NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/02/14/cleveland-browns-josh-gordon-2/

"Time to accept that Josh Gordon is not coming back - 

Cleveland Browns fans are still holding out hope that Josh Gordon is coming back. The reality is that his time with the club is clearly over."

BOOM.

16 minutes ago, GurleyBoy said:

End of last season I traded away Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry and Carson Wentz for Andrew Luck in my dynasty league.

This probably bodes well for owners of all three of those players I traded away.  lol

Sweet trade, takes some cajones on both sides! I like it :D

Now if Josh gets reinstated then signs with the Eagles it's on !

Where will he end up if he gets reinstated? :ph34r:

Suspended WR Josh Gordon will apply for reinstatement on Wednesday.

Gordon hasn't played since 2014, and it's becoming harder to believe he'll ever seriously commit to football. Applying for reinstatement is the most action he's seen with the NFL over the past couple years. Gordon's business manager is living with him and says Gordon is "in the best place mentally that he has been in dating back years before entering the NFL." Gordon entered rehab last September and was released from the program in late October. If he's reinstated -- a massive "if" -- the Browns aren't expected to welcome Gordon back.

I would think off the top of my head these teams would show interest:

Bears

Eagles

Titans

KC

Redskins

Baltimore

Bengals

Bills

Panthers

BUCS

Hawks

Niners

Choo Choo!

I have a hard time believing the Browns would release him if reinstated. We're talking about the only superstar we've had since the team came back. 
Also, I think it would have happened a long time ago. The Browns are in wait and see mode and if he is reinstated, it is going to be awfully hard to release him in June.

This is what Josh Gordon's business manager Michael Johnson said about client and decision to apply for reinstatement: "Josh is living with me and is in the best place mentally that he has been in dating back years before entering the NFL. He has taken the proper steps to treat his issues and has followed a very strict protocol that the league and our team here has laid out for him. He's also in the best shape of his life and feels even better than he did when he had his breakout year in 2013. This will be a special year for Josh and we are all very proud of the way he has taken the necessary steps to turn his life around."

2 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

Bears

Eagles

Titans

KC

Redskins

Baltimore

Bengals

Bills

Panthers

BUCS

Hawks

Niners

You forgot one of the big ones that actually NEED a #1... The RAMS. McVay is going to look at him, count on it.

2 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

Bears

Eagles

Titans

KC

Redskins

Baltimore

Bengals

Bills

Panthers

BUCS

Hawks

Niners

I really would LOVE the Panthers spot. 

I wouldn't rule out Green Bay either. Adams was impressive but the team could run 3 wide sets and Gordon could be the successor to jordy. 

On 2017-03-01 at 2:32 PM, ponza88 said:

You forgot one of the big ones that actually NEED a #1... The RAMS. McVay is going to look at him, count on it.

I'd take JG or Pryor, honestly.  God we need a real #1 WR so bad.

On Wednesday, March 01, 2017 at 8:41 AM, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Choo Choo!

I have a hard time believing the Browns would release him if reinstated. We're talking about the only superstar we've had since the team came back. 
Also, I think it would have happened a long time ago. The Browns are in wait and see mode and if he is reinstated, it is going to be awfully hard to release him in June.

Ha, we had this conversation last year. 

The Browns are done with Gordon.  They gave him yet another chance and he again screwed up.

Trade him for whatever you can get and move on. 

6 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Ha, we had this conversation last year. 

The Browns are done with Gordon.  They gave him yet another chance and he again screwed up.

Trade him for whatever you can get and move on. 

Tyrod-Coleman-Pryor-Gordon.
Something that probably won't happen but if that group ever gets on to the field together it is game over for the rest of the league.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS
4 hours ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Something that probably won't happen but if that group ever gets on to the field together it is game over for the rest of the league.

With that O-line, QB, and defense, I wouldn't be that worried about it.  They'd need at least passable to really benefit (to "over for the rest of the league" status) from that type of WR group.

Any group that has Josh as it's veteran leader is slightly combustible. That being said if Josh is right I could throw for 4000 & 20 with those weapons.

The fact that the defense is horrible only enhances the passing game opportunities when playing from behind or even when you know you need to keep scoring because the defense won't stop the opponents.

6 hours ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

NCAA?

@jbshaw @boltup15

Pryor has established himself as a top-15 WR for the time being. Coleman can/will absolutely explode. Josh G one of the best in the game in his rare appearances. Not to mention Ricardo Louis could come on and be a similar presence to Pryor in the red zone. Put in a QB who was shamed out of Buffalo for a losing season that wasn't his fault and you have one of the best passing attacks in the league.

The OL is close, as I've mentioned before. We should have tried to switch up OL positions a little more last year in our experiment 1-15 season. A healthy Bitonio makes a world of difference. 

Defense will be great rushing the passer but of course, poor in coverage. 

The defense, given it is young, will have some horrendous days. The games where everyone is clicking on all cylinders defensively though, it could be fun to watch.

That passing attack can put up 40 on our division rivals.