NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Gordon 2017 Season Outlook

6 hours ago, seanismorris said:

That’s my analysis: (guess)s)

The odds Kizer has 40 passes isn’t good (once this season)

Kizer generally has 30 to 32.

I’m guessing on completions to Gordon (57.2% is Kizer’s actual number, but that’s boosted by the short stuff to Duke)

The biggest question mark is playing time, and targets... but he’s going up against arguably the best pass rush in the league.

Kizer is going to be lucky to get any passes off long.

If Gordon catches a TD everyone (myself included) will be thrilled.  The good thing is Gordon is 6-3 which is 4 more than Coleman, so he should be a good target in the ends zone.  That bad is Kizer has 4 rushing TDs vs. 5 passing TDs.

But who has Kizer had to throw to all season???  Of course they aren't going to be pass heavy when Ricardo Lewis is the number 1 option.  In the three full games Coleman has played he has averaged over 8 targets around 5 rec 70 yds and has 1 TD(dropped a easy TD last week).  Not that Kizer is good but in a small sample size(which is all that we have, 3 games) if Coleman caught that td last week he would be averaging over 15 pts per game in PPR.  Which comes out to 180 points over 12 games.  That would be good for WR6 on the year.  I know its a stretch but it shows Kizer can at least get the ball to his top WR when he has one that isn't practice squad material.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, frisco204 said:

Ready for 200yds and 3 TDs!!

Kizer can’t throw 3 TDs in a game... wait.. Kizer can’t even throw 2 TDs in a game.  He has a total of 5 TDs ALL season.  And for the 200 yds, I think Kizer only reached that 3 times this year.

But I forgot, the junkie that’s coming back after not playing a meaningful game in 3 years will make everything better.

Game prediction: 3/42, 5 drops, pulled hammy in 4th quarter.

8 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Kizer can’t throw 3 TDs in a game... wait.. Kizer can’t even throw 2 TDs in a game.  He has a total of 5 TDs ALL season.  And for the 200 yds, I think Kizer only reached that 3 times this year.

But I forgot, the junkie that’s coming back after not playing a meaningful game in 3 years will make everything better.

I predict you will pull a hammy when/if Flash scores his first TD

53 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Threw 2 week six. Has 5 total because his receivers have been Kenny Britt, Richardo Lewis, and Richard Higgins most of the year.

5 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Threw 2 week six. Has 5 total because his receivers have been Kenny Britt, Richardo Lewis, and Richard Higgins most of the year.

Thanks for clarifying.  Now I’m on board for 200 yds and 3 TDs.

“Last time he played he was All-Pro, so we know he’s a heck of a receiver,” Head Coach Anthony Lynn acknowledged.  “He’ still young, so his skillset probably hasn’t diminished much. 

“Extremely talented,” said Defensive Coordinator Gus Bradley, echoing Lynn.  “Very athletic. Operates in space very well. He can have a 200-yard game, easily. Back then, he was on the rise and really doing well.  (He was) someone across the league they were talking about.”

So, the question bears asking – How do the Bolts go about preparing for the talented wideout?

“It’s tough,” Bradley admitted. “You go back and watch tape. And you don’t know from that year to where he is now. We’re assuming he’s going to come in ready to play. We know the type of player he is and the style of player he is and what he’s effective at.  It’s hard to go back and show a lot of tape on it. We just have to prepare for everyone like we normally do.”

“(The film should hold up) because of that skill set,” Lynn added.  “I’m pretty sure he’s still close to it. He’s one of the better run-after-catch receivers in the National Football League, I know that. So they’ll probably try to get him the ball short, and he’ll probably try to run long with it. That’s what he’s good at.”

Bolts coaching staff sure does have alot to say about defending against a supposed washed drug addict WR on the Browns who hasnt played a NFL game in 3yrs or last preseason depending on who u ask.  Notice  how the Bolts coach refers to Josh as one of the better run after catch wr's in the PRESENT tense not the PAST tense.

Shouldnt they be more concerned about defending against Kenny Britt? :lol:

Edited by dashoe

“Last time he played he was All-Pro, so we know he’s a heck of a receiver,” Head Coach Anthony Lynn acknowledged.  “He’ still young, so his skillset probably hasn’t diminished much. 

