NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I will be happy if Josh gets to play on a decent team and his talents are showcased: just let him get in a full preseason and fall to me in the 7th or 8th rd because no one ele wants to draft his risk that early

It depends on where he goes. I would feel really good about his support system on a team like Dallas who essentially babysat Dez.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ponza88 said:

I don't think Trumaine Johnson and Barron are castaways, especially in a Gregg Williams defense they're very familiar with. You're not going to find a CB like Tru in this years draft that will return his level of play in the next few years. 

This is an excellent CB class.

If Cleveland really wants Johnson they can wait until next off-season and sign him as a free agent.  

5 hours ago, 96mnc said:

This is an excellent CB class.

If Cleveland really wants Johnson they can wait until next off-season and sign him as a free agent.  

Exactly. Johnson is a good CB making elite CB money...no one wants to trade for his 2017 contract. Jenkins has always been the far superior CB, which the Rams learned the hard way last year. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, smeeze said:
Also probably a stupid thing to do for a guy trying to show the league he matured.

This is my takeaway from the situation. Especially since it's not the Browns orginization that caused his issues. They've had to deal with you for the last few years while you offer nothing to your team, not a single bad thing spoken about you publicly IIRC, and you think this is how you handle the situation? Not to mention it makes you look bad to potential suitors, if there are any of those anymore...

On 4/10/2017 at 10:36 PM, smeeze said:

Seems to me like that's all she wrote for Gordon with the Browns.  Also probably a stupid thing to do for a guy trying to show the league he matured.

Unless Gordon is just trying to get released so another team takes a chance on him. 

4 hours ago, ponza88 said:

LA RAMS!!!!!

Can you expand on that please?  I don't see anything on bleacher, my push notifications, or anything new on google. 

4 hours ago, jbshaw said:

Can you expand on that please?  I don't see anything on bleacher, my push notifications, or anything new on google. 

LOL sorry... Just a hope :-P

On 4/14/2017 at 10:12 AM, howlin' 2 said:

Might want to get reinstated before worrying about which team he will be on. Could be headed north of the border if denied

Martavis needs a "relapse prevention plan" before the commish lets him back in.

Supplementary draft because he got suspended for pot in college, then he gets suspended 4 times in the NFL for the exact same thing.

No eFing way Gordon gets a pass back into the league.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's go!!!! I need him to fall to me in the 10th rd before his 1st preseason game!!!!!  if he is reinstated yes I will burn a 7th rd pick for his potential because I am one of The Faithful!

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Let's go!!!! I need him to fall to me in the 10th rd before his 1st preseason game!!!!!  if he is reinstated yes I will burn a 7th rd pick for his potential because I am one of The Faithful!

Are we still going to have truthers in 2027 that say "but it was only 14 years ago that he was a STUD...he's had all this time to rest and learn the playbook!"

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

He would've had a better chance to play football if he had beaten up a woman rather than smoking pot. That's the NFL for you.

While i agree your point here is valid, sometimes you simply can't fix stupid.  Gordon is down right stupid.  The league def needs to take  a long look in the mirror and they surely need to go ahead and get rid of testing for Maryjane, as most other sports. That being said, my boss has rules in place for me to retain a job, if i don't follow the rules i get fired, prob zero chance of reinstatement.  If i don't like it, i can find another job that allows the behavior i guess, but its prob not going to be a very good paying one.   I have zero sympathy currently for players who want to try and bend the rules REPEATEDLY, at a ridiculous rate (I'm talking to you Randy Gregory also), when they know well and good the rules are in place.  The career shelf life is so short and the money is so great, I'm always shocked by the stupidity of players like Gordon/Gregory.  

20 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

While i agree your point here is valid, sometimes you simply can't fix stupid.  Gordon is down right stupid.  The league def needs to take  a long look in the mirror and they surely need to go ahead and get rid of testing for Maryjane, as most other sports. That being said, my boss has rules in place for me to retain a job, if i don't follow the rules i get fired, prob zero chance of reinstatement.  If i don't like it, i can find another job that allows the behavior i guess, but its prob not going to be a very good paying one.   I have zero sympathy currently for players who want to try and bend the rules REPEATEDLY, at a ridiculous rate (I'm talking to you Randy Gregory also), when they know well and good the rules are in place.  The career shelf life is so short and the money is so great, I'm always shocked by the stupidity of players like Gordon/Gregory.  

it's not stupidity; it's addiction. I personally don't know exactly what substances he was addicted to that caused him to go through rehabilitation but I have personally witnessed addiction in people I know and the very definition of addiction means you can't apply normal logic to it. Addicts don't think nor act in terms of self preservation they only process feeding the addiction despite any harm  as a consequence. Hopefully he has finally learned how to channel his addictions into positive behavior

On 3/14/2017 at 10:18 PM, ChasinDatPaper said:

Just curious; how does the reinstated process work? Who does it go through? And what are the chances of him not beinf reinstated back to playing football?

100%.

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

it's not stupidity; it's addiction. I personally don't know exactly what substances he was addicted to that caused him to go through rehabilitation but I have personally witnessed addiction in people I know and the very definition of addiction means you can't apply normal logic to it. Addicts don't think nor act in terms of self preservation they only process feeding the addiction despite any harm  as a consequence. Hopefully he has finally learned how to channel his addictions into positive behavior

fair enough, i've had my fair of family addiction issues as well, so your comments are understandable. That being said, there is no channeling addiction into a positive behavior with the expectation of playing in the NFL when it is clearly illegal.  Its not possible.  Overall, this is probably the best situation for an addict such as Gordon.  If he can not control/quit his addictions in order to remain within the league and its rules, then he simply needs to channel his life and focus into another direction.   Stating it as stupidity comes off harsh, so maybe i'd rather use, irresponsible, which i don't care how you want to slice it, it is.   You have to work for your goals and if a person has big expectations currently of being a highly paid NFL star,  having an addiction and allowing that to control your life to the point of repeated failures simply doest add up.  I understand the grip addiction has on this country.  I don't understand the repeated abuse with the expectation of retaining a high profile job.