NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Oh I have, while pretty trashed ahah just insane for someone to tear it up against actual athletes. He did it in the pros too. Just impressive lol

He was a pro vs pros a little bottle of alchol only raises confidence, u don't lose physical ability, not talking over a time of years

7 hours ago, shakestreet said:

maybe roger the commissioner will ban josh before he plays his first game

Roger only made $1,000 per month in college for snitching and busting dope dealers. Plus he got free medicinal for his whole family and use of a private car. 

Roger is feeling jealous and underpaid after reading how much Josh was knocking down back in the day 

16 hours ago, dashoe said:

Def coordintators are going to have a hard time plaaning against 2 guys with blazing speed and one of the them being 6'3, 230 pounds of pure athletic muscle and agility. the safeties are going to be busy all game and you won't have the personnel to blitz the QB at will.Kizer should have plenty of time to throw

idk about the time to throw thing. Chargers have 2 of the best pass rushers in the league. Bosa a candidate for DPOY

2 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

idk about the time to throw thing. Chargers have 2 of the best pass rushers in the league. Bosa a candidate for DPOY

I agree i think Chargers rush defense might be slept on. They can really attack the qb. 

That being said i know plenty of ppl will be throwing out gordon to play this first week. Don’t know how i could play him just yet. Definitely need to see how he does first game back 

46 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

I agree i think Chargers rush defense might be slept on. They can really attack the qb. 

That being said i know plenty of ppl will be throwing out gordon to play this first week. Don’t know how i could play him just yet. Definitely need to see how he does first game back 

Totally agree, Chargers pass D is one of the best...Neither Josh or Coleman will have much production... 

Hopefully playin Josh next week @ GB...

Edited by Sean Tambo
9 hours ago, hard1 said:

19 he may have been "drunk" 3 beers...he may consider buzzed drunk he may consider a tingle drunk....he clearly wasn't falling all over himself drunk....so I think we can all agree he uses the term drunk too loosely or we all take it to mean black out...which he clearly wasn't....anyway I'm sick of all the talk at first I appreciated the openess of his and being able to talk about it and now showing moving on but now it's like he thought he was a effing rockstar and glorifying all of it....now I just want him to shut his mouth and dominate....don't care if he says another word....his first td I wanna see him run off the field hand the ball to the ref....team first type score  not point to the name on his jersey or dance or hold a AA meeting in the endzone....just shut his mouth and put up...

If he holds an AA meeting after scoring a touchdown it’ll go down as the greatest celebration in NFL history. This needs to happen now. 

5 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

I'm speaking in general not specific to the chargers game. The Browns have a solid pass protection o-line what hurts themis Kizer holds onto the ball too long so with coleman and Gordon kizer should release the ball quicker than he has with the previous rabble of underperforming wr's 

23 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm speaking in general not specific to the chargers game. The Browns have a solid pass protection o-line what hurts themis Kizer holds onto the ball too long so with coleman and Gordon kizer should release the ball quicker than he has with the previous rabble of underperforming wr's 

Hey shoe, do you think Gordon surpasses Coleman on the pecking order? He is now number one?  This actually could work against him if Hayward covers him.

1 hour ago, pittsports87 said:

If he holds an AA meeting after scoring a touchdown it’ll go down as the greatest celebration in NFL history. This needs to happen now. 

Goodell would have an aneurysm. The Rotoworld forum would be shut down until pitchers and catchers report.

46 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Hey shoe, do you think Gordon surpasses Coleman on the pecking order? He is now number one?  This actually could work against him if Hayward covers him.

I don't think it matters, Josh is a freak wr, you can't single cover him. He is too big, too fast, too strong, will out jump and has an insane catch radius with sick ball tracking skills.  Best way to contain Josh is to get to the QB and disrupt the pass play.

16 hours ago, reichl555 said:

No it don’t, but he has no more room for error after those interviews.  So if he gets busted one more time he’s done.  That’s all I’m saying.  Just making it harder for himself.

Aside from getting paid for interviews, I think that's the purpose. He knows what he's doing. It's a confessional of sorts, which is part of sober living, You come clean on everything.

I don't think we have to worry about him relapsing, at least for a couple years. Plus it's probably going to be hard for him to get that long term watershed contract (big guaranteed money). Even if he returns to form and is just dominating the league, all of his future contracts are going to be filled with moral clauses. This isn't going to turn into a Josh Hamilton thing where he gets a boatload of money guaranteed, stays clean for a while, then goes off on a bender. Josh will have to earn his money every step of the way.

12 hours ago, dashoe said:

i think he is literally taking his 12 step recovery to the max. Being honest in the face of consequences is part of it.  So he is talking about a period of his life to the media when he was dishonest

Exactly. Now that he is back with the team reporters are asking him questions. Its not like he's holding his own press conferences "bragging" about how much weed he sold in college. Man some of the recent posts make me shake my head.

Yes the reality is, one more bust/failed drug test and he is done.  But he's also done what he needs to do to get back into the league and for now things look good for him.

Remember folks, these are "journalists" asking him questions and the more crazy the questions/answers the more hits they get when they publish the stories.  They get paid for hits.  Gordon was just being honest, and does it really shock anyone?  He's made mistakes and is now trying to get his life and career back on track.

I was just thinking what type of cluster f--- the Browns game day thread will be this weekend once he explodes for 12/237/3. All the memes, all the reactions, good Lord almighty.

I started talking to myself thinking of all the possibilities to come and how pitiful my opponent will feel this week as I start Gordon as my WR#1, ahead of AB.

Girlfriend heard me and called me crazy.

Needless to say, Gordon's still in my lineup, but she definitely isn't. 

1 minute ago, Wynter12 said:

The hype is ridiculous for this guy lol Anyone can tell me if  there's word on how he's done in practice? 

Gtfo. 

Edit: im kidding, third time is the charm, am i right?

Edited by CABLE87
1 minute ago, Wynter12 said:

The hype is ridiculous for this guy lol Anyone can tell me if  there's word on how he's done in practice? 

the word is he has done practice very very  very very very well

4 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Gtfo. 

Edit: im kidding, third time is the charm, am i right?

:lol: I'm only asking because I don't want to die under a hype train gone wrong. 

He's still on the waivers because no one in my league believes in his hype. I'm just making sure if I drop someone for Gordon, I won't get burned by someone who isn't delivering in practice. Precautionary measures :D

EDIT: seems I have no worries then going by the responses :). 

Edited by Wynter12