NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

ponza88

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, DeathOnWings1005 said:

He's not playing in 2017. This thread is pointless and can be closed. There is no outlook for 2017 so we therefore have 23 pages of worthlessness. 

Then why exactly are you wasting your time opening, reading, and posting in this pointless, worthless, thread if you truly believe there is no outlook for Gordon in 2017?

Let me guess- to mock those of us who are interested, and/or make unfunny, unoriginal, pot jokes? Why don't you do yourself and us a favor and just ignore this thread going forward?

1 hour ago, DeathOnWings1005 said:

He's not soooooo playing in 2017. This thread is pointless awesome and can be should be closed to all the haters. There is nothing but an awesome outlook for this cat in 2017 so we therefore should have more than  23 pages of worthlessflash-ness.

Fixed.

http://scout.com/nfl/browns/Board/105323/Contents/Spoke-with-Josh-Gordon-today-reinstatement--106775818

Week 3 colts ????????? Sounds about right

(From link above )

12 hours ago via Mobile

I know that no one wants to hear anything about Josh. And understandably.

But I was taking with Josh today and he said that he thinks he will be reinstated for the Colts game on the 24th. Obviously, this is due to what he has been told by his agent and those around him. 

He said he is in the best shape of his career (hard to believe) and is fully dedicated to football like he never was in the past (probably because he is broke).

We talked for a while and he seemed serious. I told him I was going to tell my brother about our conversation because he is just as big a Brown's fan as me. He said, "that's fine. I want people to know that I am working hard to get back in the league. I'm in great shape and ready to play and I have been told I will be reinstated for the Colts game. I hope the Brown's will let me play, I'm ready"

That may not be word for word, but extremely close. 

He seemed of sound mind and looked like he was in shape like the Pro bowl Josh Gordon.

I know people don't like to hear about him and are done with him...and rightfully so. But I have known him for a while, and I can honestly say this is the first time that I actually believed, (no rose colored glasses), that he wants to come back in a big way and play. 

I can't say that I know it's not for the money, because part of me got the impression that he really will come back 100% and play his heart out, but that part of me was a little worried that he only cared about coming back and playing well now because he is low on cash. 

I hope I am wrong about that, and in my many conversations and time spent with Josh, he really is an extremely nice guy. He has a big heart. He just loves to smoke. 

But he told me he is done. He said that weed has screwed him out of millions of dollars and he made bad choices and went for weed over an NFL career, and he regrets it. 

Just wanted you all to know about our conversation, especially since he had no issue with me sharing. I know people don't like to hear about him here. But just wanted to share the info.

Oh my goodness, I'm getting sucked in again by the hysteria.  Obviously like many here, I've been burned by him on more than one occasion.  Yet I just can't quit him.  Drafting him is like picking up a guy with a 2 game suspension since if reinstated end of September he would miss those games.  Not to add time getting acclimated, used to the new QB, etc.

3 hours ago, Dr Pickem said:

http://scout.com/nfl/browns/Board/105323/Contents/Spoke-with-Josh-Gordon-today-reinstatement--106775818

Week 3 colts ????????? Sounds about right

(From link above )

12 hours ago via Mobile

I know that no one wants to hear anything about Josh. And understandably.

But I was taking with Josh today and he said that he thinks he will be reinstated for the Colts game on the 24th. Obviously, this is due to what he has been told by his agent and those around him. 

He said he is in the best shape of his career (hard to believe) and is fully dedicated to football like he never was in the past (probably because he is broke).

We talked for a while and he seemed serious. I told him I was going to tell my brother about our conversation because he is just as big a Brown's fan as me. He said, "that's fine. I want people to know that I am working hard to get back in the league. I'm in great shape and ready to play and I have been told I will be reinstated for the Colts game. I hope the Brown's will let me play, I'm ready"

That may not be word for word, but extremely close. 

He seemed of sound mind and looked like he was in shape like the Pro bowl Josh Gordon.

I know people don't like to hear about him and are done with him...and rightfully so. But I have known him for a while, and I can honestly say this is the first time that I actually believed, (no rose colored glasses), that he wants to come back in a big way and play. 

I can't say that I know it's not for the money, because part of me got the impression that he really will come back 100% and play his heart out, but that part of me was a little worried that he only cared about coming back and playing well now because he is low on cash. 

I hope I am wrong about that, and in my many conversations and time spent with Josh, he really is an extremely nice guy. He has a big heart. He just loves to smoke. 

But he told me he is done. He said that weed has screwed him out of millions of dollars and he made bad choices and went for weed over an NFL career, and he regrets it. 

Just wanted you all to know about our conversation, especially since he had no issue with me sharing. I know people don't like to hear about him here. But just wanted to share the info.

How credible is this source? Im now contemplating picking him up in my 10 team league and dropping either Ebron or Kendall Wright

10 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

How credible is this source? Im now contemplating picking him up in my 10 team league and dropping either Ebron or Kendall Wright

Well credibility with Gordon news never  100% until he steps on the field .Saw somebody on twitter saying by week 3 and found the source on a clevand brown forum link on my post .Could be true Gordon is not a ghost so a eager fan speaking to him doesnt seem far fetched that Gordon will give him  assumption of when he can play .

I have him in a 12 man league .In my 10 man Im just waiting for actually news from the leauge just in case he doesnt comeback and hopefully I can snatch him first  

The bolded part from the link below is really hard for me to ignore. If his recent rehab stint was in cooperation with the NFL, doesn't that by definition mean that doing so was part of an arrangement/agreement between the NFL and Gordon, presumably to fulfill some sort of reinstatement condition? How else can that be interpreted? Why else would Gordon and the NFL be cooperating?

"Gordon (suspension) went to rehab two months ago in cooperation with the NFL in hopes of being reinstated in late September, Jason Cole of BleacherReport.com reports."

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-josh-gordon-in-rehab-and-seeks-reinstatement/

4 hours ago, CooL said:

Oh my goodness, I'm getting sucked in again by the hysteria.  Obviously like many here, I've been burned by him on more than one occasion.  Yet I just can't quit him.  Drafting him is like picking up a guy with a 2 game suspension since if reinstated end of September he would miss those games.  Not to add time getting acclimated, used to the new QB, etc.

Trying to quit Josh Gordon is like Josh Gordon trying to quit weed.