NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

ponza88

2 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

6 targets. Josh Great needs more than that. What happened after first drive?

Coleman got the other 6 targets. The reality is Kizer is not a good enough QB to win a game when you need him to. 28 pass attempts in a game where you needed to step up in the second half to win is just pathetic for a QB.  Hundley had like 45 pass attempts and made the critical throws when needed to win. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Coleman got the other 6 targets. The reality is Kizer is not a good enough QB to win a game when you need him to. 28 pass attempts in a game where you needed to step up in the second half to win is just pathetic for a QB.  Hundley had like 45 pass attempts and made the critical throws when needed to win. 

To be fair they were up most of the game and had a lot of success running the ball. I don't think they'll have that type of game script most weeks.

29 minutes ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

Maybe if everyone in this thread shuts up in the preseason next year his hype levels won’t push him into being a first round pick.

Everyone needs to cool their jets so we can pick him up for a steal next year.

?

Too late.  He's already going #1 in 2019 mock drafts.

7 hours ago, reichl555 said:

Really?!  He had an average game.  He didn’t blow up  like everyone is saying in here against “The Worst Secondary in football.”  Talk to me when he blows up.

15.9 points from a waiver wire pick.  Which would be good for a top 10 average at WR.  Pick another battle that makes sense.

9 minutes ago, youngrice said:

15.9 points from a waiver wire pick.  Which would be good for a top 10 average at WR.  Pick another battle that makes sense.

I like what I saw from Gordon but here are some other WW picks that scored 12+ this week .. 

Tyrell Williams

Tyler Lockette

Keelan Cole

Dede Westbrook 

Paul Richardson

Corey Coleman 

Chris Moore

Kendall Wright 

:rolleyes:

Edited by JSA2422

5 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

I like what I saw from Gordon but here are some other WW picks that scored 12+ this week .. 

Tyrell Williams

Tyler Lockette

Keelan Cole

Dede Westbrook 

Paul Richardson

Corey Coleman 

Chris Moore

Kendall Wright 

True, but at least half of those guys nobody in their right mind would have started. Especially in a playoff matchup.

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

Start percentage on CBS

Tyrell Williams/ 3%

Tyler Lockette/ 4%

Keelan Cole/ 0%

Dede Westbrook / 11%

Paul Richardson/ 17%

Corey Coleman/ 7% 

Chris Moore/ 0%

Kendall Wright / 1%

None are owned in more then 35 percent of leagues.  Every week there are players that come out of nowhere and have good weeks.  Next week all take Gordon you can have anybody from that list.  I like my odds that Gordons outproduces him

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

That’s because we have 3 years invested in Hundley. Maybe 3 years from now Kizer can be mediocre like Hundley.

33 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Tyrell Williams

Tyler Lockette

Keelan Cole

Dede Westbrook 

Paul Richardson

Corey Coleman 

Chris Moore

Kendall Wright 

Great options in all hindsight Fantasy Football leagues.

34 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Tyrell Williams

Tyler Lockette

Keelan Cole

Dede Westbrook 

Paul Richardson

Corey Coleman 

Chris Moore

Kendall Wright 

There will always be random guys having good games. The key is finding the guys who can do it consistently. I KNOW Josh Gordon is one of those guys. Those guys on that list not so much.

6 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

Tyrell Williams

Tyler Lockette

Keelan Cole

Dede Westbrook 

Paul Richardson

Corey Coleman 

Chris Moore

Kendall Wright 

It looks like lots of other people have pointed this out already, but look at even a 2 or 3 game average from all those guys on your list and try to make a case for ever starting them in a 'normal' league.  If a player has one 20 point game surrounded by multiple sub-5 point games there's no way you can make a case for starting them.

Small sample size, but JG is averaging just over 14 PPR points per game, and has clearly been the #1 target in Cleveland since he came back.  It would have been nice for him to blow up this week, but getting 15.9 from your WR3 / Flex that you picked up off the WW is pretty darn good.  He's certainly not losing anyone their week.

6 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

Tyrell Williams

Tyler Lockette

Keelan Cole

Dede Westbrook 

Paul Richardson

Corey Coleman 

Chris Moore

Kendall Wright 

only one on that list that has a shot at consistency given the playoff schedule and target volume  is Dede westbrook

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Once the Browns went up two TDs the NFL called from NY and told the officials to "Do not let the Packers lose this game." They lose they are out. Then, the NFL loses the Aaron Rodgers story line. So this was happening all game. 

Personally I completely buy that the NFL influences the outcomes of games, especially in a year where all the talk is of losing fans/money left and right. What better story line to create than Arog coming back so fast from injury, winning out and making the playoffs? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see them making a deep run. 

However, if they really were holding him "all day", there should be more than 2 plays to use as evidence.