NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

11 hours ago, Bandito said:

Gohawks Express, waiting for the word..........

oregon-scenic-coast-steam-engine-train-o

Unfortunately usage, potential QB situation, and the current culture of the Browns is telling me that JG will be a better best-ball option next year than season-long asset.  He could potentially be a PPR monster on mid-field crosses and such but Hue Jackson just seems to want to throw very low percentage very deep fly routes to him.  It's great when he catches one of those 40+ yard bombs but he Kizer can only make 1 in 20 of those throws if he's lucky and even a better QB still wouldn't hit them reliably so it's a boom/bust dynamic.  His variability is going to be similar to Julioooooooooooooooooo! and maybe even a couple times worse.  He's a guy who is capable of a 40+ fantasy point game and might not break double digits the next week. Doesn't mean you shouldn't draft him but account for that in what pick you're willing to spend on him.  The risk that he could be a season long Top 10 WR but be a complete dud any given week (and potentially especially the fantasy playoffs) make him riskier than his "one more drug strike and you're out forever" concerns. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, jumper said:

Unfortunately usage, potential QB situation, and the current culture of the Browns is telling me that JG will be a better best-ball option next year than season-long asset.  He could potentially be a PPR monster on mid-field crosses and such but Hue Jackson just seems to want to throw very low percentage very deep fly routes to him.  It's great when he catches one of those 40+ yard bombs but he Kizer can only make 1 in 20 of those throws if he's lucky and even a better QB still wouldn't hit them reliably so it's a boom/bust dynamic.  His variability is going to be similar to Julioooooooooooooooooo! and maybe even a couple times worse.  He's a guy who is capable of a 40+ fantasy point game and might not break double digits the next week. Doesn't mean you shouldn't draft him but account for that in what pick you're willing to spend on him.  The risk that he could be a season long Top 10 WR but be a complete dud any given week (and potentially especially the fantasy playoffs) make him riskier than his "one more drug strike and you're out forever" concerns. 

Kizer won't be the QB next year. 

42 minutes ago, jumper said:

So I assume you won't be drafting Julio either.  Most if not all top ten WRs put up a complete dud once or twice or more per year.

Agree with the need for a new QB and I expect them to have one.  Having a freakishly talented WR on a bad team with a coach who loves to throw deep is a problem I'm happy to have.

5 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Kizer won't be the QB next year. 

If I was the Browns QB Gordon would do better than he does with Kizer.

Granted, my end of season stats would probably be something like 30% 1,300 yards 8 TDs and 30 interceptions.

However, Gordon would have 1,300 yards and 8 TDs.