“Extremely talented,” said Defensive Coordinator Gus Bradley, echoing Lynn.  “Very athletic. Operates in space very well. He can have a 200-yard game, easily. Back then, he was on the rise and really doing well.  (He was) someone across the league they were talking about.”

So, the question bears asking – How do the Bolts go about preparing for the talented wideout?

“It’s tough,” Bradley admitted. “You go back and watch tape. And you don’t know from that year to where he is now. We’re assuming he’s going to come in ready to play. We know the type of player he is and the style of player he is and what he’s effective at.  It’s hard to go back and show a lot of tape on it. We just have to prepare for everyone like we normally do.”

“(The film should hold up) because of that skill set,” Lynn added.  “I’m pretty sure he’s still close to it. He’s one of the better run-after-catch receivers in the National Football League, I know that. So they’ll probably try to get him the ball short, and he’ll probably try to run long with it. That’s what he’s good at.”

Bolts coaching staff sure does have alot to say about defending against a supposed washed drug addict WR on the Browns who hasnt played a NFL game in 3yrs or last preseason depending on who u ask. 

Shouldnt they be more concerned about Kenny Britt? :lol:

Just now, this guy right here said:

So is Deshaun Watson. He did pretty well with the skilled position players he had around him. What do you think he'd have done on the Browns? Same as Kizer.

Actually Kizer a bit more raw in talent and needed more development than Deshaun. he would have been better off in a system where he could sit behind a vet for a year or 2. 

4 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

So is Deshaun Watson. He did pretty well with the skilled position players he had around him. What do you think he'd have done on the Browns? Same as Kizer.

Hahaha,  thanks for the good laugh.  Don’t ever compare Watson to Kizer again.

Just now, this guy right here said:

He'd still have better numbers if he had Hopkins and Fuller to throw to. 

i wouldnt disagree with that, surrounding talent can compensate for and hide poor play

3 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

This still amazes me after watching it 20 times.  Crazy that he makes Talib look slow.

That was 2013 Aqib Talib when he was 27 and presumably faster than he is today.

That is a great play for many reasons, first off he uses his hands (not his body to catch the ball), he seems to accelerate through the catch, he uses a little stiff arm to gain some separation and then uses world class speed to pull away from a CB that ran a 4.44/40. 

1 minute ago, reichl555 said:

This clip is outdated. 

What the heck is that supposed to mean?  It is film of Josh Gordon. Better tell the coaches for the Chargers who went back and watched all the film on it that it is out dated lol.  NFL Coaches are watching it... it is relevant.

AND he's supposed to be faster now.  He's a physical freak at his size and speed.  The question is can he still play football.  I think we will find out that answer and it will be a big yes.

Just now, reichl555 said:

I don’t go and show clips of Adrian Peterson’s runs to the house that he did 4 years ago.  It’s irrelevant. 

Apete is a shell of his former self and about ready to retire. Gordon is 26 and in the prime of his playing career. So to look back at what he did when he was 22 isn't crazy. In fact, there is reason to believe that he is in better shape and in a better frame of mind than he was back then. 

5 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

I don’t go and show clips of Adrian Peterson’s runs to the house that he did 4 years ago.  It’s irrelevant. 

Tell that to the Bolts coaching staff. . .

So, the question bears asking – How do the Bolts go about preparing for the talented wideout?

“It’s tough,” Bradley admitted. “You go back and watch tape. And you don’t know from that year to where he is now. We’re assuming he’s going to come in ready to play. We know the type of player he is and the style of player he is and what he’s effective at.  It’s hard to go back and show a lot of tape on it. We just have to prepare for everyone like we normally do.”

4 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

How do you know he’s in his prime still?  I haven’t seen him on prime time tv since 2013.

How do you know he is not in better shape?  Reports that have come out saying he looks phenomenal and is faster now after he lost more body fat. 

[Good day, fantasy football enthusiasts.  If this thread is going to work, you all are going to have to be part of the solution, not adding to the problem.  If you had a comment deleted, let that serve as your final warning before getting some time off.  Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.]