NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

ponza88

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

only one on that list that has a shot at consistency given the playoff schedule and target volume  is Dede westbrook

I'm not commenting on JGs prospects, just the stupidity of the quoted post that highlighted JG coming from the WW and scoring 15 points this week as a point and labeled it 'good for top 10'. I'd take JG over all those folks, if I wouldn't, than I wouldn't waste my time in this thread. As I mentioned repeatedly before, Kizer is a tough thing to overcome despite JG's ability. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Kizer:

1) He's a rookie still getting adjusted to the speed of the NFL

2) He was below average on deep balls in college anyway (~35% completion rate on 20+ yard attempts)

3) Him and Josh have barely practiced together

Just some random observations. Obviously Josh is still a must start despite all of this.

7 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Several disadvantages? Is that a shot at Kizer??

It's people like you that take things out of context for no reason.

Player 1: "I think we could've done a better job as a team"

Everyone like you: "Player 1 says coach needs to do a better job or just quit"

1 hour ago, Born Sinner said:

It's people like you that take things out of context for no reason.

Player 1: "I think we could've done a better job as a team"

Everyone like you: "Player 1 says coach needs to do a better job or just quit"

It's a good inference, IMO. He's talking about his match up with the CB...what other disadvantages would he be talking about? It's a FF board, all we do here is jump to conclusions.

What did the other guy say anyway?

Yeah I've never watched a game that made me question the league so much. Obviously the Packers in the playoffs is a huge plus.

There was the obvious 45 yard PI. There was the one where he basically had Gordon's arm fully hooked. I still think the one where he tripped over the guy is BS. I get the entire incidental contact but the dude was in his way. Then I remember at least 2 blatant holding calls including the one at the end.

Thats 4-5 plays just on Gordon that I caught not even trying to catch while guys that are there to watch for it don't see it? Bull****. Every single one of those I didn't even need the replay it was so obvious.

Edited by Gohawks

Of the  two games that Gordon played in, I’m seeing a lot of crying in here about the fantasy day he should have had b/c of overthrows, underthrows, holding that wasn’t called, PI that wasn’t called.  Well guess what, that’s fantasy football for you.  I can say that about every single player that’s on my roster.  Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...  I want to see results.  Not “Man,  if Kizer didn’t underthrow him on 2 plays he would have had 200 yds. and 2TDs”.  Well he didn’t.  Oh and the sunglasses that he put on after his TD catch,  Antonio Brown called, he wants them back.

Just now, reichl555 said:

Of the  two games that Gordon played in, I’m seeing a lot of crying in here about the fantasy day he should have had b/c of overthrows, underthrows, holding that wasn’t called, PI that wasn’t called.  Well guess what, that’s fantasy football for you.  I can say that about every single player that’s on my roster.  Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...  I want to see results.  Not “Man,  if Kizer didn’t underthrow him on 2 plays he would have had 200 yds. and 2TDs”.  Well he didn’t.  Oh and the sunglasses that he put on after his TD catch,  Antonio Brown called, he wants them back.

You keep on doing you! We all enjoy it.

Maybe you can get ANOTHER personal call-out by mod soon. 

5 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

I honestly kind of feel bad for you. Why someone would continue to hate on a man that hasn't played in years and out of nowhere has become a starter on most teams is beyond me.

We continue to point it out to show how incredible of a player Josh Gordon is. Believe it or not, not everything in football revolves around fantasy. Sometimes it's just absolutely incredible to witness a man not play football for years and then come out and dominate. The reality is, even on that 45 yard miss it doesn't take a good QB to make that throw. Hell, you don't even have to be average. A bad QB would have made that throw but Kizer is a special kind of bad. For most people, it's just amazing to see a guy not even get to practice with NFL teams for years and then come out and dominate corners so bad that they have to resort to hugging him and grabbing his arm. The reality is, if he was on a team like the Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, and a ton of other times he would have drawn AT LEAST 5 PI/holding the last two games. So when we watch him play he may not be getting points but it's still damn amazing to watch him do corners the way he does after so much time.

You're just beyond salty for some reason and cannot comprehend that.

2 hours ago, CamNewton said:

You'd think after what he's been through he would have matured. He seems like the same egotistical, cocky punk.

There aren't many WRs nowadays with that cocky OBJ or TO attitude. Flash is one of them. You like that!

3 hours ago, CamNewton said:

You'd think after what he's been through he would have matured. He seems like the same egotistical, cocky punk.

Personally I love it. Also think it shows great maturity that he refrained from directly referring to Kizer, the coaching staff or management when he mentioned "our disadvantages as a team.". Kizer being a rookie and possibly just not a good QB is really what's holding Gordon back. 

1 hour ago, reichl555 said:

Analyzing the missed opportunity of inaccurate passing is an indication of utilization, which means it helps in forecasting future uitlization and point projections.

You do realize this correct? :lol:

1 hour ago, reichl555 said:

Lol now we're criticizing him for his celebrations. Grasping at straws now. 2014 was 3 years ago, you should let it go already.

32 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Personally I love it. Also think it shows great maturity that he refrained from directly referring to Kizer, the coaching staff or management when he mentioned "our disadvantages as a team.". Kizer being a rookie and possibly just not a good QB is really what's holding Gordon back. 

I hope he was referring to the penalties not being called and not calling out anyone on the team.

Calling out your team, even indirectly, is not a sign of maturity.

You win and lose as a team.  Calling out your teammates and coaches is a good way to get yourself disliked by your teammates.

Also considering Hundley was their QB, not sure that could be considered a disadvantage.

1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

I hope he was referring to the penalties not being called and not calling out anyone on the team.

You win and lose as a team.  Calling out your teammates and coaches is a good way to get yourself disliked by your teammates.

Also considering Hundley was their QB, not sure that could be considered a disadvantage.

Hundley > Kizer and it's not close. Kizer looks like a 3rd string QB. His inaccuracy on the deep ball is absolutely atrocious. They should just leave Gordon wide open 50 yards down the field as a trap. Kizer will end up under throwing it by 20.

5 hours ago, CamNewton said:

You Take three years off and show us what you can do on an NFL field. What you see as arrogance is just confidence. I love his mindset.

Edited by Sticky2

2 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

Neither of us is in the locker room so we don't know what is happening in that situation. Being "called out" is simply a phrase. Another way to say it is "to be held accountable". Not sure what Gordon meant by that part of his tweet, but I do like the fact that he gave Randall a little shot to his ribs. He has no business pretending he could shut down Gordon. 

1 minute ago, pikerbkb said:

Neither of us is in the locker room so we don't know what is happening in that situation. Being "called out" is simply a phrase. Another way to say it is "to be held accountable". Not sure what Gordon meant by that part of his tweet, but I do like the fact that he gave Randall a little shot to his ribs. He has no business pretending he could shut down Gordon. 

He can shut him down when the NFL really needs Packers in the playoffs. 

10 hours ago, this guy right here said:

I don't have access to all the cameras on the filed that game. The NFL would never allow fans to see every angle, every game. The jig would be up. 

So then I assume you were at the game?