NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Manziel was throwing it to him some of those games plus he had some tough corners he went against. His first game back he went 8 for 120. Additionally, he just was not ready given what he was going through with his lifestyle. He has way more support, in better shape, and he has been sober for a while. He is getting rave reviews from players and coaches. This time around things are a lot different and a lot better for him. 

Gordon went up against good corners.... lol and he had Johnny Manziel throwing ...

others in this puke thread told us gordon can beat any corner and it doesn’t matter who is throwing the ball.

the circle is complete 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Gordon went up against good corners.... lol and he had Johnny Manziel throwing ...

others in this puke thread told us gordon can beat any corner and it doesn’t matter who is throwing the ball.

the circle is complete 

2013- OC Norv Turner

2014- OC Kyle Shannahan

Nuff said

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

the circle is complete 

This time around things are different. Gordon is in a better place mentally and physically. He has a much better suppirt system and does not have Manziel the Cancer enabling him. Do i expect him to do what he did in 2013? No. But i certainly expect him to do a lot better than 2014. I am curious to see what your reaction will be when Gordon does a lot better than 2014.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Josh Gordon will play Week 13.
Gordon just returned to practice this week, but he apparently showed enough for the Browns to activate him when he is first eligible next week. Rapoport cautions the team intends to "ease him into the flow," which makes sense considering he has not played a regular-season snap since 2014. Still, he remains a high-upside hold for teams heading to the fantasy playoffs. Nov 26 - 8:47 AM
1 hour ago, Jordan23 said:
Gordon just returned to practice this week, but he apparently showed enough for the Browns to activate him when he is first eligible next week. Rapoport cautions the team intends to "ease him into the flow," which makes sense considering he has not played a regular-season snap since 2014. Still, he remains a high-upside hold for teams heading to the fantasy playoffs. Nov 26 - 8:47 AM

So, if they choose to ease him in, we are still looking at 150 yds and 2 tds, right?

1 hour ago, Jordan23 said:

WanGoodBarasinga-small.gif

22 minutes ago, addicted2ff said:

On the Rapoport article, the part about easing him in is just speculation from Rapoport and not based on any source. I think they will play it by ear depending on how he looks.

As a wr he could easily play 50-75% of the snaps and get as few as 3 targets depending ont he gameflow. Coleman is the only legit talent that is ahead of him on the depth chart. 

Edited by dashoe
16 hours ago, shakestreet said:

the circle is complete 

you've already stated you want him to fail so just drop him on whatever team you have him on and stop coming into this thread. not that hard.

It seems like anyone who introduces an ounce of realism into this thread gets attacked.  Odds are Gordon is not going to come back and instantly be the best wr in fantasy.  If I can get a solid wr2 out of a guy who I picked up off waivers this late in the game I will be happy.  

1 minute ago, lla887 said:

It seems like anyone who introduces an ounce of realism into this thread gets attacked.  Odds are Gordon is not going to come back and instantly be the best wr in fantasy.  If I can get a solid wr2 out of a guy who I picked up off waivers this late in the game I will be happy.  

what-is-real-yxqtav.jpg

6 minutes ago, lla887 said:

We don't need Gordon to be the best wr in fantasy football, we just need for him to to be the best wr weeks 14-16. :lol:

12 minutes ago, lla887 said:

For the millionth time, literally nobody is saying that.  The anti-Gordon crowd thinks every Gordon owner expects 2013-level dominance right out of the gate.

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

For the millionth time, literally nobody is saying that.  The anti-Gordon crowd thinks every Gordon owner expects 2013-level dominance right out of the gate.

Ummm speak for yourself bucko, Flash knows no superior.

36 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm going to hedge today so you can quote this later. If Gordon has a terrible performance week 13 and out I BLAME IT ALL ON KIZER :lol:

You should blame it on the coach calling the plays. If Gordon sees the targets, regardless of their quality, he will produce.

43 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Hey I own the guy.  I’m not the anti Gordon crowd.  I hope he does great.  But if you don’t see some unrealistic expectations in this thread you’re not reading it.  

In the short time I’ve been using this forum I’ve seen the hype train get of hand on here many times.  It seems to me like it’s happening here.  

The most amusing thing is most Gordon fans are in here obviously over exaggerating and trolling and the haters feel the need to come in and try to explain how he isn't the goat. No s--- he isn't. He's right on the heels of Rice though