NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the better quotes:

"I said, If I plan on having any type of a career, I'll stop. But at this point I thought, If I want any type of a life, if I wanted to live, [I’ll stop]. 

definitely pushed the limit. I don't know how I did it. It could be before games, it could be before practice, after practice. You see other guys kinda doing it, but I would take it to another level a lot of times. Feeling as though I was being enabled, I thought it was an okay thing to do: Well, this is the norm. And it wasn't. It definitely wasn't."

"I would drink probably like half a glass, or a couple shots to try and warm my system up, basically. To get the motor running. That's what I would do for games."

I used to make a ritual of it before every game. If I had already been drug tested that week, or the day before the game, I knew I had a couple days to buy to clean my system. Even before I was getting tested for alcohol, prior to my DWI in 2014, I would take the biggest bong rip I could. And try to conceal all the smell off all my clothes. I'd be dressed up to go to the game. A bunch of guys smoke weed before the game. But we're not talking about them."

"I would have these little pre-made shots. I used to love Grand Marnier. I could drink it down smooth. I could usually drink a lot of it. But if it wasn't that, it might be a whiskey or something. And I would drink probably like half a glass, or a couple shots to try and warm my system up, basically. To get the motor running. That's what I would do for games."

“We would stay at the team hotel and then players are allowed to go back home, get what they need, and then go to the game. So I'd leave the hotel early morning, go home, eat breakfast, do my little ritual, whatever it may be, some weed, some alcohol, and then go to the game. And then, I'd definitely be partying after every game, win or lose. Every game."

Were you doing this in 2013—during the back-to-back 200-yard games, for instance?
“Yeah.”

“Every game. Probably every game of my career. (Including college)”

missed a lot of meetings, showed up late a lot of times, eyes were probably bloodshot on many occasions. But I guess you couldn't really draw a definitive conclusion because I thought I was evasive enough. And because nobody told me anything. But I'm pretty sure somebody thought something. Definitely in college, for sure, they knew. There's a good chance. More than likely.”

“ I didn't plan on living to 18. Day-to-day life, what's gonna happen next? So you self-medicate with Xanax, with marijuana, codeine—to help numb those nerves so you can just function every day. That became the norm from middle school to high school. So by the time I got into my 20s, I was on an accelerated pace.”

"(The First time I used) “I was in middle school, in seventh grade. I was in the delivery ramps on the side of the middle school with some friends. was given some Xanax, smoking weed and s--- like that. In that class, I ended up—not passing out, but really nodding off, off the Xanax. [I was] only supposed to take half the bar, [but] took the whole bar and I'm like drooling over the desk. Kids started laughing in the class. The teacher's back was turned, and I just kinda raised my hand and asked to go to the restroom real quick. That was my first experience of a high. In 7th grade. And it was to that extent. So I was definitely out of control.

“The spring and summer of 2016. I was in a car accident, totaled the car, wrapped it around a telephone pole. [We were] speeding. Me and another passenger, both sh1tfaced, thinking it's fun. Sideswiping cars on the street. Putting other people in danger. And then ultimately, it's like: How the hell did I walk out of that without a scratch? Cause the car is blown to s---.”

“So I'm always like: Who recognizes me? Like, Josh, nobody knows who the F*** you are. You play for the Browns. “

https://www.gq.com/story/josh-gordon-nfl-2017-interview?mbid=IRONCOCK

A few takeaways:

1.  Gordon was really taking Codine.

2.  Any bets on who the passenger in the crazy car ride was?  My money is on Johnny Football.

3.  Xanax in the 7th grade?  That's one hell of a middle school.

4.  Gordon has a future doing Grand Marnier advertisements.

5.  The Browns play baked, which probably explains their record.

Edited by Iron-cock

People always say he is going to fall back into the same cycle and that the lure of millions of dollars couldn't keep him sober so how can he stay sober now? By reading that whole interview, which I very much so recommend, his daughter is now the most important thing in his life he doesn't want to stay sober to make millions and play in the NFL he wants to stay sober for his daughter which is a much better reason and hopefully he can. 

I'm a nerd. I can remember popping 2 Advil at halftime. Whoa now, Look out! :lol:

I can't imagine drinking/smoking before playing. I guess everyone is different in how chemicals react in the body. It would hurt my performance. 

