of 11 targets in perfect conditions.  The hell you think is Gona happen tomorrow in dreary Cleveland with the wind whipping. Kizer is an absolute bum in perfect weather 

everyone here is ignoring that bc OMFG OMG GORDON OMG GOAT OMG HES SO COOL The complaining after this game is going to be hilarious 

I'm seeing temperatures around 30 degrees and winds around 16-17. In other words, football weather. Another week of practice with those two helps as well. You are overreacting and seem to be motivated by a healthy dose of haterade.

12 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

The wind will help push an under-thrown ball to Gordon or slow  down an over-thrown one.

7 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

I'm seeing temperatures around 30 degrees and winds around 16-17. In other words, football weather. Another week of practice with those two helps as well. You are overreacting and seem to be motivated by a healthy dose of haterade.

Yeah a week of practice helps kizers horrendous accuracy    Whatever you say bro 

Packers CB Davon House (shoulder) is listed as doubtful for Week 14 against the Browns.

House matched up with Mike Evans last week and likely would have given Josh Gordon the same treatment this week, so his absence is a blow, particularly after the Packers already placed CB Kevin King on injured reserve.

18 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

8/173/2

32 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Funny how when it was announcd he was reinstated the thread was flooded with swarm of naysayers like locusts who said he would be terrible  and washed up and the drug abuse jokes were constant . When it was announced he would we starting against the chargers the thread was flooded with nayssayers who said he would be a dud and he hasnt dne anything since 2013. 

After the chargers game the naysayers vanished save all but a few.

The survivors have adapted like cockroaches and are now bashing Kizer because they think it's safer than stepping directly into the Holy Light of Josh.

You guys are a dying species :D

Edited by dashoe

26 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

I'd say it's more of a vocal minority hating on him. They won't be around by the end of the season.

We’ll be just fine, but thanks for the concern.  Not a hater and was very impressed by his first game back since 2014 but let’s not get crazy. There will be many, many championship winners who don’t own Gordon.   There are no sure things with Kizer at QB.  

3 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Don't get how, after this season, anyone can rank Julio in the top 10, let alone top 5. 

OBJ, Gordon, AJG, Allen, Jordy, Brown, Hill, Hopkins, Hilton and Thomas I would all take over Julio next season. Especially if they keep the same OC.

Because something is clearly wrong with Ryan and/or the play-calling. JJ is not utilized as much as AB, that much is clear. But JJ is easily top ten...I don't put a wholel ot into a bad 2017. Why? JJ is an athletic freak with size and great hands. He just needs to be more involved.

Accuweather at firstenergy shows game time temp being 33 with 20 mph winds and 23 mph gusts that will last through out the game. 

It’s not supreme conditions but tbh as a Gordon owner, I would rather have 8 of his 11 attempts thrown on slants and outs and higher percentage throws giving him a chance to show his athleticism rather than hoping for a 40 yard down field catch. I like the higher percentage passes.

Hes in my line up and I hope he can have a reasonable return. 

Edited by Zekepeak86

2 hours ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

You do know that Gordon can run a full route tree so they can scheme to get him the ball where kizer  throwing is not affected by the wind. :o

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

You do know that Gordon can run a full route tree so they can scheme to get him the ball where kizer  throwing is not affected by the wind. :o

You do know that Kizer is absolute trash and a route tree doesn’t effect that right

15 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

You do know that Kizer is absolute trash and a route tree doesn’t effect that right

I think he is a terrible QB. I  have made plenty of posts in thi thread stating so. He is the weakest link in the offense and he cripples Gordons value. however the OC should be able to scheme plays for Gordon even Kizer can't screw up even if he has to bring him closer to the line of scrimmage

1 hour ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

What a ridiculously dumb comment.

There is a reason that a team throws a ton of slants and screens when a backup comes in. They're easy to throw. If you can run a complete route tree you can get more of the easy targets. With high winds you can expect more slants and screens because throwing the ball 40 yards in the air allows the wind to manipulate it too much. 

6/145/2 may be wrong if the wind is that high so you are correct

15/180/2

4 hours ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

He's gonna catch 5 of 15 targets.

For 100 yards and a touchdown.

Edited by addicted2ff

2 hours ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Yeah a week of practice helps kizers horrendous accuracy    Whatever you say bro 

Don’t you wish you could go back 6 weeks and pickup JG or maybe trade for him? That way you wouldn’t  have to waste your time bashing him because your missing out on the fun.

Kizer and the possibility for high winds does worry me but Gordon has the talent to take one to the house from anywhere on the field.  I think he will hit his 12-13 point PPR projection and I’m fine with that out of my flex spot but everyone knows he has a shot to go 8/130/2. 

Gimme his talent + 10-12 targets and I’m all in. Unless your team is stacked I can’t imagine someone having a better flex option then Gordon. 

Keep drinking the haterade bud but just remember, you can always draft him next year.