NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kirk Cousins 2017 Outlook

19 hours ago, LongBalls said:

I'm starting Cam Newton over him this week ... if anyone's looking for a rough reference point.

i'd rather have Kirk in the rain than Cam in 20mph winds ... though, who knows ... maybe the gusts can blow some of Fig's ridiculously misfired passes closer to his intended targets ???

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'd rather have Kirk in the rain than Cam in 20mph winds ... though, who knows ... maybe the gusts can blow some of Fig's ridiculously misfired passes closer to his intended targets ???

I'm watching two main things: a. the weather in TB (too early to say); b. how many starters the Redskins offensive line is missing against a strong Dallas pass rush (four starters and two backups injured). It still might change, though I'm quite worried about the Washington O-line.

Edited by LongBalls
3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I'm watching two main things: a. the weather in TB (too early to say); b. how many starters the Redskins offensive line is missing against a strong Dallas pass rush (four starters and two backups injured). It still might change, though I'm quite worried about the Washington O-line.

the o-line is of concern, no question ... but more so for Kelley and the running game - Kirk is not exactly taking 5-7 step drops, and waiting on routes to develop - he can do a ton of damage underneath on quick hitters to CT, Reed, Vernon, etc

Cousins has assumed RONCO status (set it and forget it) with me - and Gruden plays to the kid's strengths. 

gl whichever way you go ?

FWIW:

Redskins LT Trent Williams (knee) is questionable for Week 8 against the Cowboys.

Williams didn't practice this week after aggravating a knee injury in Monday night's loss to Philadelphia. With Spencer Long (knee) out and Williams, Morgan Moses (ankle) and Brandon Scherff (back, knee) all listed as questionable, Washington's offensive line will be running on fumes Sunday against Dallas.

Oct 27 - 3:20 PM
2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Trent Williams, Scherff, and Spencer Long all out. Moses is questionable. It's gonna be raining a lot. Sorry Kirk, bench this week. Get that o-line healthy.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing and going with R. Wilson instead this week.

On 10/26/2017 at 4:55 PM, eg4190 said:

Every time I've ever streamed Dalton because he has a great matchup(!) he's had one of his -3 point games.  I don't see how you bench Cousins after the way he's carried the team on his back for several weeks in a row.

On 10/26/2017 at 5:31 PM, throwinsamoan said:

Nah you go ahead and take Dalton.

I'll ride with Cousins, more than likely have to throw at least 40 times to keep up with Dallas. No running game, and defense regressing. 

Dalton can have a nice solid game hooking up with Green, but they should have no issues dealing with Indy. Could be the breakout game for Mixon. 

How'd it work out for you guys?

Seems like this would be good news. The more help the better. Will be interesting to see if/who they land. Supposedly the Colts are shopping Moncrief, so I wonder if that's what this is about.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Redskins are "trying to land a wide receiver before the deadline."

Terrelle Pryor's fantasy value is already dead and buried, but, if true, this would be a big blow to Josh Doctson's moving forward. It is also possible Washington is looking to replace Jamison Crowder or Ryan "Gruden" Grant, but that duo has looked locked into their spots as of late.
Oct 31 - 12:13 PM
Edited by gufomel

Ok not the right thread i know but need help. Im trading for a Qb1 for ROS since I lost Rodgers and the ww sucks. Have TyGod right now. You guys think Cousins is better than Stafford ROS?

Edited by noles1983
45 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

They need to look for someone who can play on the outside. Pryor has been garbage and Grant is a JAG. Crowder and Thompson (and Reed/Davis) can cover the slot. Someone like Martavis Bryant would make some sense.

Ding ding ding??  :o

Josh Gordon will meet with NFL officials to discuss his reinstatement on Tuesday.

Gordon is hoping to be reinstated by commissioner Roger Goodell following his latest rehab stint. ESPN's Adam Schefter is also hearing that the Browns could look to trade his rights ahead of Tuesday's 4 PM ET trade deadline. Gordon led the NFL in receiving yards at age 22 but has had his career derailed by repeated substance abuse issues. He hasn't played an NFL down since 2014.

The more I think about it, I just don't like this matchup for cousins. Cousins dinks and dunks too much and the Seattle D(while not as good as previous years) preys on offenses like this where they can sit back and zone and run and hit.

Edited by WVFalcon

Cousins is a top 10 high floor guy with nice potential to blow up now and then but his ROS schedule is brutal, especially in the playoff stretch. The inconsistency at WR and the constant shuffling with the line is a major red flag. Now Reed is ouchy again and Pryor still MIA.  I'm considering moving him in a couple of my leagues now before it gets worse.

The Seahawks have had a pretty buttery soft schedule (with the Watson/Rodgers exceptions) this season in terms of QB match-ups. I still hate the cross-country trip against a good defense, and Cousins doesn't exactly have good offensive options. The ground game (outside of Thompson) is largely useless, and both Crowder and Reed sound like they'll be out this week. 

Seattle will likely scheme to shut-down Thompson because he's about the only thing the 'Skins have going. Once again, I'm looking at terrible Cam Newton as an alternate purely do the match-ups.

Edited by LongBalls