NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, dashoe said:

That reads like there are going to be some special plays implemented and  multiple targets for  Josh

He'll be a little rusty, but I think this is reasonable: 2 recs. 180 yards, 3 TDs

51 minutes ago, dashoe said:

That reads like there are going to be some special plays implemented and  multiple targets for  Josh

I do expect some big plays, but that also reads that he won't be playing all the snaps.  He doesn't need to play all the snaps to be start worth (and I'm starting him 100%) but it sounds like there could be a snap count on him.

There are certain players each year that are worth the risk either holding on to or spending that #1WW on or big FAAB on just in the hopes they blow up and lead you to a championship.  This is one of those guys.  Yes he hasn't played in a while and there is always a chance he has a setback but I look at it this way. I'd rather have him on my team and take that chance than watch him blow up on someone else's roster and think - why didn't I pick him up.

Browns are starved for a bigtime playmaker even though Coleman could eventually turn out to be a good receiver.  But Gordon can offer instant offense which is what CLE is so lacking. 

Dule johnson leads the browns in receiving at 446 yards, out of receivers it is Ricardo Lewis at 322 yards. I give him a 40% chance of leading the browns in receiving for the 3rd time in his career. But this statistic proves how desperately they need playmakers, when your leading WR is a player who I have to click your link so I know your 1st name your team has a problem forget the fact that he's averaging under 30 yards, or 1 Gordon Catch, a game.

7 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Duke Johnson leads the browns in receiving at 446 yards, out of receivers it is Ricardo Lewis at 322 yards. I give him a 100% chance of leading the browns in receiving for the 3rd time in his career. 

FTFY

20 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Dule johnson leads the browns in receiving at 446 yards, out of receivers it is Ricardo Lewis at 322 yards. I give him a 40% chance of leading the browns in receiving for the 3rd time in his career. But this statistic proves how desperately they need playmakers, when your leading WR is a player who I have to click your link so I know your 1st name your team has a problem forget the fact that he's averaging under 30 yards, or 1 Gordon Catch, a game.

I think you are overlooking Coleman. HE is not on Gordon’s level but had he been healthy he would be somewhere in the ~700yds range right now is my guess. I think they will compliment each other well next season, and possibly the end of this season.

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

I think you are overlooking Coleman. HE is not on Gordon’s level but had he been healthy he would be somewhere in the ~700yds range right now is my guess. I think they will compliment each other well next season, and possibly the end of this season.

He just dropped an easy TD

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

They are listing the actual yards this season, not what Coleman would have done if he were healthy. And then if we get into "ifs" Gordon would be top 10 in the league, even with a bad QB.

4 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I'm starting him. I just know if he blows up on my bench I won't be able to justify joining in on the memes. That is my biggest fear.

If he goes off ROS, I am naming next child Gordy in honor of him. I am subsequently legally renaming my other 3 children Josh, Joshua,  and Ezekial ( in memory of me busting a nut all over the team that drafted Ezekial Elliot).

10 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Not overlooking Coleman, most important ability is availability and Coleman and Gordon have both struggled due with this due to very different reasons. Coleman is the reason I said 40% chance, if Coleman was on IR I would say Gordon leads the brown receivers in yards.

Flex plays are pretty much dart throws weekly. I’d rather that dart throw be Josh Gordon who has more blow up potential than any flex guy I️ would be starting anyway. If he burns me so be it but I️ plan on starting Gordon from here on out. 

this probably doesn't compare since JG played in 2013, but I remember in 2014 when he missed the first 3 games I think it was. He came back against Minny and went bonkers. I can see him doing something similar. 

All he needs is 5-6 targets to return flex value. Hit a big play, take a drag route for 30 yards, etc.

1 hour ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

They are listing the actual yards this season, not what Coleman would have done if he were healthy. And then if we get into "ifs" Gordon would be top 10 in the league, even with a bad QB.

I don’t disagree, he would have most likely been awesome and may very well crush it week 14-17.

13 minutes ago, Breesus said:

I'm going to miss this thread when it's all over. All us Josh Gordon owners deserve a 200 2TD game for the hype & memes we've been giving him in his honor the past 3 years.

FTFY