22 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I'm a nerd. I can remember popping 2 Advil at halftime. Whoa now, Look out! :lol:

I can't imagine drinking/smoking before playing. I guess everyone is different in how chemicals react in the body. It would hurt my performance. 

Nah bro he was coked up, different animal lol

i saw the video where he said he did coke. Never mentionex coke in the vid above, i cant understand smoking before a game holy crap... Lol

Edited by CABLE87
1 minute ago, krest509 said:

So what do we expect from Gordon FF wise.. F what you heard

can he win me my Championship

Can he? Yes. Will he? Probably not. 

But I doubt anyone currently on waivers can even check off "yes" to the first question. 

21 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Listen we are all stashing him because of upside.  No one knows what he will do.  With that said in his return game on Week 13 I am fully expecting 15/250/2 (floor). 

Irrational or not, I can assure you he sees my lineup Week 13. We have waited so long for this. We deserve this. And with Josh, it only takes one play and a little space...

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Really struggling how I can keep Josh on the roster to week 13 and win out the rest of my games to have the bye after locking up my playoff spot

Ive taken the calculated risk of potentially missing the bye week to hang onto gordon. If i still get the bye then great, if not, ive seen many teams with byes get throttled in week 15 by a lesser ranked team.

Last year i got throttled by a 5 seed cause i had some studs being rested by their teams in week 15.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Anyone have a breakdown of josh gordons 2014 season?

After his breakout 2013 season what happened in 2014? His highlights make him look so dominate that i dont see how a sober josh gordon does not step right in and start roasting CBs again.

His stutter step and then straight line burst is otherwordly, that gif burning legs posted made that CB look like a joke.

Did he just lack motivation in 2014?

Gordon could save Hue Jacksons job.

Id like cleveland a lot next year if they got aj mccarron, josh gordon, core coleman, david njoku, duke johnson, isaiah crowell and maybe ricardo louis in the slot.

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ive taken the calculated risk of potentially missing the bye week to hang onto gordon. If i still get the bye then great, if not, ive seen many teams with byes get throttled in week 15 by a lesser ranked team.

Last year i got throttled by a 5 seed cause i had some studs being rested by their teams in week 15.

who?

i'm actually a little worried about that this year with Gurley

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

yup completely understand that view. I'm gunning for the bye week because i would like the free look to see how some of the late stashes pan out for me namely josh- sterling shepard-funchess-corey davis-woodhead

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

who?

i'm actually a little worried about that this year with Gurley

Last year for me it was Julio Jones and then Melvin Gordon got his knee hurt late in the season, that killed, couldnt replace either one of those guys production. Fantasy playoffs are a nightmare sometimes. I try and stockpile my team with guys competing for playoff spots.

Carson Wentz and Zach Ertz scare me this year if they lock up the home field advantage early

I know Gordon hasn't played in a regular season game since 2014, but he did play in the 2016 preseason.  Yes, I know it's just preseason, but not sure why people only say "he hasn't played in 3 years". He had some nice catches in those preseason games, so it's not like he was completely inactive from 2014-2017.  

Edited by smuz1
46 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Anyone have a breakdown of josh gordons 2014 season?

After his breakout 2013 season what happened in 2014? His highlights make him look so dominate that i dont see how a sober josh gordon does not step right in and start roasting CBs again.

His stutter step and then straight line burst is otherwordly, that gif burning legs posted made that CB look like a joke.

Did he just lack motivation in 2014?

Gordon could save Hue Jacksons job.

Id like cleveland a lot next year if they got aj mccarron, josh gordon, core coleman, david njoku, duke johnson, isaiah crowell and maybe ricardo louis in the slot.

His return in 2014 started out okay.  Had 14 targets and 120 yards and they won a close game, but Gordon took a lot of heat for not trying to break up an interception.  Josh kept getting open, but Hoyer absolutely sucked.  Check out the overthrow here:

johnny-2

It was a circus after that, with Manziel calling out Hoyer and the fans calling for Hoyer to get benched.  Hoyer threw 1 touchdown and 8 interceptions over his last four games before getting injured.  Got replaced by Connor Shaw who was even worse.

5 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Sure it did, you're with us talking about pro football instead of being about pro football, living in a big mansion, soaking it up with your soulmate...things coulda been different man

Uncle Rico, is that you??