NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Just the idea of starting Josh is to fun not to do and I don't even care one bit if he sucks to start. You know every league mate is hoping he also sucks and wished they were more proactive and rostered him. The blow-up potential is real and the sh*t the bed potential is also very real but who cares about that second one right. 

This is true. In my one dynasty league where I have him I know everyone is hoping he bombs.  I'm starting him this week no questions asked. Why? because this is fantasy football and one has to take gambles sometimes.  If he tanks, everyone gets to laugh. It he hits one long ball home run for 60+ yards and a TD I'm laughing.

I'd rather risk a bomb than him sitting on my bench going off for 20+ pts.  What we do know is - he hasn't lost any of his speed.  You see anyone catch him in those highlights? NO.  Talib? Not a chance...  This guy has freakish speed once he gets going and now he's supposed to be faster? 

Fire him up!

Just now, Big Nate said:

This is true. In my one dynasty league where I have him I know everyone is hoping he bombs.  I'm starting him this week no questions asked. Why? because this is fantasy football and one has to take gambles sometimes.  If he tanks, everyone gets to laugh. It he hits one long ball home run for 60+ yards and a TD I'm laughing.

I'd rather risk a bomb than him sitting on my bench going off for 20+ pts.  What we do know is - he hasn't lost any of his speed.  You see anyone catch him in those highlights? NO.  Talib? Not a chance...  This guy has freakish speed once he gets going and now he's supposed to be faster? 

Fire him up!

But how is he going to get his motor running now? :D

Procedure is as follows:

1. Go to twitter.

2. Search for Josh Gordon

3. Clic on videos and see him in practice.

If during point 3 you don't run to put him in your flex you must have a really stacked team, or you're playing in a 8 or 10 teams league.

Not expecting much considering the hype train is out of control, but I think it's funny how all of the media/fantasy folks seem to have hopped on this false narrative.

They keep saying he hasn't played football since 2014. That's beyond false. He played several games in 2016 preseason. They are acting like the dude died and never played football before

1 minute ago, jimithing11 said:

Not expecting much considering the hype train is out of control, but I think it's funny how all of the media/fantasy folks seem to have hopped on this false narrative.

They keep saying he hasn't played football since 2014. That's beyond false. He played several games in 2016 preseason. They are acting like the dude died and never played football before

Yup, been saying that for a while. Teddy Bridgewater, playing a much more difficult position, hasn't played a game since August of 2016 and Zimmer is itching to get him into the starting lineup for a team fighting for a playoff spot/super bow. Meanwhile, Josh Gordon hasn't played in a game since August of 2016  and he is rusty and likely not ready to play football????

It's just the media's typical take on stories like this. 

Gordon's limitation will come from his QB and supporting cast, not his talent/rust. 

On Thursday, Gordon shared some of his own expectations for his first game. Gordon acknowledged that there are plenty of unknowns about what Sunday will bring, but that he’s optimistic about what will happen.

“There’s a question mark on it, but I know I expect to do something positive,” Gordon said, via Pat McManamon of ESPN.com.

Jackson also shared some of his plans for Gordon, specifically that Gordon will be in the starting lineup against the Chargers. Jackson said at his press conference that he was “surprised” to be asked if that would be the case and added that there won’t be a pre-set snap count for Gordon come Sunday.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

I need to rethink my josh start, this week my game determines if the #2 and 3 teams who are tied get the bye and which brackets we will play in. . . I need to pray to Josh Gordon for guidance because only he can put my mind at ease. 

WetDisastrousAdouri-small.gif

11 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Yup, been saying that for a while. Teddy Bridgewater, playing a much more difficult position, hasn't played a game since August of 2016 and Zimmer is itching to get him into the starting lineup for a team fighting for a playoff spot/super bow. Meanwhile, Josh Gordon hasn't played in a game since August of 2016  and he is rusty and likely not ready to play football????

It's just the media's typical take on stories like this. 

Gordon's limitation will come from his QB and supporting cast, not his talent/rust. 

Well... the O line for the Browns is supposed to be decent, and Kizer should have the ability to scramble and throw it up for grabs.

1 minute ago, seanismorris said:

Well... the O line for the Browns is supposed to be decent, and Kizer should have the ability to scramble and throw it up for grabs.

O-line for browns is good, what hurts their pass protect is Kizer holds the ball too long

24 minutes ago, JuanSuarez said:

Procedure is as follows:

1. Go to twitter.

2. Search for Josh Gordon

3. Clic on videos and see him in practice.

If during point 3 you don't run to put him in your flex you must have a really stacked team, or you're playing in a 8 or 10 teams league.

I watched, and I’m not ready to start him yet.  The chemistry between Kizer and Gordon on the deep ball is still a work in progress.

I’ll see how he does in game this week, and hopefully start him next week.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Anyone who owned him loves him and for good reason.

Uh I owned him the year he sucked and killed my championship dreams :(  I swore I would never own him again.  Yet here I am.  

love people are acting as if WR's outside of hopkins-AB-thielen are guaranteed studs and rb's outtside of gurley-kamara-bell are double digit studs.

You have to be CRAZY to start Josh Gordon in your flex over vernon davis-crowder-juju-parker-corey davis-doctson-kearse-cooper-martavis-jordy-cobb-tate-lee-kupp-desean-amendoladarkwa-lacey-blount-white-lewis-forte-martin-breida-cohen-etc-etc.

You have to be completely INSANE!!!

12 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I watched, and I’m not ready to start him yet.  The chemistry between Kizer and Gordon on the deep ball is still a work in progress.

Thanks for the valuable update on your team we’ve been on the edge of our seats.

13 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

You should drop him so a more devout Josh Gordon owner can claim him and start him in a do or die matchup this week. Don't take it personally, you simply lack the faith required to be a Josh Gordon owner. 

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

love people are acting as if WR's outside of hopkins-AB-thielen are guaranteed studs and rb's outtside of gurley-kamara-bell are double digit studs.

You have to be CRAZY to start Josh Gordon in your flex over vernon davis-crowder-juju-parker-corey davis-doctson-kearse-cooper-martavis-jordy-cobb-tate-lee-kupp-desean-amendoladarkwa-lacey-blount-white-lewis-forte-martin-breida-cohen-etc-etc.

You have to be completely INSANE!!!

For the record, Vernon Davis caught just as many balls last week as  Josh Gordon did.  Insane, eh?

I'm the 1st place team playing the 2nd place team this week for essentially the reg season title and bracket position. 

I'm starting Gordon, screw it. I could play it safe but for what. All I need to do is win 2  consecutive games for the title but if I start Josh his 1st week back and he explodes for my  win,  I CAN GLOAT FOREVER BECAUSE I ROSTERED HIM WHEN OTHERS WERE AFRAID TOO! :D